Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

verbal enema posted:

I'm gonna go get a sammich

returning to mr hero...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Megamissen posted:

returning to mr hero...

I mean mr hero is good af but pricey as hell

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

Yesterday until my lunch at 8 pm at work all I had eaten were 4 pastries and drank 5 cups of coffee. And yknow what, I felt great
pastries are a pre workout option

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ohtori Akio posted:

donuts are badass. a bakery around here does a malasada (basically a donut) filled with ube creme. its epic

They used to sell those at a bakery near me but the closed down during covid.

It wasnt a total loss though because an Indian bakery opened up there earlier this year and now I have an unlimited supply of rasgulla, gulab jamun and kaju katli. Bad for my weight, great for my soul.

e: the first two are milk based doughnuts basically, kaju katli is fudge made from cashews and ghee and unbelievably tasty.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 30, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sleng Teng posted:

Those are also good. in fact, most breakfast ftw.

My dad and step mum are up for the football Grand final and I'm waiting at my sister's house to have breakfast with em, playing with my baby nephew and the dog, right now I am hungy 4 brekky

Agnes is a good girl

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
No

Not doing this again

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 30, 2023

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Well. I learned you only get 100 chapters a day for a manga in the Shonen Jump app.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Time to go outside, nerd

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
It’s raining. I also just got back in from walking the dog.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ATE PIZZA STIFF BODY

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Meowywitch posted:

ATE PIZZA STIFF BODY

this is what i say before people fight me in the battle frontier

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Meowywitch posted:

ATE PIZZA STIFF BODY

big mood

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

oatmeal raisin cookies are good because i can pretend its healthy

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

HAPPY loving OCTORBE

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

October 8th is my birthday and I wanna do an evangelion rewatch. I'll make a thread for it tomorrow. Be there or be square

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*every character every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, and movie comes in for a HUGE evangelion rewatch party*

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Local theater is playing Thrice Upon A Time in October, too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

maybe i'll finally watch eva

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Sheetz dawgs and curly fries

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

i love the corn dogs nuggets

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
It is amazing how, even years out and divorced from the context of the game, Weight of the World the End of YoRHa is still just a cheat code to force me to cry. How do you even make music that good?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
God that game rules

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

verbal enema posted:

God that game rules

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Red Minjo posted:

It is amazing how, even years out and divorced from the context of the game, Weight of the World the End of YoRHa is still just a cheat code to force me to cry. How do you even make music that good?

I got tickets to the nier concert next year and I'm so loving excited

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
vshojo is the safety net for retired vtubers I like apparently, first kson, then henya, now kuro lol

verbal enema posted:

Went to an AA meeting tonight. Walked out the bar and made a joke I was going to follow this random man to where he was going. I asked and he said AA and I was like "ya know what I'm going to"

Ran home grabbed my Big Book and hustled in. When they asked if anyone was new or returning I stood up and introduced myself. It was a discussion meeting and everyone apparently could hear my "desperation hopelessness and pain" so a lot of people spent time talking to me directly.

They gave me an extra BB that everyone wrote their names and numbers in for me to call. There has to be like 45 phone numbers in here.

Supposed to go to a double meeting at 8am tomorrow with a man named Scribe. I asked him yes that is his real first name.

Thing is. The really really lovely thing is. I'm still not sure I've hit rock bottom but do I really want to see it? Or experience it? Or when it comes down to it live it?

I dont know. I really dont.

Hey good on ya VE, proud of you. You definitely absolutely 100% do not want to hit rock bottom I am telling you dude. From multiple experiences not my own but people I know(or have known, past tense, because they are loving dead because of it), you super super don't.

The only thing I will say from talking to my friends who have gone to AA, is that it can be extremely helpful, but be careful of anyone there trying to sign you up for stuff. Other programs, seminars, and especially church(that's the big one apparently, all of the people I know who have gone to AA told me while they were there someone tried to get them to start going to church), keep an eye out for people trying to hook you in on stuff.

But yeah someone very close to me nearly drank himself into an early grave when he was only in his early 20s and he's spent the rest of his life fighting off the urge to go back to the bottle, he relapsed once but has been clean for over ten years now. It takes monumental effort but you can do it. Don't be like a different person I know who did not make it out, (cw)whose corpse was found in their bathtub a week later because they had drank so much(both booze and non-booze) that they literally killed their liver, thought they were coming down with a cold, so they took a bath but the "sickness" they felt was their body shutting down and they died in there

Please do what you can to fight against it. My family has a history of alcoholism and I don't want you to face the same fate as some of my family tree.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Apparently some new tax laws went into effect in Japan that are going to make freelancers and small entertainment companies have a much harder time operating.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Sounds bad.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

75% of the year down

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Un4v5s8bgsVk9Xp/status/1708518238878068943?t=E6MgWYSaHBGJisKNJ2M-1w&s=19

Togashi back at it

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

if togashi keeps putting out 8 chapters a year i can live with it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

are the changes to tax laws in japan re:contractors going to have a negative effect on anime?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

RuBisCO posted:

I got tickets to the nier concert next year and I'm so loving excited

The closest one is in Atlanta at the end of March and that's just too far out of range to be worth it. :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

are the changes to tax laws in japan re:contractors going to have a negative effect on anime?

It's kinda hard to tell at this point what's actually going to happen and what's just Internet Fearmongering

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

they better not come for houshou marine

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i'm pretty sure she's formally employed by cover

source: idk vibes

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently some new tax laws went into effect in Japan that are going to make freelancers and small entertainment companies have a much harder time operating.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

most anime is made by big enough companies that it won't affect the production themselves. more likely to be affected are smalltime mangaka, independent vtubers, beginner VAs, and independent singers/musicians. you'll likely see smaller manga magazines close or get absorbed into larger companies in the coming years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

specifically freelancers used to be tax-exempt. this is no longer the case. this will be especially bad for manga assistants, who were making the least money of anyone. the invoices required to file taxes for freelancers now also require you to use your real name, and the invoices will be accessible on a public database. many independent mangaka, especially ones who touch on controversial topics, use pen names and operate anonymously.

larger companies can increase their salaries to cover for this, though this will likely make them even more risk averse.