Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

John Gaius was in the universe's second messiest polycule for ten thousand years, it'd be surprising if he didn't have a supremely disastrous slut era after that broke up via him murdering the people he was in it with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

PupsOfWar posted:

John Gaius was in the universe's second messiest polycule for ten thousand years, it'd be surprising if he didn't have a supremely disastrous slut era after that broke up via him murdering the people he was in it with

He's definitively the worst human to ever live, but that was actual self defence

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Tamsyn is in the newest episode of This American Life. Scroll down to Act 3

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/811/the-one-place-i-cant-go

It's a short segment but it's neat to hear from her :)

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 2, 2023

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

sebmojo posted:

He's definitively the worst human to ever live, but that was actual self defence

Is it self defense if they can't actually harm you?

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

If someone tries and fails to kill you, I don't think you're morally required to wait patiently for them to get it right. Of course, morality doesn't seem like the entirely germane concept when we're talking about Jod and his lyctors.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Edit: I'm dumb and missed what attempt on Jod's life we were talking about.

disposablewords fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 2, 2023

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Isn't trying to kill someone you know is unkillable more or less just suicide-by-god?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

FuturePastNow posted:

Isn't trying to kill someone you know is unkillable more or less just suicide-by-god?

They didn't know

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Zorak of Michigan posted:

If someone tries and fails to kill you, I don't think you're morally required to wait patiently for them to get it right.
Which is why all of humanity can and should kill the man who became God and the God who became man in self-defense.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

That Tamsyn Muir interview is heartbreaking. Man, if I had to give up fandom entirely, it would be such an enormous wrench. (Note that I am aware of other published SF authors who are open about continuing to write fic and read it, but not of their works. Muir is an outlier in deciding she can never safely participate in fandom again.)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Fandom is awful.

Muir come post with us here, in the wretched anti-fandom.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Best Muir quote about TLT fandom ever:

quote:

We know you’re not allowed to read fanfic for legal reasons, but who would you find intriguing as a ship proposition and why?

I find all ships intriguing. I’ve spent too long in these mines. No ship is too problematic or cracky for me. My only hope is to out-fandom fandom by presenting them with ships more problematic and crack-filled than they do (I will not; fandom always wins). In these tiresome days where ship wars have been taking on airs, as is my understanding, of virtue versus sin (I don’t even know what Bakudeku is and yet I feel sorry for anyone who ships it; I didn’t ship Reylo because it wasn’t messed-up enough and feel the same), I hope the Locked Tomb fandom is just accepting that all shipping is batshit and every ship is just as bad as the next. Gideon x Harrow is just as bad as Teacher x Crux is as bad as Hot Sauce x Cytherea the First is as bad as Camilla x Juno Zeta is as bad as Silas x Every Asht Brother (actually, I wrote the Asht brothers in an unrelated piece that’ll never see the light of day and imo they’ve suffered enough, but).

I was in the Kingdom Hearts fandom briefly. We shipped people with Goofy. Actually, let’s go with that. Naberius Tern x Goofy. On second thought, please don’t go with that. Goofy had a happy marriage and would know better.

This question has sparked some debate among the editorial team here because we absolutely can’t agree on one. Do you have a favorite character?

Yes. As of twenty seconds ago, it’s Naberius because I can’t enthuse enough over how he and Goofy’s relationship would break down because Babs spends so much money on silk pillowcases to avoid hair frizz. He only needs two, max, but has twenty. I hope Goofy goes on longer and longer adventures with Sora and Donald to try to ignore how his love life is breaking down over Naberius leaving the wedding they were just attending because he saw some other dude wearing the same shirt. Leave him, Goofy!!!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That Tamsyn Muir interview is heartbreaking. Man, if I had to give up fandom entirely, it would be such an enormous wrench. (Note that I am aware of other published SF authors who are open about continuing to write fic and read it, but not of their works. Muir is an outlier in deciding she can never safely participate in fandom again.)

Yeah, gah, I loved the interview but it's so sad! But then again it does feel pretty locked tomb.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I pray the tomb is shut forever, I pray the rock is never rolled away. I pray that which was buried remains buried, insensate, in perpetual rest, with closed eye and stilled brain. I pray it lives, I pray it sleeps ... I pray for the needs of the Emperor All-Giving, the Undying King, His Virtues and his men. I pray for the Second House, the Third, the Fourth, the Fifth; the Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth. I pray for the Ninth House, and I pray for it to be fruitful. I pray for the soldiers and adepts far from home, and all those parts of the Empire that live in unrest and disquiet. Let it be so.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Goddam she's funny, I love her poo poo posting it's immaculate

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

sebmojo posted:

Goddam she's funny, I love her poo poo posting it's immaculate

Imagine if she posted in Video Games or TBB. gently caress, who knew that by becoming a renowned author we would lose a lifetime legacy of obscure internet shitposting

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I mourn all the TazMuir shitposts we will never see :sigh:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

ullerrm posted:

Best Muir quote about TLT fandom ever:

I may have to keep this (specifically the headcannon springing fully formed as to Goofy and Naberius' slowly declining marriage in less than a minute) in my back pocket to help explain the Mind of Muir to people when I can get them to first start reading Gideon (or while trying to convince them). It's this ^^^ kind of ridiculous and hilarious premise mixed with insane interconnectivity and foreshadowing and a wonderfully complex world and overarching plot.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

gently caress

"actually, I wrote the Asht brothers in an unrelated piece that’ll never see the light of day and imo they’ve suffered enough, but"

gently caress! Give us the Ashts!!!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'd pay good money for a big book of all the stuff she wrote that wasn't included, like that unfinished AU.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
A Tell Tale adventure

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Harold Fjord posted:

A Tell Tale adventure

The Three Asht's - Definitely not a sex thing despite all the romantic tension.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

silvergoose posted:

gently caress! Give us the Ashts!!!

dat asht

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

3 Men and a Baby (the baby is silas)

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I keep finding the funniest posts out in the wild

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 8, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Kuwabara Gideon was not something I realize I needed

https://twitter.com/OrangeLemonArt/status/1713326778125541682?s=20

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Just pretend for a second I have nfi what you are talking about

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

sebmojo posted:

Just pretend for a second I have nfi what you are talking about

It’s an older anime and Kuwabara is a big, lovable red-headed idiot much like Gideon, while Hiei is a small very powerful demon.

In other words: a perfect casting.

I do wonder who that makes Yosuke though. If he weren’t such a braggart and kind of an idiot himself I would swap Hiei and Yosuke because of the main character position and increasingly powerful power-ups and the homoerotic undertones of the pair in the anime.

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 15, 2023

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
My partner's reaction to the prologue of Harrow:

"Some people are subtle with it, but her foreshadowing rampages through the narrative like a rhinoceros!"

Her reaction to Jod: "I have my doubts about him. Like, you don't get to be a necromantic god-emperor by being a good guy."

:hmmyes:

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 15, 2023

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I dunno, let's give the guy people call "The Necrolord Prime" the benefit of the doubt.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Still on John's side. Mistakes were made, can't fix it now. Just gotta move forward, on to Cincinnati

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah, John seems reeeaalll sorry about things

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

mdemone posted:

Mistakes were made, can't fix it now.
Guys as careful as John don't have accidents.

That brief mask-off moment in Nona has killed any benefit of doubt that I might have given him, and no amount of thanergy is going to resurrect it. I know that type of predator all too well: someone who hides their abuse behind a fumbling persona, while knowing exactly what they are doing and reveling in it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Well yes he's a terrible person, but do you know anyone better for the job

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

FuturePastNow posted:

Noodle

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

That job should not exist in the first place and anyone willing (or worse, wanting) to take it is utterly unfit for it.

(Unless they're Noodle. Noodle can do it, as a treat.)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Vote Noodle In 2024
Why Settle For Fewer Legs

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Kesper North posted:

Vote Noodle In 12024
Why Settle For Fewer Legs

Corrected the date for you