Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tampa Bae posted:

My fault, I really just tune fanservice out of media so I don't remember what you're talking about

Gets sad about the Devil Fruit someone has, and now he can't do the thing he wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You eventually learn to accept the good with the bad with the things you like. Just like I’m going to accept the upcoming digimon post

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Infinitum posted:

Gets sad about the Devil Fruit someone has, and now he can't do the thing he wants
OH, yeah, that is really stupid. Oda is a great writer, maybe the best manga author of all time but when he writes fan-service things they're the absolute worst kind.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
People get more mad about TB where he talks about peeping than Wano where he actually peeps (in the coed bath at least). Admittedly the wano incident was funny.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

No Wave posted:

People get more mad about TB where he talks about peeping than Wano where he actually peeps (in the coed bath at least). Admittedly the wano incident was funny.

he was punished for the wano incident which i think is why people let it slide more but it was still gross as gently caress

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

No Wave posted:

the wano one is the punchline to the thriller bark setup which i think makes it good retroactively

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Honestly TB and The Island is where it gets really bad.

The whole Nosebleed poo poo afterwards is really overplayed, but then again nothing about that arc is really top tier One Piece.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
honestly the earliest stretch of the New World is easily the worst part of the entire series

not that its bad. its just the least good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:yeah: it's good, but it's not HOLY poo poo WE'RE BACK

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

anime was right posted:

honestly the earliest stretch of the New World is easily the worst part of the entire series

not that its bad. its just the least good.

Coming to it after the emotional high of Marinseford, combined with being possibly irrationally irritated at some of the timeskip designs, means I took a break from the series but that's fine. I came back.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I’m sorry but

THAT is how Sogeking comes into play?

Did Oda seriously base Water 7 on Venice and carry over the mask thing from real life JUST to provide Usopp with the necessary material for a paper thin disguise?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of the manga, this is a break week right?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I feel like post time skip One Piece is just missing the charm of early one piece and also the point where it went from a kind of whimsical pirate adventure into lore dumps, long plodding fights, and less focus on the crew and more about the world. Though it's coming back around again post wano for me for the first time

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

I’m sorry but

Did Oda seriously base Water 7 on Venice and carry over the mask thing from real life JUST to provide Usopp with the necessary material for a paper thin disguise?

I don't know what you're talking about, Sogeking traveled from Sniper Island to help his best friend Usopp.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

Also cause you're reading the manga, have one of the best animated gags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhXNmMLdivk

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Yeah my friend shared that with me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*sigh* Live Action Sogeking would have to be Season 3 or 4 of the series right?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Infinitum posted:

Sonny Strait does a good version too.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

kdrudy posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, Sogeking traveled from Sniper Island to help his best friend Usopp.

He’s Usopp, dog

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Prove it

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Nodosaur posted:

Anyway I know not everyone here’s into Digimon but also I was wondering if anyone would be interested in my thoughts about what Digimon partners would be best befitting each member of the Straw Hats

Yes, god yes

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Bisse fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 28, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

He’s Usopp, dog

Usopp left the crew mate, he's back at Water 7

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

This Wanze character makes me want to walk into the ocean

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Nodosaur posted:

He’s Usopp, dog

Spoiler alert it’s Sogeking actually

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nodosaur posted:

This Wanze character makes me want to walk into the ocean

Perhaps there is another shonen battle mango out there for you to enjoy. You do not seem happy with this one.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

Perhaps there is another shonen battle mango out there for you to enjoy. You do not seem happy with this one.

I'm enjoying it, though? I don't even dislike this CHARACTER.

He just has this manic energy that makes him weird for even this manga. The "walk into the ocean" bit is something I say when something is patently bizarre to me.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Dawgstar posted:

If you haven't read the digimon thread you'll learn that Nodo is just going to post through it, and then when they're caught up talk about the trading card game

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

is the one piece trading card game any good?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oda basically turns that side of him up to 11.

If he's not doing the womanising poo poo, he's really good at being the behind the scenes MVP. He also gets a ton of good fights.

Honestly just enjoy the poo poo outta Enies Lobby, it's consistently in everyone's Top 3 arcs for a reason

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tampa Bae posted:

If you haven't read the digimon thread you'll learn that Nodo is just going to post through it, and then when they're caught up talk about the trading card game

lmao welp

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

dang we could talk about the one piece card game, their mana/energy/lands are DON!!-cards, that's fun

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

is the one piece trading card game any good?

There's a tutorial app that you can try it with

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I legitimately have no idea where y’all are getting that I dislike this series. The only thing I’ve been hard on is Sanji and the use of the fat ugly woman trope. I thought the Shandians needed another look and mildly criticized the pacing of Skypiea. I wouldn’t have come this far if I disliked all this.

Also I barely discuss the trading card game in the Digimon thread. That’s everyone else over there.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah but most of us also talk about stuff we do like about OP so you're a bit of an outlier in tone

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Nodosaur posted:

Also I barely discuss the trading card game in the Digimon thread. That’s everyone else over there.
Oh, then I'm sorry, I just remember checking the Digimon thread a lot and even when there was a new episode out it would be four posts, then 20 posts about the TCG and I remember seeing your avatar a bunch, that's my fault the whole thread started to become white noise

But in my error, I think I've riled people up into talking about the One Piece TCG so ask them to come over here too, it's a break week anyway and we already had a day about nudists and a day about potheads so why not have a day learning about the One Piece TCG

quote:

I legitimately have no idea where y’all are getting that I dislike this series. The only thing I’ve been hard on is Sanji and the use of the fat ugly woman trope. I thought the Shandians needed another look and mildly criticized the pacing of Skypiea. I wouldn’t have come this far if I disliked all this.
Most people are not disagreeing with you, it's just not typical that people focus on the negative aspects of the manga, other than Sanji

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think you're assuming things about me based on how you interpret what I say.

Like one of the last posts I made was just me being legit surprised by the realization of Water-7's motif being chosen just to set up Sogeking. I wasn't actually mad about it. I'm more impressed than anything.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Sanji rules because he's just Johnny Bravo with some more life skills but Leg Day Only.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Johnny Bravo respects women more than Sanji.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Austin Powers respects women more than Sanji

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sanji’s cool mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Replace Sanji with live action Sanji

Just halftone some photos in

E: https://twitter.com/Krazzberries/status/1707501520596681186?t=hglFvD2PKhIJnluV1tp8_Q&s=19

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 28, 2023