Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I will say that this was a fun but ultimately disappointing chapter. Uraume dropping with a giant block of ice to deliver Yaorozu's gift was a ton of fun, but I can't bring myself to care about these developments overall also uh, I thought not being able to build cursed tool was the one big limitation of Yaorozu's Construction technique, but I guess she just got past that with a Binding Vow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Man, all that just to make Sukuna use one of his elixirs…

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Big dud.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
well I expected Kashimo

turning into an energy being for as long as he had CE to fuel the technique, it was the most coherent thing.

Oh well. On the other hand, Hakari manages to be the best character even when he's in a single panel.
"Can't blame ya."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It better end next chapter cause I remain uncaring about old man sparky

Go away

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's the dumb shonen bit of "what does it mean to be strong???" but being asked by dudes I've followed for five minutes and I have zero sympathy for. It ain't gonna land for me.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Hakari owns

sukuna about to teach kashimo a lesson on impermanence

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I think Kashimo’s technique is really cool and character is kind of whatever. I do like seeing “anything vaguely related to electromagnetism is improved which is almost everything” being his technique instead of a lightning storm. He won’t beat sukuna and will likely kill himself, unless we got some hidden RCT up his sleeve.

Low chance sukuna just leaves, but that would be extremely funny. A “I can win by letting you kill yourself bye” is an on brand troll move

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I am glad Satoru Gojo got his rear end kicked and admitted it. No take-backsies. Get hosed, beatnik Goku.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I will say that this was a fun but ultimately disappointing chapter. Uraume dropping with a giant block of ice to deliver Yaorozu's gift was a ton of fun, but I can't bring myself to care about these developments overall also uh, I thought not being able to build cursed tool was the one big limitation of Yaorozu's Construction technique, but I guess she just got past that with a Binding Vow.

It’s the same technique as Mai’s, she was just better at it. So it makes sense the gift she gave on her death bed was a weapon

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bread Set Jettison posted:

It’s the same technique as Mai’s, she was just better at it. So it makes sense the gift she gave on her death bed was a weapon

She also had much more Cursed Energy than Mai (stated to be top of the line with the other best Hien Sorcerers) and she was still disadvantaged until she figured everything out with the technique cause of how bad it’s cursed energy consumption was.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So, Itadori is going to end up eating Sukuna's finger and other Sukuna will gives us a weak point or something to exploit right?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I dunno, the manga presented them as separate variants on the same concept, so I certainly didn't treat them as exactly the same technique in the same way that Naobito and his son had the same technique.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I dunno, the manga presented them as separate variants on the same concept, so I certainly didn't treat them as exactly the same technique in the same way that Naobito and his son had the same technique.

Pretty sure they were called out as being the exact same technique. Yaorozu was able to make a Cursed Tool as her last action cause a Binding Vow of Death is the strongest one you can make. (It's why Mei Mei's Bird attack is strong)

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
re: latest chapter it’s funny how little of a poo poo Uraume gives about Hakari but his domain expansion basically force feeds you poo poo ton of useless information with no option of opting out. I cant think of anything that would piss Uraume off more then that. Cursed with the knowledge of esoteric anime and the rules of pachinko forever

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Hakari is so cool, can't wait. I went back and re-read from post-Shibuya to Megumi's possession and almost all the fights are hype as hell and have interesting outcomes. It's weird to say but maybe just a more standard tournament arc with a simpler goal would have worked better for this whole thing.

yum posted:

Cursed with the knowledge of esoteric anime and the rules of pachinko forever
I really hope we get a full fight and no off-screen jobbing because I need to see this.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Hakkari better win, man

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

RC Cola posted:

So, Itadori is going to end up eating Sukuna's finger and other Sukuna will gives us a weak point or something to exploit right?

Yeah and they'll do this by Nobara returning and nailing sukunas spirit inside megumis body through the portion inside Yuji.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Maybe there can't be two Sukunas so Yuji just straight absorbs its power/CT.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Conspiratiorist posted:

Maybe there can't be two Sukunas so Yuji just straight absorbs its power/CT.

Databook states there can only be one active incarnation at a time.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

MonsterEnvy posted:

Databook states there can only be one active incarnation at a time.

sure but this whole series is about finding loopholes. so Sukuna transforming might be just that

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

RC Cola posted:

Maybe with whatever new spirit tech he has he can just yank sukuna out of megumi back into his body.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018996

official release

holy poo poo this translation is garbage

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Sukuna stays winning

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

yum posted:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018996

official release

holy poo poo this translation is garbage

"Can't blame ya" alone is a million times better than what the official translation came up with

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

"Can't blame ya" alone is a million times better than what the official translation came up with

Also the curse tool name, like come on

Literal translations are odd, and just worse

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Unless Gege is just lying, it really feels like Sukuna needed the 10S to beat Gojo. Without the adaptation, he wouldn’t have made it past limitless. The narrator even said Sukuna was nervous!

Plus the foreshadowed conversation with megumi about the historical duel between the Zenin and Gojo clans.

Gojo was also aware of the transformation and tried to goad sukuna into transforming early. He knew that the 10S were always the key to his defeat.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Without 10 Shadows, Sukuna’s strategy would’ve likely revolved around beating Gojo through domain expansion shenanigans. Gojo was wondering why Sukuna didn’t alter his strategy since he had the advantage within the domain. It was obvious that Sukuna was more skilled and knowledgeable in this aspect and he also still has a lot of hidden cards up his sleeve.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Can hakari use his domains overpoweredness to just go straight into a sukuna fight invincible because that would be the best ending

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Jose posted:

Can hakari use his domains overpoweredness to just go straight into a sukuna fight invincible because that would be the best ending

That is what I am also predicting. Hakari wins his fight and gets a powerup through his domain, and thus he can fight Sukuna on equal footing for 4 minutes 11 seconds. Or it can end badly for Hakari, as Uraume demonstrates immense luck and skill.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
How many times will Hakari get bisected Gojo-style until Sukuna gets bored and goes for the head

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I want Sukuna to deal with pachinko bullshit.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Mindblast posted:

gonna make some insane disgusted faces as he's forced to learn the rules for the rest of his very long/short life

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Mindblast posted:

i want hakari to participate in every battle just to see everyone's reaction to bring force fed the rules

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Uraume is a bad match up for Hakari as the Ice can restrain him.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hope this ends with Kashimo prolonging their life by throwing themselves into a CRT monitor before their cursed technique concludes

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
too bad Kashimo's stip was a 1v1 fight, they could've formed a tag team instead to take on Sukuna and Uraume

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ice cannot restrain the FEVER

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Knowing how Gege thinks, Uraume is likely not very good 1v1, and might struggle against direct pressure. There’s also a chance Uraume is going to annihilate Hakari because she’s stronger when she doesn’t have to avoid hitting sukuna. Would be pretty funny for her to freeze Hakari as he hits his jackpot. I hope we catch a glimpse of it next chapter and it’s not off screen.

Is Uraume an incarnated sorcerer? Is she just old? We don’t really know her deal huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Hell, we don't even know if they're a he or a she :v:

(or anything in between or outside that binary)