Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Kild posted:

this.

getting old pain would be maybe in your 60s or 70s depending on how hard you were on your joints

yeah I have joint paint because I have genetic arthritis. so I do low impact stuff like cycling and swimming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Well on the doctor front I have a colonoscopy scheduled because my dad died from colon cancer,and I haven't been tested as frequently as a person with that level of family history apparently should be tested.

I think I see my GP next on...checking the calendar...the 20th of this month, so I can bring all this up to her then, yeah.

Good. Up til then theres unlikely to be any significant effects from otc paracetamol/ibuprofen within manufacturers instructions but it would be worth keeping a record of what you're taking to manage the pain. Seek help sooner if things exacerbate. This is obv opinion and not formal medical advice.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i started physical therapy because of chronic back pain (i'm in my 30s), but unfortunately it's barely made a difference. i'm supposed to get an mri scan soon, but that had to wait because of insurance issues.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
ive been having some lower back and foot pain i should talk to an md about it. wishing i had decided to get into a high impact form of exercise as a child rather than as a grown woman so my body could adapt more easily

Ohtori Akio fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 5, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I am normal...And I am Calm.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
also im sitting on a park bench enjoying a sunny autumnal day and still just contemplating how win frieren is

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

if you post ai images you should be banned

But how will we keep up with the insanity of the new Gundam Seed designs

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

ive been having some lower back and foot pain i should talk to an md about it. wishing i had decided to get into a high impact form of exercise as a child rather than as a grown woman so my body could adapt more easily

what’s the high impact exercise

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

*form of exercise

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

despite what this forum would tell you being in constant pain as soon as you turn 30 isnt normal, and is usually a sign of poor diet, posture, exercise, or other habits. this is especially true if the pain is in your neck, shoulders, or lower back.

what if the pain is spiritual

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Erg posted:

from the lower back / foot pain combo. I'd vote running of some form

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Erg posted:

slapping my dearest friends with bamboo sticks after launching myself off the ball of my left foot as hard as i possibly can and dropping my entire weight onto my right foot

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Idk if I'd be drawing these parallels if I didn't know about the studio connection, but something about Wolf's Rain is reminding me of Kurau Phantom Memory. They both feel kinda slow and muted. Restrained. Come to think of it, RahXephon had a bit of that vibe too, though for me that sometimes veered into boring.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I am normal...And I am Calm.

BRAG MORE WHY DON'T YOU!?!?!?!!??!?!?!:stare:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I got some kava calming chewables and the inside of those is absolutely vile and gross (despite having little sense of taste anymore I am very sensitive to textures) and I don't think they did much lol

Wish you could get edibles here

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Stairmaster posted:

what if the pain is spiritual

30 hail marys, 20 signs of the cross, and a full set of psalms

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

slapping my dearest friends with bamboo sticks after launching myself off the ball of my left foot as hard as i possibly can and dropping my entire weight onto my right foot

sick

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Had to explain frozen teardrop lore to my friend who likes wing but hasn't seen anything in the setting passed the TV show ending and I forgot how powerful the fujoshi brains are that wrote that are.

Honestly the poo poo happening with Quattre and Trowa is gayer than anything G Witch could dream of doing.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/D4DJ_gm/status/1709493565569872176

D4DJ collabs really make me want to pick the game up even though I have way to many games right now

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Had to explain frozen teardrop lore to my friend who likes wing but hasn't seen anything in the setting passed the TV show ending and I forgot how powerful the fujoshi brains are that wrote that are.

Honestly the poo poo happening with Quattre and Trowa is gayer than anything G Witch could dream of doing.

What the gently caress, they need to watch EW this Christmas.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

good night friends!!! i hope you had a great night

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Even since I started doing actual exercise months ago I've never felt better. I've gone from a wreck whose wrists sometimes hurt in a pulsating kind of way and running up stairs left me without breath at the first floor to defaulting to "feeling okay" besides soreness and only running out of breath after 4 floors.

well except my right elbow if I'm laying on bed an d talking on the phone but the break I had there was nasty so that's to be expected

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Meowywitch posted:

good night friends!!! i hope you had a great night

:hai:

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/D4DJ_gm/status/1709493565569872176

D4DJ collabs really make me want to pick the game up even though I have way to many games right now

I didn't think to grab my D4DJ info off of my old phone before replacing it, so I didn't even have enough info to do the non-automated account recovery option. Also, the model of phone I got doesn't have an audio jack, so I'm forced to use wireless headphones or buy some gizmo I'll probably lose. Sad on both counts here, even though I didn't exactly play regularly.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

Tactics ogre loving owns

This

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i went outside today

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same and it led me to being at work....

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I found a weevil at work. And then when I got home, I found another of the same kind of weevil on my door. It's an acorn weevil and it's very cute and dumb looking

Not my photos but they are the derpiest little guys I love them

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Captain Invictus posted:

I found a weevil at work. And then when I got home, I found another of the same kind of weevil on my door. It's an acorn weevil and it's very cute and dumb looking

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Captain Invictus posted:

sick bugs op

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i like their moustaches

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RuBisCO posted:

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
they are the size of a pencil eraser and literally cannot hurt you. its time to face your fear

like he was just waltzing around on my hand looking for a suitable take-off spot, he is no threat, he is friend.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's the motherfucker who threw away Yugi's Exodia cards

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Invictus posted:

Cute bugs

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Which of these would you consider the lesser?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Captain Invictus posted:

Maybe it's the same weevil.

Feels bad killing them when playing Grounded.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

gonna try to make myself some quesadillas for the first time.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

is there like, a term for wearing your hair like this? or is it just "a bun with some hair in the front left to hang freely"

thus far my initial dive into cosmetology has been a barrage of terms a woman can use to explain to her stylist how she wants her hair to be cut but this isn't a haircut (as far as i can tell, her actual haircut has no more technical term than simply "long")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

researching from a starting position of complete ignorance has been challenging, but a watchthrough of gundam thunderbolt with specific attention paid to women's hair did get me noticing a couple interesting details i had missed on previous viewings, that has been cool