Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

have you considered talking to a woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

yes i figured there were many such women in this thread

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Endorph posted:

Wait is that even possible

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

apparently this is a topic of such intimacy that i should be seeking the guidance of close friends, so i guess not

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

genuinely im just razzing you because the original post felt a bit like, 'talking about an alien species,' sorry if it came across harsher than i intended

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Feldegast42 posted:

DERP HAHA

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

genuinely im just razzing you because the original post felt a bit like, 'talking about an alien species,' sorry if it came across harsher than i intended

it's cool, i knew asking about it was going to come off like that (i also get the feeling that's just how i come off in general when talking about anything to begin with), so i may have been pre-emptively more harshly defensive than i actually want to be. i'm speaking from complete ignorance on this topic and that's always going to make me look dumb, my bad for making a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

Feels mean-spirited to suggest it but I think this would be a good thread subtitle briefly

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1709964453582713197?t=LH_ZMQx6Uv0OY4ai_dAoNg&s=19

I remember seeing a bit about this movie, looks cute

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Feels mean-spirited to suggest it but I think this would be a good thread subtitle briefly

it has my blessing

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is there a way to filter Cruncyroll by movies? All the movies I’ve found are listed as series.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ninjewtsu posted:

is there like, a term for wearing your hair like this? or is it just "a bun with some hair in the front left to hang freely"

thus far my initial dive into cosmetology has been a barrage of terms a woman can use to explain to her stylist how she wants her hair to be cut but this isn't a haircut (as far as i can tell, her actual haircut has no more technical term than simply "long")

I mean it looks like a bun and bangs that got tousled by the suit

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I turned on my laptop for the first time in over a year today. I'll be doing updates on it all evening and hopefully the battery charges and isn't completely reliant on a cord for the rest of its life.

All this just so I can do my fantasy draft Saturday night when I'm out of town.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

It’s a better thread title than the one that people suggested, so I approve. Someone make the change

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i disapprove.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dammit

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I mean it looks like a bun and bangs that got tousled by the suit

it isn't tousled by the suit, her hair's like that in other contexts too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I talked to a woman once, horrible creatures

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Hope this includes some theatre showings.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rinkles posted:

Is there a way to filter Cruncyroll by movies? All the movies I’ve found are listed as series.

It won't help if stuff is mislabeled, as you seem to suggest, but you can go to a "Browse" category, including Popular or Alphabetical, and filter for movies, yes

e: just checked and the first thing I looked for, Wolf Children, does not show up as a movie but as a show, welp lol

e2: I think the issue is that they're still internally sorting dubs as separate "seasons," so anything with multiple audio tracks has to be a show. Dumb system

Arist fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 5, 2023

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ninjewtsu posted:

it isn't tousled by the suit, her hair's like that in other contexts too

well that's just one bang that's left to grow long for an asymmetrical look. which is a trend that's picked up a lot of steam over the past decade. for the record I'm not a cosmetology expert but my partner is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I talked to a woman once, horrible creatures
i really shouldnt have made that post because i know im going to have to endure bits like this for a week now

this sucks rear end

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

i really shouldnt have made that post because i know im going to have to endure bits like this for a week now

this sucks rear end

the self-deprecation, self-hating style of posting never goes out of style

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its never been in style

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ninjewtsu posted:

is there like, a term for wearing your hair like this? or is it just "a bun with some hair in the front left to hang freely"

thus far my initial dive into cosmetology has been a barrage of terms a woman can use to explain to her stylist how she wants her hair to be cut but this isn't a haircut (as far as i can tell, her actual haircut has no more technical term than simply "long")

A length of hair either accidentally slipped from her hair tie and is loose, or it's a personal affectation to leave some flowing free.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm genuinely asking if you could change the thread title to something else here btw. I regret making that post, I do not find the type of posting this encourages funny, and it is deeply in opposition to things I find valuable and meaningful about, yes, Anime. feel free to lol at me for sincereposting about this. ty.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I apologize for suggesting it

marumaru
May 20, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

is there like, a term for wearing your hair like this?

"extremely my poo poo"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

I'm genuinely asking if you could change the thread title to something else here btw. I regret making that post, I do not find the type of posting this encourages funny, and it is deeply in opposition to things I find valuable and meaningful about, yes, Anime. feel free to lol at me for sincereposting about this. ty.

yeah sure, i should never listen to Namtab anyways

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic posted:

yeah sure, i should never listen to Namtab anyways
can 'i should never listen to namtab' be the thread title

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

well that's just one bang that's left to grow long for an asymmetrical look. which is a trend that's picked up a lot of steam over the past decade. for the record I'm not a cosmetology expert but my partner is

see this was what i thought at first too, but later in the movie she undoes the bun and her haircut is actually just "long"

as far as i can tell she is just leaving some hair out of the bun, and i guess pulling it over her face? or she grew her bangs out on both sides?

Mister Facetious posted:

A length of hair either accidentally slipped from her hair tie and is loose, or it's a personal affectation to leave some flowing free.

yeah, i was hoping there was a more specific term for doing this that i could look more deeply into the context of but it seems there is not

marumaru posted:

"extremely my poo poo"

honestly same

Endorph posted:

personally i will not complain if it is not the thread title

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

hey cool

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

can 'i should never listen to namtab' be the thread title

it is written

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ty sincerely

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

long hair seems impractical in space

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I talked to a Namtab once, horrible creatures

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GateOfD posted:

long hair seems impractical in space

But it looks cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ_WNnsHSKA

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ninjewtsu posted:

see this was what i thought at first too, but later in the movie she undoes the bun and her haircut is actually just "long"

as far as i can tell she is just leaving some hair out of the bun, and i guess pulling it over her face? or she grew her bangs out on both sides?

yeah, i was hoping there was a more specific term for doing this that i could look more deeply into the context of but it seems there is not

honestly same

personally i will not complain if it is not the thread title

I was just going for reference frames you used earlier. I don't know this character

as for specific terms there are more generalized terms you combine into different looks. hair is really versatile

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I was just going for reference frames you used earlier. I don't know this character

as for specific terms there are more generalized terms you combine into different looks. hair is really versatile

yeah i get that

i didn't want to make my initial post a collage of numerous pics i took of this woman's hair in various circumstances, but maybe i should have been braver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i would like to make it clear that none of my corrections are intended to present anyone as being foolish for not having a perfect level of understanding of this woman's hair, i just want to clarify the details on why i think a different explanation is needed