Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
do you think any part of miyazaki almost always using an airship and not a watership has anything to do with him not wanting to draw water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think he just likes planes.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
(thinking very hard) on the other hand porco rosso is all seaplanes. theres truly no shortcuts in life

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

homeless snail posted:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

:hmmyes:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
for a tank guy he really doesnt show that many tanks. i think only nausicaa and laputa? i hope how do you live has tanks for some reason

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the frieren survival game does peak with Denken's FIST FIIIIIIIIGHT though

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

for a tank guy he really doesnt show that many tanks. i think only nausicaa and laputa? i hope how do you live has tanks for some reason

i will show up at the first showing available if the heron drives a tank

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I haaaaate yard work...it's damaging my beautiful hands

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Patware posted:

the frieren survival game does peak with Denken's FIST FIIIIIIIIGHT though
maybe idk, I like the first bad arc more than the second one which I thought was mostly boring, but its extremely, not the kind of thing you expect to see reading the first volume of it lmao

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's a series that has the energy of getting greenlit based off a oneshot it turns out you weren't well-prepared to follow through on.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

haypliss posted:

Best of luck to the Frieren anime as they rehabilitate the Chunin Exam arc.

Oh yea, that was a thing

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Southern Cassowary posted:

mygo rules. they took girls starting a band and used it a a vehicle for well-written and directed character drama.
As much money as Bushiroad has from its trading card empire, I should hope they have enough to hire competent creative talent.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
how come miyazaki never resolves big interpersonal conflicts by having one girl balance a juicebox on another girls head

https://i.imgur.com/yLRqkJF.mp4

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Big Leg posted:

how come miyazaki never resolves big interpersonal conflicts by having one girl balance a juicebox on another girls head

he is too busy contemplating the noble aeroplane. and can you blame him

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Big Leg posted:

he's too busy balancing a propeller on a plane's nose.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Big Leg posted:

cause he doesnt see women as people

marumaru
May 20, 2013

that animation is bad

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Endorph posted:

cause he doesnt see fictional characters as people

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

haypliss posted:

It's a series that has the energy of getting greenlit based off a oneshot it turns out you weren't well-prepared to follow through on.

yeah my only impression of frieren is glancing at the thread a while back and seeing people dropping off once it got out of the intro

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marumaru posted:

that animation is bad
:wrong:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Man I wish I were an anime girl

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

marumaru posted:

that animation is bad

i think there's some charm to the awkwardness in that specific scene. mygo pretty much always has strong framing and shot composition even though it doesn't have a bunch of explosions where cubes pop out

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i do not love 3dcg if i am to be truthful. thats pretty good 3dcg but it still feels off

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ohtori Akio posted:

he is too busy contemplating the noble aeroplane. and can you blame him

i was on a plane last weekend and a person in the seat ahead of me tried to fight someone because she thought they were taking too long to deboard. not sure i see the appeal

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Big Leg posted:

i was on a plane last weekend and a person in the seat ahead of me tried to fight someone because she thought they were taking too long to deboard. not sure i see the appeal

fistfights aboard the noble aeroplane are very miyazaki. and he's real for this

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Big Leg posted:

should've filmed it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I want off the loving airplane don't stop in the aisle if you don't want your rear end kicked

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

homeless snail posted:

I want off the loving airplane don't stop in the aisle if you don't want your rear end kicked

i'll take as long as i need to ensure all of my magic: the gathering cards are still safe. taste my blade

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

i'm the juice box

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i have very rarely ever needed to make a tight connection so i just chill in my seat while the freaks who don't love aeroplanes run away from the cool bus with wings

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ohtori Akio posted:

i do not love 3dcg if i am to be truthful. thats pretty good 3dcg but it still feels off

i was a doubter at first but mygo has everything i look for in an anime (inverted shots of the characters during emotional conflict and reflections of powerlines with cicadas buzzing in the background)

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

haypliss posted:

there's a really easy emotional thing that can be done down the line with the premise, but ever since the manga became a sales juggernaut, i don't really have a bead on the timeline for where that down the line could happen

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Big Leg posted:

i was a doubter at first but mygo has everything i look for in an anime (inverted shots of the characters during emotional conflict and reflections of powerlines with cicadas buzzing in the background)

i cannot dispute this doctrine

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

i have very rarely ever needed to make a tight connection so i just chill in my seat while the freaks who don't love aeroplanes run away from the cool bus with wings

this. flying ftw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

i think mygo uses 3dcg really well in some scenes, like the pre-concert scene thats just entirely in the waiting room where it does a bunch of different fly on the wall camera angles without ever leaving the room, and characters come in and out of the room as the scene goes on. you feel really trapped in that space in a way that makes you anxious which mirrors how the characters are feeling. you could do that in 2d but itd require a lot more work to do some of those angles

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Endorph posted:

i think mygo uses 3dcg really well in some scenes, like the pre-concert scene thats just entirely in the waiting room where it does a bunch of different fly on the wall camera angles without ever leaving the room, and characters come in and out of the room as the scene goes on. you feel really trapped in that space in a way that makes you anxious which mirrors how the characters are feeling. you could do that in 2d but itd require a lot more work to do some of those angles

that sounds like very good use of it and im sympathetic to television budgets. ill probably adapt in time but i cannot escape the feeling of watching a video game cut scene yet

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
laputa's soundtrack is kind of mids at times. disappointed to realize this, about a film i love. the final sequence of the escape from the castle sticks out as having a very phoned in soundtrack specifically

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

that sounds like very good use of it and im sympathetic to television budgets. ill probably adapt in time but i cannot escape the feeling of watching a video game cut scene yet

i think it's to the show's benefit for an ep that's completely first person but loling at the idea of opening the ep up and wondering why it's suddenly a first person adventure game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNyJ9WIYAB0