Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

I'm feeling Meow Meow today
Going to assume no further reason for me or the people who aren't nurses to comment on pain relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I can't wait for Delicious in Dungeon.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Quoting for timg because at full size I can't tell if this is Osaka or the Mona Lisa but with her face replaced with an electrical outlet

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Red Minjo posted:

Quoting for timg because at full size I can't tell if this is Osaka or the Mona Lisa but with her face replaced with an electrical outlet

gamer that's a goatse

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

symbolic posted:

which, how many, and what dosage

e: lighting the FurnaceFace signal [raises cup of Tim Horton's aloft w/ both hands]

Sorry I was sleeping, had to get up at 4:30am to head in and open at work.

There are many factors involved in making a decision like this (drug-disease and drug-drug interactions are the big ones from the pharmacy perspective) which is why if you feel like you need to take something like naproxen or acetaminophen more than 5 days in a row its best to get looked at by a doctor as there may be something else going on. Also never exceed the prescribed/recommended dose, these things are hard on both your liver and stomach.

I bought Disgaea 7. If it keeps being good I might have to slot it behind 5 as the second best Disgaea.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
somehow all these years I missed the fact that Wolf's Rain was set in a dystopian post-apocalyptic-ish future (or maybe I forgot since the last time I looked it up), and that wolves aren't actually on screen all that often

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

I bought Disgaea 7. If it keeps being good I might have to slot it behind 5 as the second best Disgaea.

which system? I haven't played Disgaea since 2 and was debating between one of the newer ones or tactics ogre reborn on switch

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Meowywitch posted:

I'm feeling Meow Meow today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwdgqj6uiL8

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

which system? I haven't played Disgaea since 2 and was debating between one of the newer ones or tactics ogre reborn on switch

PC. It apparently runs much better than 6 on Switch though, so its an option if you want to go that route.

I have tactics Ogre on PC too, both are great.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

When I was in college I got really into playing as relius in blazblue, and on top of lots of other unhealthy habits this hosed my wrist up pretty bad. I went to the doctor and told me I was experiencing nerve pain, and it was due to basically carpal tunnel syndrome but technically in a different location so it wasn't actually carpal tunnel.

Anyways he told he to take a bunch of aleve to reduce the inflammation in my wrist and after a month of doing that daily my wrist was cured*, and I never suffered from any issues. So aleve/naproxen sodium seems fine to take regularly, if you're a college aged man and you only do it for a month, by my personal anecdotal experience.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Tactics ogre loving owns

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rinkles posted:

somehow all these years I missed the fact that Wolf's Rain was set in a dystopian post-apocalyptic-ish future (or maybe I forgot since the last time I looked it up), and that wolves aren't actually on screen all that often

More like an "impending apocalypse past iteration of the world" than post-apocalypse future, given what happens in the end with Kiba and the other three wolves awakening as fully human in a modern day Japanese city rather than the domed cities with eastern Europe flair and signage.

I do wish they'd played around with human perception of wolves more because those parts were the most visually interesting aspect of the show for me. Especially whenever Quent saw the wolves.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ninjewtsu posted:

Tactics ogre loving owns

very much so. I've played Lodis, LUCT and 64 but I have a hard time not playing the remake because they're just so baller. the amount of classes gets my srpg brain going

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the redone soundtrack in reborn rules

the worst thing about TO is that it doesn't do cutscenes in the style of that animated trailer for LUCT

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayhks2FuKqY

this one i love this

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Red Minjo posted:

Azumanga daioh, no?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
frieren is hosed up.......

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Red Minjo posted:

It's osaka in one of those fail rear end AI image generators

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

drat groceries.
got some bag of chips, chicken and meats, and mixed nuts and it ran me like $70

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you post ai images you should be banned

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

this

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Endorph posted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it rules how deranged this website is about anime

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Tactics Ogre is awesome, but I'm reticent on getting the remake because I'm not in a position to sink another 350 hours into a single game, and I know that's exactly what I'll want to do.

Plus, I still need to start AC6. >_>

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Endorph posted:

this but exceptions for if its simulating an image of a butthole and makes me personally lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

homeless snail posted:

it rules how deranged this website is about anime

What’re you referring to this time?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

only if i deem them fail and not funny

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

broke: "epic tall Shrek narwhal bacon"
woke:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

symbolic posted:

only if i deem them fail and not funny

this, tbh

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Namtab posted:

Going to assume no further reason for me or the people who aren't nurses to comment on pain relief.

I'm just in a lot of pain every day. It might just be a "getting old" thing? It's all over the counter stuff, and I never exceed the limits on the back (the stuff like don't exceed x amount in y amount of time).

I was just curious because I do end up taking something or other to relieve my pain every day. The best one was pot, but I'm a month clean on that stuff I dunno if I wanna get back to it right now, even if it was excellent at removing not only my physical pain but the emotional pain as well.

I hope that I didn't give off the impression that I wasn't reading or internalizing the advices you and the other posters in the thread were giving, I apologize if that's the case.

Thank you very much for your replies and interest.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Ohtori Akio posted:

frieren is hosed up.......

more like fuckin good..

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

despite what this forum would tell you being in constant pain as soon as you turn 30 isnt normal, and is usually a sign of poor diet, posture, exercise, or other habits. this is especially true if the pain is in your neck, shoulders, or lower back.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

I'm just in a lot of pain every day. It might just be a "getting old" thing? It's all over the counter stuff, and I never exceed the limits on the back (the stuff like don't exceed x amount in y amount of time).

I was just curious because I do end up taking something or other to relieve my pain every day. The best one was pot, but I'm a month clean on that stuff I dunno if I wanna get back to it right now, even if it was excellent at removing not only my physical pain but the emotional pain as well.

I hope that I didn't give off the impression that I wasn't reading or internalizing the advices you and the other posters in the thread were giving, I apologize if that's the case.

there's no real point in going internet doctor but if you're in chronic pain there's going to be a cause. it's vastly cheaper to catch things early than late

also you're in your 30's you're no where near actually old

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

despite what this forum would tell you being in constant pain as soon as you turn 30 isnt normal, and is usually a sign of poor diet, posture, exercise, or other habits. this is especially true if the pain is in your neck, shoulders, or lower back.

this.

getting old pain would be maybe in your 60s or 70s depending on how hard you were on your joints

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

This may be presumptive but if you have an autism spectrum condition, weak bones/muscle structure is a common condition to have along with that, which combined with the poor posture typical of autistic people can result in chronic joint pain developing.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

My advice is to see a doctor if you're in chronic pain because thats not normal and needs investigation. As others have said this is not normal aging, you shouldn't be in chronic pain with ASD either.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Namtab posted:

My advice is to see a doctor if you're in chronic pain because thats not normal and needs investigation. As others have said this is not normal aging.

Well on the doctor front I have a colonoscopy scheduled because my dad died from colon cancer,and I haven't been tested as frequently as a person with that level of family history apparently should be tested.

I think I see my GP next on...checking the calendar...the 20th of this month, so I can bring all this up to her then, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

take a vitamin and drink water and you can do a jumping jack past 32