Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Hakkari has a burning fever for gambling, their ice is useless against him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

cgfreak posted:

Hell, we don't even know if they're a he or a she :v:

(or anything in between or outside that binary)

Oh! Could have sworn it was established.

Clearly I just assumed because Gege loves drawing women with a gently caress rear end bob

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
She appears in Yorozu's flashback (and man were we robbed of those two interacting at all) and looks identical to her modern appearance so could be either way. Leaning towards 'just old' because other reincarnated sorcerers like Kashimo don't look like their old selves.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
you all know drat well the narrator is gonna say ‘today, kinji hikari’s luck finally ran out’

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Artelier posted:

i want hakari to participate in every battle just to see everyone's reaction to bring force fed the rules

Imagine the Cosmic Devil from Chainsaw Man, but instead of Halloween it's a bunch of pachinko bullshit.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I want Uraume to go down more than Sukuna tbh. the villains have enough going for them without some enigmatic sidekick bailing them out at the least sign of trouble

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm still not sure who Uraume is or why they keep popping up beyond being Sukuna's buddy.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm still not sure who Uraume is or why they keep popping up beyond being Sukuna's buddy.

That is Uraume's entire shtick. They're Sukuna's favorite chef, and therefore useful to him, so they get to live.

(They specialize in Long Pig.)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
What were Hakari's actual odds to win last time? Didnt he hit a 1/219 in the first spin on the end? His power can beat anyone if he's written to just hit ridiculous odds over and over.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

There was extra pages added to a recent Jjk volume release I guess. Chapter 213 when Hanna Jacob ladders megumisukuna. It makes Hana look way stronger and helps sell the fake out Gege was going for I think https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/FrcLizI/1/1/

I wonder how often there are pages omitted

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 3, 2023

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I think it’s implied that Hakari’s domain expansion is rigged to always succeed as long as he keeps taking ridiculously risky gambles. In-universe explanation anyways

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Also "gamble big, give it literally everything you have, and you will win" is a pretty big running theme (or if not theme then 'thing that happens') of the series it seems. People who take huge risks or give it their all come out ahead while people who play it safe or back away get shredded.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Are you calling Gojo a coward?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

He wasn't willing to obliterate megamis body, so yes

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pierson posted:

She appears in Yorozu's flashback (and man were we robbed of those two interacting at all) and looks identical to her modern appearance so could be either way. Leaning towards 'just old' because other reincarnated sorcerers like Kashimo don't look like their old selves.

Most incarcerated appear as they were in their prime.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No Wave posted:

What were Hakari's actual odds to win last time? Didnt he hit a 1/219 in the first spin on the end? His power can beat anyone if he's written to just hit ridiculous odds over and over.

He says he is lucky, and that the most spins he has ever needed to hit Jackpot was 32 in both his domain and real machines.

His final spin when he had the hole in him was in increased probability mode, which he was also lucky to get.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Bread Set Jettison posted:

There was extra pages added to a recent Jjk volume release I guess. Chapter 213 when Hanna Jacob ladders megumisukuna. It makes Hana look way stronger and helps sell the fake out Gege was going for I think https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/FrcLizI/1/1/

I wonder how often there are pages omitted

yeah this was much better and makes it look like she could've completely obliterated Sukuna if he didn't social engineer himself into her arms

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Holy poo poo the new leaks, fuckin hype

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Taima posted:

Holy poo poo the new leaks, fuckin hype

"Oh when I get my HANDS ON YOU!"

Very very excited.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Break next week is going to be physically painful

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://cubari.moe/read/gist/cmF3L0pKS3ZhdWx0L0pKSy1jaGFwdGVycy9tYXN0ZXIvSkpLLmpzb24/238/1/

shishio tl (old tcb crew, apparently the most accurate group?)

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
This is such a funny chapter. Both somewhat intentionally, and frankly unintentionally.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

What’s up with yujis arms and hands

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bread Set Jettison posted:

What’s up with yujis arms and hands

Gojo was right

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Kashimo lasted a chapter and a half and most of what his CT allowed him to do was gush about Sukuna, which is really funny.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Man I knew this was going to be the case but it's about to be Sukuna just walking through the cast. Kashimo at least forced him to revert to his true form but still, he basically accomplished nothing at the end of the day. Stay safe Higuruma, I guarantee Sukuna's domain is back and functioning.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Kashimo lasted a chapter and a half and most of what his CT allowed him to do was gush about Sukuna, which is really funny.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Yuji whats wrong with your arm, man? "I ate a bunch of hosed up cursed monster gunk!!! now my arms like this!!" Would be funny if thats just his thing now. I do like the explanation for Sukuna's curse form being like peak efficiency for jujutsu. Wondering about Uraume with Hikari coming out of his domain looking very very unharmed. They dead or what?

Very spotty art this chapter, feels like Gege is up against it. my excitement on all this fighting is flatlined from last chapter and this didn't really do much to pump me up. Hopefully next chapter does something.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Sukuna's design was clearly something that Gege thought was very cool and worked well for the artwork so far because they were just panels where Sukuna was posing. It looks *rough* in motion, especially since Gege doesn't seem comfortable drawing his face in various angles/profiles.

Also lol at the fact that the super Dismantle is spammable and *travels/can be dodged*???????

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Gojo dodged it too the first time, just not with his arm

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I just don't think Sukuna is interesting.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I love him.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
”You should dodge this.” lol

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

kinda funny that a lot of people (me included) were like "Well sukuna is weakened now so everyone can come in and gang up on him" and he's just at 100% full strength right now lol

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m definitely interested in seeing how Higuruma’s cursed technique works with Sukuna. He’s seen it already through Yuji so I’m sure he’s figured out some loophole to beat it

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Collapsing Farts posted:

Gojo dodged it too the first time, just not with his arm

He didn't. The paneling makes it pretty clear that Mahoraga slashed and immediately cut off Gojo's arm from range, also uh, it's kinda wild that the art felt *way* more readable just a few chapters ago. Guess Gege needs the break.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I honestly am just having trouble following the flow of action. The art is really not doing its job there.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Oh Snapple! posted:

I love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I just don't think Sukuna is interesting.

I think I've said it before but he's got the same problem as Hao Asakura from Shaman King. Way too strong and has nothing interesting going for him in terms of personal conflict. So nobody can realistically fight him (now that Gojo is half the man he used to be) and it isn't like he even feels conflicted about this dumb love angle the story introduced like 30 chapters ago.