Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Arquinsiel posted:

Oh also, Rancors are native to Dathomir and they're super smart. Everyone forgets that bit.

Danny Trejo remembered to mention both of those things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Didn't Elsbeth say she had some Dathomiran ancestry? I took it to mean like, one grandparent or something.

And maybe it's like Mandalorians, where they're not actually a different biological species (compared to Zabrak) but their upbringing has them identifying as such.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

wouldn't it be extremely easy to just say that the nightsisters aren't all one species some of em are human others are zabraks

i guess that violates the theme park principle of star wars planet design tho

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arquinsiel posted:

See Dooku needed another assassin, so he went to where... he didn't know poo poo about Sheev getting Maul from. Somehow. He finds Maul's brother, and for a hot minute it looks like the Nightsisters are keeping Zabrak slaves for some reason, but nah, we have to get weird with this poo poo because Star Wars. Turns out that "Dathomiran" is now a species and they just happen to have huge sexual dimorphism (like Devaronians I guess?) and by sheer coincidence the males look like Zabraks and the females look like Rattataki. But Zabraks and Rattatki still exist. Because of course they do.

AND THEN someone goes "that's loving stupid" and retcons it so that they're actually Zabraks and humans (who just happen to favour facial tattoos and hair styles that make them look like Rattataki...), and that due to "genetics or some poo poo" all the males are mostly Zabrak, and all the females are mostly human.

And now, after all that bullshit, it turns out that the Dathomirans are from some other bullshit planet and are still calling themselves "Dathomiran" for reasons that are probably also loving stupid. TBH it's kind of impressive that Filoni managed to make that clusterfuck even worse.

Oh also, Rancors are native to Dathomir and they're super smart. Everyone forgets that bit.

honestly sheev not telling dooku poo poo feels about right. dooku always had a short self life and was always gonna end up dead either how it happened with anakin or quieter.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Question WRT Thrawn in Nu Canon and Ahsoka. How long has he been missing, exactly? Ahsoka has to be taking place at least six or seven years after Return of the Jedi, which itself is four years after ANH which is itself a few years on from the end of Rebels. Has it been almost twenty years he's been MIA?

I don't mind spoilers I'm just trying to get my dates right.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Arc Hammer posted:

Question WRT Thrawn in Nu Canon and Ahsoka. How long has he been missing, exactly? Ahsoka has to be taking place at least six or seven years after Return of the Jedi, which itself is four years after ANH which is itself a few years on from the end of Rebels. Has it been almost twenty years he's been MIA?

I don't mind spoilers I'm just trying to get my dates right.

It's a little unclear, but the current estimate is 10 years. We're about 5 years after ROTJ, which was 4 years after ANH, so that's 9 years right there. And Rebels season 4 is supposed to take place 1 year before ANH, so that puts us at 10 years of Thrawn in exile. The only real question mark is how far we are post ROTJ, but I think we're about 5-6 years here. So we're about 10-11 years, maybe.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 21, 2023

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Chairman Capone posted:

Danny Trejo remembered to mention both of those things!
He means smart like a dog, IIRC in Courtship they're fully sentient.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honestly sheev not telling dooku poo poo feels about right. dooku always had a short self life and was always gonna end up dead either how it happened with anakin or quieter.
Yeah but how did he even know about where Maul came from then?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

thrawn527 posted:

It's a little unclear, but the current estimate is 10 years. We're about 5 years after ROTJ, which was 4 years after ANH, so that's 9 years right there. And Rebels season 4 is supposed to take place 1 year before ANH, so that puts us at 10 years of Thrawn in exile. The only real question mark is how far we are post ROTJ, but I think we're about 5-6 years here. So we're about 10-11 years, about.

But Favreau and Filoni also said that Mando Season 1 was five years post Endor and that Season 3 was like another 3 years after that and I'm assuming Ahsoka would be set after Mando S3 ends or at least concurrent with it. So that's the better part of 10 years taking place after Jedi before you factor in the rest of the films and TV shows.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Arc Hammer posted:

But Favreau and Filoni also said that Mando Season 1 was five years post Endor and that Season 3 was like another 3 years after that and I'm assuming Ahsoka would be set after Mando S3 ends or at least concurrent with it. So that's the better part of 10 years taking place after Jedi before you factor in the rest of the films and TV shows.

I don't think they said season 3 was 3 years after season 2. If they did, I missed it. They said something weird about how long Grogu may have been with Luke, but there's a lot of ways to read what they said. And as you said, season 3 could be concurrent with Ahsoka.

Like I said, it's weird, and they haven't clarified it. In my head, we're about 5-6 years post ROTJ, which means Thrawn has been gone 10-11 years. But I'm fine if I'm proven wrong by the show(s).

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm not going to go looking up quotes now but I remember around when Mando S3 started, Filoni and Favreau gave different answers for the timing in separate interviews.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
They've been really vague and contradictory about the timeline and then some random EU book "solved" the problem by saying basically everything from Mando, BoBF and Ahsoka takes place in 9ABY.

Which is dumb but is an entirely self-inflicted problem.

thrawn527 posted:

Oh sorry, I figured OP meant still around "now". Grevious eventually killed Talzin, right? And Asajj died in that one book that was based off the Clone Wars unused scripts. But yeah, I guess they both survived the Massacre.

That's still only 7. A lot more Jedi than that survived. There's probably more Alderaanians kicking around the galaxy than that.

Talzin has had three deaths at this point. First in the main massacre, then in the Jar Jar and Mace two-parter in S6, then in Son of Dathomir (which is where it was revealed that the "Mother" part of her name was more literal than expected).

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Star Wars is incapable of metaphor. Everything everyone says on the screen is literally true, even if events on screen immediately contradict them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arquinsiel posted:

Star Wars is incapable of metaphor. Everything everyone says on the screen is literally true, even if events on screen immediately contradict them.

Even the lies?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They've been really vague and contradictory about the timeline and then some random EU book "solved" the problem by saying basically everything from Mando, BoBF and Ahsoka takes place in 9ABY.

Definitely got a laugh out of me in episode 1 of Ahsoka when they were at the memorial dedication on Lothal and Azadi's speech was like "today marks several years" since Ezra died. Yeah today's the uh fuckin whatever anniversary of this huge event.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arquinsiel posted:

He means smart like a dog, IIRC in Courtship they're fully sentient.

I also remember, randomly, that Jabba's rancor was a runt because the only way some EU writers knew how to be impressive was to have things be bigger than the movies. Often literally.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yeah, that was a thing too. Star Wars has never gotten over that, as the new trilogy taught us.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
You gotta give it to Kevin J Anderson, he understood the value of miniaturization

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
https://twitter.com/bryaneward/status/1705668788337750092?t=Z7sMo5UNg6_FfzFHVPwr4A&s=19

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

One would be taking an awful risk to think Filoni wouldn't pull up Legends weirdness.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Is Disney really coming for Jizz??? If so I'm finally going full American Taliban. To arms! To arms!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Is Disney really coming for Jizz??? If so I'm finally going full American Taliban. To arms! To arms!

They’re going to know the true meaning of jizz wailing!

Though I think the attempt to rebrand it as jatz goes back way before the Disney purchase, but just never stuck.

Really hard to get rid of jizz once it’s set in.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for the next Celebration where a group of Bith cosplayers go around chanting JIZZ JIZZ JIZZ to the Cantina theme

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Chairman Capone posted:

Though I think the attempt to rebrand it as jatz goes back way before the Disney purchase, but just never stuck.
1994, in fact.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Sony has been removing the 2021 trailers for the KOTOR remake from its official YouTube and social media accounts. Doesn't seem to bode well for it ever getting out of development hell.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I wondered if Aspyr was biting off more than they could chew. They’re primarily known for doing ports, and this turned into an entire rebuild of the game.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
They already lost the job, Saber Interactive were doing it. They've also gone quiet. Looks like the project is ded.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Fingers crossed Eclipse is next. Either cancelled outright or moved to a different studio.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Platinum Games Star Wars please

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

General Battuta posted:

Platinum Games Star Wars please

The only game where lightsaber knees and elbows would not only be acceptable but also expected

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

jivjov posted:

Fingers crossed Eclipse is next. Either cancelled outright or moved to a different studio.

Remember when Quantic Dream couldn't find anybody to work on the game? I'm sure it's going to be just dynamite.

Forever and always my main memory of Quantic Dream (admittedly after that picture of David Gage beaming like a freak between Elliot Page and Willem Dafoe looking like their souls have left their bodies) is the ex-Super Best Friends playing Detroit and Woolie, who is Black, getting to the early part where the Black android is told he has to go to the back of the bus and just lets out this deflating sigh.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Chairman Capone posted:

Sony has been removing the 2021 trailers for the KOTOR remake from its official YouTube and social media accounts. Doesn't seem to bode well for it ever getting out of development hell.

yeah, i wouldnt be shocked if either DEAD or starting over completly. id love to at least see some alpha poo poo of what they wanted to do.

Dawgstar posted:

Remember when Quantic Dream couldn't find anybody to work on the game? I'm sure it's going to be just dynamite.

Forever and always my main memory of Quantic Dream (admittedly after that picture of David Gage beaming like a freak between Elliot Page and Willem Dafoe looking like their souls have left their bodies) is the ex-Super Best Friends playing Detroit and Woolie, who is Black, getting to the early part where the Black android is told he has to go to the back of the bus and just lets out this deflating sigh.

the super best friends stuff of cage is the best poo poo. i remember one near the end beyond where pages character meets green goblin at the hell portal where he captured his dead kid and wife in some 40k version of ghost busters trap and the game treats it as a shock that they are in like super agony and matts just laughing.

EDIT.
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sony-claims-it-delisted-the-kotor-remake-trailer-due-to-music-license-expiring/

its not dead. its music poo poo. so who knows.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 2, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Book 2 of the Bounty Hunter Wars…….Christ this is a slog. Bring back gun head guy

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I don't know, maybe this makes me a conspiracy theorist, but that seems like an excuse. As that article notes, it's a weird claim to make in general, and especially when the licensee would be Disney itself.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I mean, the game started development in 2018, was first announced in 2021, and was supposed to come out in 2022. Even the Black Series toys based on the game's new designs were released months ago. It's totally possible the license for the music did expire, but they were thinking it wouldn't matter because the game would be out by now when they first set the date.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It's also possible that it was made under some form of "rights revert to creator in 20 years" licence, because it pre-dates Disney. Also IIRC said creator was outed as some form of sex pest recently so they might be loathe to negotiate for an extension.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Which creator?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Jeremy Soule, the composer. A quick google doesn't turn up a whole lot about it though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

a sexual elk posted:

Book 2 of the Bounty Hunter Wars…….Christ this is a slog. Bring back gun head guy

The main thing I remember about Book 2 is Fett somehow planting a fake bomb on Bossk's ship and trolling the lizard into fleeing so he could take it for himself. And the spider negotiation. And I think there was something about trying to climb a cliff wall carrying the defecting stormtrooper and the cliff was alive or something?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I can’t remember who did this, but it was added to the OP and is relevant:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Reminder that however bad the actual movie might have been, Colin Treverrow's Episode IX script did give us Bossk. Plus Kuat was a major setpiece!