Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
my work computer just had a popup reminding me that I could buy video game controllers from ms. thanks satya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

when did they change azure active directory to microsoft entra id? :argh:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
like two months ago

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i haven't needed to touch active directory since april, so i guess this is my fault

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
for needing to touch ad at all, yeah

they also really arbitrarily renamed all the sub menus and moved just about everything into almost entirely nonsensical new categories, so enjoy that too, i guess

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i need a comically oversized mallet that i can write "unskippable popups, toasts, and tool tips do not solve the problem of reorganizing the interface every three weeks" on before stalking through redmond, mercilessly beating product managers with it

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
ok but they do solve the problem of getting product managers a throbbing, glistening, veiny bonus though

so who is to say if it's bad or not

do you have any idea how expensive private school tuition is in seattle?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

thankfully, no

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

my work computer just had a popup reminding me that I could buy video game controllers from ms. thanks satya

I've had the Windows notification advertisement for Starfield at least twice now on the same machine.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

This is a pro workstation copy of windows 11 that’s connected to a domain?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
10, for what it’s worth :shrug:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i was gonna say lmao at caring about windows versions but i realized that i dont know what version of macos im using either

sure i could look it up but does it matter? :smuggggg

mystes
May 31, 2006

they randomly changed the UI a lot for 11 so it is a lot more noticeable than os x versions probably are

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

i was gonna say lmao at caring about windows versions but i realized that i dont know what version of macos im using either

sure i could look it up but does it matter? :smuggggg

do you know which forum your posting in? how can you know if an os is a pos if you dont even know what os you're using

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Last Chance posted:

do you know which forum your posting in? how can you know if an os is a pos if you dont even know what os you're using

the trick is that they’re all pieces of poo poo

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

fair

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Armitag3 posted:

the trick is that they’re all pieces of poo poo
its right there in the forum title!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol clicked on the O365 Menü on the edge home page and the url is like "ntp-Waffle-Office"

Ultrapotassium
Feb 13, 2022

dioxazine posted:

One of the only sane rebrandings ever done. AAD vs AD was confusing as all hell

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

dioxazine posted:

i still just call it azure ad because ffs

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Ultrapotassium posted:

One of the only sane rebrandings ever done. AAD vs AD was confusing as all hell

yes they are confusing but the new name is big poops

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Microsoft Entrails is pretty inoffensive as far as microsoft rebrandings go

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

r u ready to WALK posted:

Microsoft Entrails

:goatsecx:

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
love too see my work mac's Teams application randomly disappear sometimes or turn into an unresponsive blank white window

just an absolutely phenomenal piece of software

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the best way to use teams is to not

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Sapozhnik posted:

love too see my work mac's Teams application randomly disappear sometimes or turn into an unresponsive blank white window

oh you clicked join meeting from the outlook notification but teams wasn't open

so what you wanted was for teams to violently flash between a white window and another darker window with a corporate memphis hipster shrugging his bearded axe-throwing shoulders about a fucky wucky with your login, right?

right?

oh we're gonna keep doing this too, forever

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sapozhnik posted:

happens all the time, it's great

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sapozhnik posted:

thats the power of javascript

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
just installed win 11 :rip:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

owned

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

well, you're in the right forum

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

happens all the time, it's great

speak of

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Shaggar posted:

thats the power of javascript

i use multiple electron apps every day that don't do that. use way too much memory? yes. but whitescreen randomly? nope. teams is just something special

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

dioxazine posted:

well, you're in the right forum

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

well-read undead posted:

i use multiple electron apps every day that don't do that. use way too much memory? yes. but whitescreen randomly? nope. teams is just something special

discord freezes on a blank screen probably 2 or 3 times a week

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009

well-read undead posted:

teams is just something special

it crashed on me every time i tried to screen share in a demo meeting because i had the temerity to be connected to a wireless display at the same time

gently caress teams forever and always

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
but also osx and other linuxes are bad oses for running applications so its gonna run worse there than on windows

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Shaggar posted:

but also osx and other linuxes are bad oses for running applications so its gonna run worse there than on windows

it's just not the same when you aren't pretending to use win phone

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if they still made winphone i'd still be using it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
my computer suddenly started running like crap out of nowhere.

turns out word silently updated itself in the background to install this AI horseshit they're slinging. it also opened 150 new documents, each one of which had an undismissable bugged out "accept our ai terms of use" dialog attached.

i couldn't find it at first because word also moved itself to an alternate desktop workspace or whatever, even though i literally never use that feature.

there is no "get hosed" big enough.