Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fungah! posted:

duel. sick movie, doesnt feel like spielberg at all. favorite scene is when he finally decides to showdown with the truck and buckles his seatbelt like a samurai goin into battle lol

It's crazy that duel was a tv movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
princess mononoke

still one of my all time favorite ghibli movies

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Just saw Stop Making Sense in theaters. That was really cool, David Byrne is cool.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

Just saw Stop Making Sense in theaters. That was really cool, David Byrne is cool.

i'm doin that tomorrow lol, max hype

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's really good, Me n the wife went to the imax version that had a livestreamed Q&A afterwards which took like an hour for them to set up after the film. David Byrne proceeded to sit like 3 feet away from the rest of the band and said like 2 sentences the entire time.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

It's really good, Me n the wife went to the imax version that had a livestreamed Q&A afterwards which took like an hour for them to set up after the film. David Byrne proceeded to sit like 3 feet away from the rest of the band and said like 2 sentences the entire time.

Good lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Leadthumb posted:

Talking Heads ftmfw

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Leadthumb posted:

im taking my kids to go see it today :dukedoge:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day posted:

im taking my kids to go see it today :dukedoge:

Trip report: was awesome to see with kids. David Byrne’s wide array of silly faces and outfits had my 2d grader and kindergartener going nuts.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

buffalo all day posted:

Trip report: was awesome to see with kids. David Byrne’s wide array of silly faces and outfits had my 2d grader and kindergartener going nuts.

Lol cute

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

buffalo all day posted:

david byrne is for the children

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Castlevania Nocturne. Really fun so far. This one stars Richter and I hope they do another series after this starring Soma.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

just finished Baccano! tonight and it was slick as hell. same guy behind Durarara!! and while i think i like it slightly better, Baccano! was still very good once i managed to start connecting the plot threads and character relationships & motives. watched dubbed which really nailed down the tone of the early 30s American mobster era and even if there were like 200 characters the standout ones were riveting af (Isaac & Miria, Claire, Nice & Jacuzzi, Ladd, Ennis). i guess there's a few more eps afterwards that didn't air and instead were direct-to-DVD but apparently they're not very good so think i'm gonna skip em

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm on a ghibli kick and rewatched nausicaa of the valley of the wind

another amazing film and i love it so much.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mekchu posted:

watched that for the first time last week and it's really drat good

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Mekchu posted:

That was one of the movies I grew up on. I can't believe they cut out her secret garden and the baby ohmu flashback in the first US release, just to save like maybe 5 minutes smdh

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Marathon man. This movie is incredibly shot for its time. Hoffman really goes nuts in this one

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Alligator (1980)

Really fun, goofy rear end movie about a girls alligator being flushed down the toilet then living in the sewers beneath town to become huge and get its revenge on the town 12 years later

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Marathon man. This movie is incredibly shot for its time. Hoffman really goes nuts in this one

That movie is hype

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

10 Cloverfield Lane. Not too bad.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

stop making sense. kickass movie, david byrne ftw

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

herculon posted:

A perfect John Goodman role

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

watched the premiere of Frieren, absolute power move to release the first four eps at once but i think it worked out well to really set the contemplative and somber tone of it. used to fantasy anime either bein trash comedy isekai or along Berserk lines so this was a breath of fresh air to view Frieren's journey to learn more about the people around her in their fleeting lives compared to her longevity. feels really bittersweet in a good way, plus flashes of some pretty backdrop art and animation. apparently the manga swerves back to being kinda generic later on but i'm hopin the anime doesn't reach that point by the time it ends. also watched the first eps of a couple other seasonal premieres, Shy (pretty good) and Firefighter Daigo (deec). waitin for Apothecary Diaries and Pluto at the end of the month too. eatin good this season

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

herculon posted:

awesome film provided you stop it before the absolutely moronic ending

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Blow Out

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

trying to jack off posted:

Yeah I didn’t mind the aliens, but taking down a ship with a Molotov cocktail was pretty stupid. I thought the movie could’ve been better if it just kept it a mystery.

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

herculon posted:

Yeah I didn’t mind the aliens, but taking down a ship with a Molotov cocktail was pretty stupid. I thought the movie could’ve been better if it just kept it a mystery.

It's an allegory for the experience of women in postwar Hungary

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

budd dwyer thought posted:

It's an allegory for the experience of women in postwar Hungary

shut up

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
saw Stop Making Sense in theaters

10/10

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Blockbuster should have flags

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

saw Stop Making Sense in theaters

10/10

watched it last night too, its so sick. the part where david byrne just does laps of th stage in the middle of life during wartime

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

Movie really was centered on Goodman, the second he dies the quality drops massively.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i mean the most obvious way to end the movie is have her escape, soon as she's out she takes off the gas mask and has a shocked look on her face. if they really wanted to have the aliens just show them loving poo poo up but keep john goodman alive and the possibility of her returning to the bunker before the hard cut. i get they wanted to avoid the obvious that but sometimes thats just the best way to end a movie?

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

More movies should end in the middle of a scene like No Country for Old Men imo

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Yeah the movie really should’ve kept what’s going on outside a secret

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

christine. john carpenter does it again folks

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Poltergeist (1982) is a 2 hour Goosebumps episode with terrible pacing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

never cared for poltergeist and the only people i knew that claimed it was the scariest movie they ever saw always wound up being mormon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Poltergeist (1982) is a 2 hour Goosebumps episode with terrible pacing

it sucks with two good scenes. spielberg cant do horror to save his fuckin life