Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Holy poo poo The Creator was infuriating I hated it so much do not see it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

It does, and it cost a fraction of the budgets for most tentpoles.

But the screenplay needs a lot of work. There's something in there that could have been great.

Visually: it was amazing.

Everything else: awful awful awful

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

just get a dumb tv and like any cheap mini pc at all, like any ol thing with an Intel N5105 can do 4k streaming for under a hundred bucks

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I saw a bit of dumb money which is about the GME stock pump and dump and the plot seems to be the people vs wall street

-_-
i didnt watch the movie but it was actually really kind of depressing to be there in real-time on wsb and stuff when GME was going down. like a huge amount of people, self-aware that they're just gambling but also wanting to stick it to da man, all sort of collectively buying into this faint idea of a 'movement against big capital'. whose only result was worse than the grand finale of CHAZ: just giving rich people even more money

but it was a big energy of everyone buying into the idea and thinking it was actual marxist praxis or whatever, which was sad. if energy could have been channeled to literally anything else, maybe firebombing goldman sachs, that would have accomplished so much more than just gambling2praxis

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I doubled an unemployment check on AMC stock. That was a sick week.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

If you have basically the runtime of a Nolan movie to spare, Folding Ideas as a great video on meme stonks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pYeoZaoWrA

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Holy poo poo The Creator was infuriating I hated it so much do not see it!

Too bad I'm gonna

indigi posted:

A24 should make a sequel to Citizen Kane , or Casablanca

Yeah gently caress it, why not? There's nothing inherently wrong with sequels or remakes as long as there's an interesting angle or commentary

MonsieurChoc posted:

Citizen Kane, but it’s the wrestler.

:hai:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jaxyon posted:

If you have basically the runtime of a Nolan movie to spare, Folding Ideas as a great video on meme stonks

wont be watching

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

But the screenplay needs a lot of work. There's something in there that could have been great.

"From the director of Rogue One"

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

watch this don’t watch the Netflix show

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

"From the director of Rogue One"

And Godzilla 2014!

R1 was taken away from Gareth Edwards and reshot by Tony Gilroy at Disney's insistence to make the main character less radical, but whatcha gonna do

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Blood Boils posted:

Too bad I'm gonna

I wanted to like it so bad, which made watching it even more frustrating

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

I want the tea.

I refuse to watch this film on the principle that the local movie place is permanently closed and also I can't be hosed. Gimme the tea.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

indigi posted:

A24 should make a sequel to Citizen Kane , or Casablanca

there's a Casablanca 80s tv show with Ray Liotta but I haven't seen it

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Sorry dude, it sucks when that happens, I know.

Godzilla king of the monsters 2019 was my last big disappointment, I was so hyped for that one

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

I want the tea.

I refuse to watch this film on the principle that the local movie place is permanently closed and also I can't be hosed. Gimme the tea.

It's a bunch of pro-robot propaganda.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

whatever happened to tivo anyway

also how does our modern technology somehow work worse than tivo did

I bought a cheap DVR for my TV but only used it twice because I mostly watch Netflix, then I broke my coax wall jack and it's been like six years and I haven't bothered to fix it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Blood Boils posted:

Sorry dude, it sucks when that happens, I know.

Godzilla king of the monsters 2019 was my last big disappointment, I was so hyped for that one

Aw man I've been meaning to see this since it came out, why is it bad?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

do they really bothsides the central conflict of the movie

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mr beast is an official sponsor of the charlotte hornets

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

i say swears online posted:

They pick one side, in a stupid way

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

they really dont, not at all. the villains are the west/america and they literally nuke buddhist monks, theyre almost comically evil. It's communist robovietnamese "independence day" and it kicks rear end, but i didnt go in with any preconceived notions or hype

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Aw man I've been meaning to see this since it came out, why is it bad?

It's been awhile but iirc it has the tone and characterization of a Jurassic World or MCU. Just really awful stuff, especially compared to how solid Zilla '14 and Kong: Skull island were. I haven't even bothered with Godzilla vs Kong because it was so bad!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Blood Boils posted:

I haven't even bothered with Godzilla vs Kong because it was so bad!
i didnt' see 2019 but GvK was dumb fun but definitely a pretty mediocre movie if you don't like mid dumb fun

i didn't really expect much from the premise anyways though. i think i watched it on like a 10 hr flight to London so its not like i had anything better to do and did the job of "mildly entertained crammed in a flying hot dog tube" for a couple of hours well enough. couldn't really ask for more from it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

starting Bottoms

why do i look younger than the lead

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

I guarantee that director got bullied by execs during shooting, it's a very delicate concept to translate and unless the director has the power of a Cameron or Spielberg to tell the producers to gently caress off even a good script will get noted to mediocrity

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

starting Bottoms

they're not actually high schoolers

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i've been had

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

starting Bottoms

dunno why i thought this was the Billy Eichner movie title lol

(its Bros? for some reason)

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The actors being 30 and looking like it is an important part of the teen sex comedy genre.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Is this a genuine concern?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Regarde Aduck posted:

Is this a genuine concern?

what if robots watch the movie

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

what if robots watch the movie

They'll be happy to know some people think they're really good and cool!

I think it will be a nice and healthy boost to their self esteem after how much media just spends all their time talking about how all robots are like talentless losers and what not.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

mr beast is an official sponsor of the charlotte hornets

wow he's that washed up already

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

The actors being 30 and looking like it is an important part of the teen sex comedy genre.

it always cracked me up how they used age appropriate actors for everyone except maya/anna in PEN15

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Taylor Swift and Barstool Sports have gone to war

https://twitter.com/emilysears/status/1708950563361366047

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

once the swifties and the chiefs kingdom unite into a single people it will be the most powerful force on earth

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

Taylor Swift and Barstool Sports have gone to war

https://twitter.com/emilysears/status/1708950563361366047

"i'm going to need to see a sextape" feels like something from 2004, intentionally vulgar dead baby jokes and Olsen Twins 18th Birthday Countdown Clock era

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Ammanas posted:

dunno why i thought this was the Billy Eichner movie title lol

(its Bros? for some reason)

Confusingly, Bottoms is a film about being gay. But it's about the lady gays.

(It plot didn't rock my world, but I thought the jokes were very solid.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"i'm going to need to see a sextape" feels like something from 2004, intentionally vulgar dead baby jokes and Olsen Twins 18th Birthday Countdown Clock era

pardon my take is making fun of those guys, it's PFTCommenter's parody; however, barstool as a label is full of actual dipshits who'd say those things in earnest, so I can understand why the swifties would be mad