Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdE-JvKqpBQ

I haven't read the book this was based on but this looks really dreadful. I read his latest book (Cloud Cuckoo Land) and if that's any indication, this will be pretty awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzINZZ6iqxY

They may as well have called this The Oathkeeper. Pretty sadistic stuff.

Jewmanji fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Lol The Beekeeper looks so dumb I am there day 1

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
good lord Revenge Flicks in full effect

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Feels like we're entering the seventies again, but more dystopian and less horny.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

B-Rock452 posted:

:hai:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I am a simple man that just wants to see Jason Statham punch people and maybe do some actual beekeeping

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Someone better get killed by bees that's all I'm sayin

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
"Jason Statham is..." <roll dice for random job> "a beekeeper who's out for vengeance from..." <roll dice for random thing>"someone who stole a ton of money via a phishing scam!"

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Wasn't really interested until he started beating up the troops and the FBI; then I got on board. That's just fun imagery.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

B-Rock452 posted:

Josh Hutchinson as th3 scummy bad guy. That's great.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

I am a simple man that just wants to see Jason Statham punch people and maybe do some actual beekeeping

I hope he punches someone with a fist covered in bees.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Medullah posted:

"Jason Statham is..." <roll dice for random job> "a beekeeper who's out for vengeance from..." <roll dice for random thing>"someone who stole a ton of money via a phishing scam!"

"Ah geez Jason, I'm sorry. My intern put the wrong prompt in the AI. I said you should be a fisherman who's out for vengeance against evil beekeepers! It's all backwards. If you want to back out I'll totally understand."

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

edogawa rando posted:

I hope he punches someone with a fist covered in bees.

How can you have a thumbnail like that and your movie isn't just a ripoff of The Pain from MGS3?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Josh Hutchinson as th3 scummy bad guy. That's great.
I was hoping it was Jeremy irons

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

I don't think you'll see Universal employing John Leguizamo again any time soon.

Really? Why? A little bird told me that the crew loved John and gave him a standing O after his last shot. Conversely, David Harbor was apparently a misanthrope.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Dillbag posted:

Really? Why? A little bird told me that the crew loved John and gave him a standing O after his last shot. Conversely, David Harbor was apparently a misanthrope.

John Leguizamo trash talked Universal for recasting Luigi as non-Hispanic.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

B-Rock452 posted:

Seriously, that is my kind of dumb poo poo.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Well good thing he's nought but a bloody torso by the end of the movie.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
David Ayer directing Jason Statham from a Kurt "Equilibrium" Wimmer script? Day loving one baybeeeeee

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He rules and the 93 movie was way better than the new one which I couldn’t finish

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Clipperton posted:

David Ayer directing Jason Statham from a Kurt "Equilibrium" Wimmer script? Day loving one baybeeeeee

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

Saw this trailer before tonight's London Film Festival screening of Saltburn, and while I'll see it just because of the two leads, I had to suppress a laugh at how it just seems to be the plot of the Beyond the Sea episode from the new Black Mirror season.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I gotta say between Silent Night the other day and now The Beekeeper, please keep giving us big name directors making schlocky action movies. No franchises, no self serious crap, just dumb and stupid 90s style fun at the movies.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I mean this seems like pretty much the sort of film David Ayer typically makes right? I guess maybe they're usually less fun.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
beekeeper would look better if he was just beekeeper and the phishing scam was just a phishing scam

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

CaptainN posted:

CGI blood splatter. Ugh.
Plus Woo not making a good film since '92 makes this an easy pass.

Face Off is great, with multiple memorable sequences including the air port chase, magnetic prison, and boat chases. This new trailer’s suv chase just looks like a huge step down.

Beekeeper looks like it’s bringing some entertaining sequences!

ghostwritingduck fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Oct 5, 2023

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Snooze Cruise posted:

beekeeper would look better if he was just beekeeper and the phishing scam was just a phishing scam

Yeah, feel like these movies always need to, like, justify why they have kung fu moves? I don't care. They can just be fed up motherfuckas exacting the audiences revenge. No need to justify it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Because some weirdo YouTube critic will make a video about it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wasn't really interested until he started beating up the troops and the FBI; then I got on board. That's just fun imagery.

thrawn527 posted:

Seriously, that is my kind of dumb poo poo.

100%

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BonoMan posted:

Yeah, feel like these movies always need to, like, justify why they have kung fu moves? I don't care. They can just be fed up motherfuckas exacting the audiences revenge. No need to justify it.

But then we don't get the "just how badass are they?" scene...not sure that's an acceptable trade-off.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
just say he beat up a bear once because of honey or something jesus

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
people can just have funny jobs and beat people up! we don't need to justify that The Grillmaster is great at violence because he was an ex navy seal (pussies), he hits people with grills! oh wow this math professor was part of a special government program where they hosed up his brain and now he is super dangerous. oh, so he is the unabomber??? why should i be impressed when it turns out the tv repairwoman i have been watching kill people in highly choreographed fights with coke bottles is also a secret agent? that's an occupation where the number one hazard is hearing crickets and thinking someone is frying your brain with soundwaves.

but no, the only ones who can affect real change in our society are those trained by the same forces that make people helpless. the point is the only effective tools is their own tools, and you just need to hope there is one good egg in the group who will care about you after you already committed suicide because of a phishing scam. sorry if you are poo poo out of luck because your buddy is just a normal beekeeper. gah!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Watching a pyschosexual thriller and halfway in they go like, "he was trained in gaslighting... by the CIA!" ok wait no that would actually be pretty funny they should put that in a movie at least once.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Snooze Cruise posted:

people can just have funny jobs and beat people up! we don't need to justify that The Grillmaster is great at violence because he was an ex navy seal (pussies), he hits people with grills! oh wow this math professor was part of a special government program where they hosed up his brain and now he is super dangerous. oh, so he is the unabomber??? why should i be impressed when it turns out the tv repairwoman i have been watching kill people in highly choreographed fights with coke bottles is also a secret agent? that's an occupation where the number one hazard is hearing crickets and thinking someone is frying your brain with soundwaves.

but no, the only ones who can affect real change in our society are those trained by the same forces that make people helpless. the point is the only effective tools is their own tools, and you just need to hope there is one good egg in the group who will care about you after you already committed suicide because of a phishing scam. sorry if you are poo poo out of luck because your buddy is just a normal beekeeper. gah!

Another reason why I like classic Jackie Chan. Many films where there is absolutely no reason given why he can go up against two dozen people out for his blood. "Witness edge of your seat action as the most terrifying gang Barcelona has ever seen finds out too late that this unassuming balloon animal salesman they pushed around is also... a former math teacher!"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Behold what Kevin Costner nuked his Yellowstone gig for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1KaJvDMlNc

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Can someone tell me if the final shot in this trailer, of the rhino, is real? I know it hasn't been their habit to fake stuff in Planet Earth specifically, but my mind cannot make that image real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ0VZM1rz78

And sorry about the garbage music.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

AceOfFlames posted:

Behold what Kevin Costner nuked his Yellowstone gig for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1KaJvDMlNc

half expected him to be shooting rapidly into a heard of defenseless buffalo when he turned around

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Also just realized that this is probably the most apropos film to add to one of the most pithy Wikipedia pages ever:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin%27s_Gate

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jewmanji posted:

Can someone tell me if the final shot in this trailer, of the rhino, is real? I know it hasn't been their habit to fake stuff in Planet Earth specifically, but my mind cannot make that image real.

There's a bunch of videos on Youtube of a wild asian rhino just casually strolling through some city in Nepal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VffA9ZIidd0

Sometimes they get a bit frisky :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3xDM3dTQy4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

But then we don't get the "just how badass are they?" scene...not sure that's an acceptable trade-off.

Those scenes are pretty good, but know what's even better? An awesome training sequence.