Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Nugget of interest #1: WGA victory means the strike is over?

Nugget of interest #2: X/Twitter won’t show replies unless you are logged in to an account, so I at least can’t see anything past the first post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Grundulum posted:

Nugget of interest #2: X/Twitter won’t show replies unless you are logged in to an account, so I at least can’t see anything past the first post.

This one is quite good.

Also

isn't saying that Moridin in gone but it also isn't not saying it.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

rafe probably saw how terrible of a poster moridin920 was and decided he didn't need that baggage

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Jedit posted:

You mean Furyk Karede. But yeah, the Gardeners are not da'covale and as I recall they're also the only servants of the Empress who are permitted to refuse her call, if they need to avoid the Longing.

IIRC seanchan ogier do not get the longing. Also I wonder if the two societies of ogier knew about each other from before or if they are complete strangers. Leaning towards the latter.

Didn't like the idea of Ogier working for the seanchan fucks though.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Grundulum posted:

Nugget of interest #1: WGA victory means the strike is over?

1: Strike for writers is over, actors are still striking.

2: You can replace twitter.com with nitter.net:
Rafe Q&A
Some other good responses:
https://twitter.com/rafejudkins/status/1707084985952317729#m
https://twitter.com/rafejudkins/status/1707077972132261949#m
https://twitter.com/rafejudkins/status/1707081734632686026#m
https://twitter.com/rafejudkins/status/1707081476028715444#m

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Gwaihir posted:

Not only this, but also just as an example of how hosed up randland in specific was from the combination of proximity to the Blight and Ishamael's post breaking actions- The trolloc wars and the hundred years war both pushed a civilization on the edge well past the brink and in to decline. It's a huge standout point that the societies from other parts of the world aren't really in the same state of "humanity is in retreat."

RJ was never unambiguous about anything that removed personal agency being bad, the seanchan not getting their own just deserts isn't down to any both-sides-ing, it's just, literally, "this was gonna be my next arc but oops gently caress disease"

Both Shara and Seanchan border the blight. Presumably, after the civil war hit the Seanchan, the Trollocs also came out of their blight, and they're now all dead. Though I dunno about Shara, maybe they were lucky and counted as allies of the dark, or they were also super-hosed after all their soldiers and channelers beamed themselves over to Randland.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I found the most interesting bit to be that Liandrin is not combined with anyone.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Libluini posted:

Both Shara and Seanchan border the blight. Presumably, after the civil war hit the Seanchan, the Trollocs also came out of their blight, and they're now all dead. Though I dunno about Shara, maybe they were lucky and counted as allies of the dark, or they were also super-hosed after all their soldiers and channelers beamed themselves over to Randland.

Seanchan has the "lesser Blight" that is presumably still awful and unlivable but all the Trollocs and other Shadowspawn there were exterminated centuries or perhaps millennia ago. That's why the Seanchan were so sure they were myths.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I wanna see some of those Seanchan monsters on screen already!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oh that was some Twin Peaks rear end poo poo, what the gently caress.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

He says the line :discourse:

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Did TV Rand ever get Good at Swords?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Ask Lanfear

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I doubt if you'll ever get the eye of the tiger training montage that everyone seems to want.

PTSD guy in the sanitarium talks about showing him more sword forms..we'll just have to see, we know he faces off with Turak this season :shrug:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Lan has been too busy not being a badass to teach him.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I'm not sure if I want to see Moridin, the actor for Ishy is killing it.

One thing I'm curious about is how are they going to work Rand becoming a blademaster.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Same way Goku learnt the Spirit Bomb

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

calandryll posted:

I'm not sure if I want to see Moridin, the actor for Ishy is killing it.

One thing I'm curious about is how are they going to work Rand becoming a blademaster.

Offscreen

I think my biggest complaint about the show is that there is a shedload of interesting learning and mentoring in the books entirely loving absent in favor sitting in bathtubs/chaises/carriages/corners/on-the-floor and looking just over the camera into the middle distance.

Screencap/name your favorite shot with the actor moodily emoting for 8 to 10 seconds, because every single actor seems to have been given the same direction.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

CainFortea posted:

isn't saying that Moridin in gone but it also isn't not saying it.

moridin appears in what, book 7?

i didn't read it that way, just that rafe is laying the groundwork for that end-state sooner by making ishy less crazy and more of the would-be noble nihilist

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Regarding Ishy/Moridin Judkins said today: “We wove a lot of Moridin and his philosophy into Ishamael this season”

100% they are not migrating any souls or recasting anybody

Handling forsaken “death” and resurrection was pretty much established with Lanfear.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

buffalo all day posted:

Lots of Rafe Q&A this morning on Twitter…with some nuggets of interest

https://twitter.com/rafejudkins/status/1706945931961122872?s=20

Most interesting bits of this to me is that it seems to imply that we'll get the Stone of Tear battle in falme, and that there's at least 1 deleted scene coming to explain Min's visions + infallibility. Also EP7 is apparently the one that diverges most from the books.

Also he has counterpoints to some random speculation in thread:

- Liandrin is not a composite character in the show
- Saidin/Saidar are still in, and still split into male/female. This will be explained as it becomes relevant (and apparently the look of the magic may change?)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

He also pretty much confirmed the death of Origins too.

I’m guessing amazon shitcanned it as a cost saving measure.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Anias posted:

Offscreen

I think my biggest complaint about the show is that there is a shedload of interesting learning and mentoring in the books entirely loving absent in favor sitting in bathtubs/chaises/carriages/corners/on-the-floor and looking just over the camera into the middle distance.

Screencap/name your favorite shot with the actor moodily emoting for 8 to 10 seconds, because every single actor seems to have been given the same direction.

Don't forget saucy horny Aes sedai chat. Tho I did laugh at how in your face about it the actress who plays Alana was with Egwene.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I like pretty much all of the things mentioned, I'm not really sure what's wrong with em.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

silvergoose posted:

I like pretty much all of the things mentioned, I'm not really sure what's wrong with em.

Same, give us more old women being horny. Fantasy Golden Girls.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh that was some Twin Peaks rear end poo poo, what the gently caress.

Please work with Noah Hawley. I love all the weird mental stuff in this show, I'm hoping beyond hope for a great Ishy / Rand battle above Falme

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Horny Aes Sedai are the best part of the show

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Barreft posted:

Please work with Noah Hawley. I love all the weird mental stuff in this show, I'm hoping beyond hope for a great Ishy / Rand battle above Falme

Rarity posted:

The Horny Aes Sedai are the best part of the show

Combine these two and have each sword form be an extravagantly gay pose

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Of all the weirdest ways they could do the sky fight, the one that I think I would like the most is if they are just versions of themselves. We're talking forms that are 200 miles high, their heads in LEO. Visible from all of Randland. But just them, standing there. The jarring juxtoposition between the sight being so normal and mind bendingly wrong would work real well instead of weird high concept stuff

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 28, 2023

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Well, 2 weeks and we’ll know

Then it’ll be two years to season 3 :ohdear:

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

CainFortea posted:

Of all the weirdest ways they could do the sky fight, the one that I think I would like the most is if they are just versions of themselves. We're talking forms that are 200 miles high, their heads in LEO. Visible from all of Randland. But just them, standing there. The jarring juxtoposition between the sight being so normal and mind bendingly wrong would work real well instead of weird high concept stuff

I’m excited for the fight because it’s one of the few things in the book I couldn’t imagine in my head. I just can’t picture what people are seeing when RJ says they “fought in the sky”.

The other thing that I wasn’t able to fully get was the idea of the Seanchan Voices so I enjoyed watching Lady Suroth’s and Turak’s going back and forth.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the seanchan accents sound like british people speaking american. people have referred to it as southern but i'm not seeing it at all

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
One thing I really wish the show would do is open and close each season with the opening/closing quotes from the books because they're some of my favorite poo poo, like

The Karaethon Cycle posted:

And it shall come to pass that what men made shall be shattered, and the Shadow shall lie across the Pattern of the Age, and the Dark One shall once more lay his hand upon the world of man. Women shall weep and men quail as the nations of the earth are rent like rotting cloth. Neither shall anything stand nor abide . . .
Yet one shall be born to face the Shadow, born once more as he was born before and shall be born again, time without end. The Dragon shall be Reborn, and there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth at his rebirth. In sackcloth and ashes shall he clothe the people, and he shall break the world again by his coming, tearing apart all ties that bind. Like the unfettered dawn shall he blind us, and burn us, yet shall the Dragon Reborn confront the Shadow at the Last Battle, and his blood shall give us the Light. Let tears flow, O ye people of the world. Weep for your salvation.

is dope af and reads like a gospel to me but i guess there's no good way to do it in live action. Books continue to be the superior form of entertainment, sorry tv and video games

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Combine these two and have each sword form be an extravagantly gay pose

I'm listening

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I kind of miss the dope intro animation they had for season one with all the weaving and tapestry motifs

Also I hope I get to see insolent Rand tomorrow, though who knows when Lan would have had the chance to teach it to him

https://twitter.com/rafejudkins/status/1707084459995017657?s=20

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

DarkHorse posted:

I kind of miss the dope intro animation they had for season one with all the weaving and tapestry motifs

Cut for time, apparently, so that they could justify longer episodes.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

One thing I really wish the show would do is open and close each season with the opening/closing quotes from the books because they're some of my favorite poo poo, like

is dope af and reads like a gospel to me but i guess there's no good way to do it in live action. Books continue to be the superior form of entertainment, sorry tv and video games

I mean, there's no reason they couldn't have it show up on the screen in fancy gold writing or something. I mean, Star Wars, Master and Commander, there's a bunch of shows or movies that had writing at the beginning that was pretty cool.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

DarkHorse posted:

Also I hope I get to see insolent Rand tomorrow, though who knows when Lan would have had the chance to teach it to him

I just assume that Lan is going to notice that Rand has been learning the sword, finds out he knows about cat crosses the courtyard, and makes reference to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

silvergoose posted:

Cut for time, apparently, so that they could justify longer episodes.

...do they not know how streaming works?