Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

The amount of times Jeff was posting...and being correct...

The most wild post ever was the leaked mod pages where Jeff flat out says "poo poo that's horrible, can you link me the post and I'll obliterate them" and KM responds with basically saying it's racist to ask a victim of racist doxxing attacks to show proof it was happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm all tied up with cyberpunk, I was planning to just do the DLC but before I knew it I had a new character.

I played through a bit of the DLC and Idris Elba was like "hold on I gotta take this call" and got his phone and the game crashed to dashboard

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pentyne posted:

The most wild post ever was the leaked mod pages where Jeff flat out says "poo poo that's horrible, can you link me the post and I'll obliterate them" and KM responds with basically saying it's racist to ask a victim of racist doxxing attacks to show proof it was happening.

lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

TheSwizzler posted:

I played through a bit of the DLC and Idris Elba was like "hold on I gotta take this call" and got his phone and the game crashed to dashboard

Android probably

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pentyne posted:

This was a whole running thing with KM and her crowd. If you ever asked them earnestly for proof or specifics about anything they either got Real Mad or completely vague and evasive. The one I remember was that they were "feeling unsafe" on the forums and refusing to explain what that actually meant and what anyone could do about it.

I recall the phrase "It's not my job to educate you" being used like the weirding modules in David Lynch's Dune.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 4, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

from my understanding Koalas March post history is 70% search results of "sassy black lady gif tenor"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

sebmojo posted:

that sits next to some goon buying spr a koalas march avatar right before she was outed as buying transphobic avs for herself

that was Mia Wasikowska, she snuck a confession into the OP of the previous thread:

Mia Wasikowska posted:

Edit:

secret confession:
i bought spr the km avatar

i had just refunded the re4 remake because it wouldn't run on my computer. i had noticed spr had their avs changed a whole bunch in just one day. an unusual amount of times. i had never seen an av changed so many times in such a short period of time on these forums.
what was especially odd was a few things - usually if someone already has a demeaning red text av and they go into another thread and piss that thread off, that thread won't buy them ANOTHER demeaning red text av about slightly different subject matter, because they already have a nasty red text av about denying genocides or whatever.

i also noticed a similarity in style between the writing in spr's redtext (the one screencapped in jeff's post) and some of the posts spr made in cspam's "thread for straight up doing misogyny".https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027202
I also thought about a post spr made about how all the mods secretly lover her posts and are pming her encouragement and so forth - that reminded me a lot of KM.
That got me thinking about "forums main characters" and what kinds of things people who love drama on internet sites do. Different types of sockpuppeting and so on.

Would I do it again? well, i had no idea jeff was gonna make that post. but if i hadnt gotten lucky and jeff hadnt posted his take down, i would have just been out $10 and regretted it and felt dumb. don't be like me goons. there but for the grace of god etc. im DONE with forums drama.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

that was Mia Wasikowska, she snuck a confession into the OP of the previous thread:

that was a loving incredible moment because yeah only like an hour or so later Jeff pulled his Columbo move

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
dumbass website

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

pentyne posted:

the neopets and weird fyad strategy claim

there was also the insanely weird ongoing claim that Taylor Swift the singer was a secret white supremacist and it was all coded messages or something, and the evidence usually boiled down to "well she's not condemning them enough"

Is the poster tswift in this quote the same tswift that just got banned from the goon counterstrike server?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Autisanal Cheese posted:

that was a loving incredible moment because yeah only like an hour or so later Jeff pulled his Columbo move

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

:drat:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

pentyne posted:

quote:

Sestze posted:

on another note, how many of you remember Taylor Swift? Not the famous singer, but the poster on Something Awful Dot Com?

They were banned in April of 2018 for having what could only be described as a hilariously racist twitter account, and they were sniffed out in the Fortnite thread in Games. Not too much to look at, but he was the active moderator for the Gaming Garbage discord up until that banning occurred, where he would regularly post anime tits and nazi vaporwave memes from Identity Europa along with the rest of his group of friends.
the next post after the taylor swift ban is by the toe shooter lol

Doorknob Slobber posted:

lol ethnostates are funny hilarious i jerk off to them every night laugh ha ha

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Count Uvula posted:

I see from your post history that you're a nurse who likes a good onion so I have a bit of an interesting tale that I think hasn't been posted in this thread yet:
Back a little bit before I first joined there was a poster named Big Onion 69 who constantly made excuses for not meeting his goals in TFLC. I think Shine was the moderator there at the time? Anyway the onion boy got a decent amount of clemency because his excuses WERE ones that were legit hardship and apparently he pm'd the moderator some proof he wasn't just making it up. Excuses like his dad getting leukemia, his dad getting in a car crash, his dad dying, etc. Eventually he let the mask slip though and posted somewhere else in the forums something that had his name in it and Shine lost his poo poo over being bamboozled because the name on that photo didn't match the 'proof' he had sent shine before.

Instead of banning him outright Shine gave him a mod challenge to eat onion-based meals once day for 69 day straights, they had to be visibly mostly onion and he had to take photos of himself eating them. Big Onion 69 was actually a pretty good sport about this and seemed to be doing an earnest effort to complete the challenge for the first two weeks or so. Onion stew, grilled onions, onion burgers, just more onions than any human would voluntarily eat unless they were that kid's grandpa from Holes.

I don't know if onions are like mind-effectingly toxic or something, maybe it was just the mediocrity of his meal situation driving him a little bonkers, but Big Onion got loving weird pretty quickly in to the mod challenge. 2.5 weeks in to his challenge he was posting photos of multiple different meals each day and claiming he was eating onions three times a day, apparently chowing down on like 9-12 onions every single day. Some people there to gawk at the mod challenge started telling him to cut it out, that he was gonna burn himself out on the onions. It was honestly worrying to watch. I was just lurking the thread personally though, I'm not here to tell people to do less stupid poo poo.

4 weeks in Big Onion 69 started posting about feeling all hosed up and sickly, a couple days later he was posting that his doc told him he was anemic, he didn't tell the doctor about the onion diet but goons in his thread were telling him he needed to correct his diet because, y'know, he was loving up his body with his lovely joke diet. He just said "okay..." and but didn't really change his posting habits in the thread at all, as far as you could see from the thread he was still eating onions for every meal he ate. Shine actually threatened to ban him if he hurt himself for the mod challenge, to try and get him to stop being a loving weirdo :v: He said he'd fix his blood work, just give him some time.

His posts went from being disconcertingly full of onion-based meal photos to just being disconcertingly onion-based in general though, he started posting poo poo about onions all day, the most famous ones just being "hehe onion..." and iirc "i'm living la vida onion here, guys" I think he actually got probated for the all lowercase post for one of those lmao, though I don't remember Shine being so anal about that generally? I'm not really sure why SA even had a rule against lowercast posting back then. Dude started taking his meal photos in his basement and saying it was "pretty dank, good for the health of the onions". It was a pretty normal basement, just kinda creepy in that "lovely lighting" way.

He managed to break one of the two lights in his basement though so it just looked like a horror film after that, Big Onion taking photos of his meals where you couldn't see poo poo except a heavily shadowed plate of food with a light on behind some poo poo in the background. Like 7 weeks in he posted that he was using a flash light to set up a good "experimental onion station" but it was annoyingly dark, reactions to the news were... mixed, some goons egging him on, some asking what the gently caress an experimental onion station was. I'm not sure if there's a 'standard' onion station but I'm not gonna google that poo poo :shrug:

8 weeks in or so he posted a photo of his station, it looked like a bench with some basic tools and measuring paper laying around, and more disconcertingly: A medical centrifuge and some poo poo like an x-acto knife and isopropyl alcohol. First reply: ":stonk:" A day or two went by normally where he'd post photos of himself eating with his plate on the station, mostly in shadow. He was still eating the same poo poo and he probably didn't fix his blood content at all. After those posts though came the part where poo poo got really loving weird, Big Onion 69 posted that he was gonna "find out what separates the man from the onion" and started posting photos of himself juicing the onions with a press and then, for some loving reason, him drawing blood from his arm with a syringe. He got probated for three days, his probation reason was "GO SEE A DOCTOR AND/OR PSYCHIATRIST, BIG ONION."

The day his probation was up, he went right back to posting his meal photos. Onion kebabs and onion soup. Some dumb loving idiot asked him how his experimental onions were doing and he clarified the onions weren't experimental it was just the experimental onion station, for experiments ON onions. But he was making good progress, he was hypothesizing about something called ONA, a hidden form of onion DNA. Somebody made fun of him for that but he didn't reply. His next post was about a day later, he missed two of his meals in the day and he apologized, he was spending time on his ONA experiment and just didn't have time to take photos. An hour or so later he posted a photo of a syringe filled with some murky white fluid, next to his arm, captioned "okay okay psyching myself up. go onion or go home right?" Cue goons trying to convince him to abort whatever he was about to do, though the only one he listened to was somebody saying "get that air out of the syringe or you'll risk an embolism, you loving troglodyte", he replied with just "lol thanks, good thinking".

Hours go by, just feels like loving forever with the suspense. Goons are freaking out in the thread, going "no way he's gonna inject himself with loving onion juice", just calling bullshit on the whole thing. Next post from Big Onion 69 goes up though and sure enough: This dumb motherfucker has photos of himself poking the syringe in to the vein in his arm, he's mainlining whatever the gently caress 'ONA' is. His post says he's been sweating and throwing up since the injection and he thinks his body is rejecting the superior onion DNA. He's got a photo of himsellf where he's just loving DRENCHED in sweat, this dude's so loving shiny he looks like he's covered in baby oil, and his body's looking pale. He's still in his dark rear end basement so most of what you can see is just the small amount of light from across the room reflecting off his goddamn protective film of sweat. Whatever he's done to himself it's obvious he's hosed up big time and people lose their poo poo, Shine hasn't posted in a day or two so he's out of town or something and this guy's just updating people on how he feels, he thinks he might die, some FYAD dude comes in and posts that like Icarus he flew too close to the sky onion and it's molten layers have seared his wings.

Final post from Big Onion 69 before the thread gets locked and he gets banned: "stopp sweating.i'm onion now :)" Not sure what happened to him but I don't think anybody ever dug up like a news article about an idiot dying of onion injections so he's probably still alive? Didn't re-reg though, that's still the last entry in his rap sheet. Wild times for YLLS/TFLC that year, I think that might have also been the year with all the couch lifting poo poo.

Anyway I think this saga's been posted in this thread before, but it's annoyingly hard to find stuff in here and it didn't show up on google.

e: Oh sorry this was after I joined, not before. Probably 2012.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

man the posts on the pages preceding that one in the thread are Troublesing.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
what the heck was that infamous post, i think it was by fragmaster, where it was about how much better video games were than getting laid and picking up chicks? or maybe it was a video or voice recording? it's on the tip of my tongue and i just can't remember it.

edit: found it

Horizon Burning fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 4, 2023

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Horizon Burning posted:

what the heck was that infamous post, i think it was by fragmaster, where it was about how much better video games were than getting laid and picking up chicks? or maybe it was a video or voice recording? it's on the tip of my tongue and i just can't remember it.

he was right about that

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was praying through that whole story that it was going to end with him posting "PSYCHE I've actually been eating normally, this whole onion thing was actually just an extended bit to freak y'all out",

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

You know, normally I want to believe in stupid goon stories, but I think I'm just gonna assume Big Onion 69 is made up by that poster from whole cloth and move on with my life

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Antivehicular posted:

You know, normally I want to believe in stupid goon stories, but I think I'm just gonna assume Big Onion 69 is made up by that poster from whole cloth and move on with my life

It's.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Big Onion 69 sounds like a brand name for pants made in the aughts that you could get at the mall, standup comedians made lame jokes about and older people call the downfall of society.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I really want to believe this happened but there's no way I wouldn't have heard about it 200 times over by now right

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kild posted:

wait is your access to QCS gone? wtf

Huh? No I can read everything still, I just meant I can't read them because it makes me feel ill lol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Is the poster tswift in this quote the same tswift that just got banned from the goon counterstrike server?

No I don't believe so.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

lol

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Should get a new skibidi toilet today.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Should get a new skibidi toilet today.

The creator got cancelled...Sorry man.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

skibidi ba da bop- ba ba da bop

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh word?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What for?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol I was kidding. He just got people mad at him because he filed copyright against any video using the 'character'

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

TheSwizzler posted:

was he looking at the lepers colony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

lol I was kidding. He just got people mad at him because he filed copyright against any video using the 'character'

He nuked one of those ai generator youtube channels. Lol