Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Can't believe Sanji hosed up the initial Bonny princess carry. Also, where the hell did that sword come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Three pages and nobody made a “Jujutsu no Kaizoku” joke…?

oddium posted:

hasnt been to "the surface" in a long time ...... is he from... the moon ....
I took it to mean “not the Red Line” but the great thing is that it could easily mean the mortal plane or the planet too. EXCITING

Seeing another skeleton this chapter reminded me of the reaper who came for Zoro at the end of Wano. Feels like Oda is very directly playing with the idea of there being some sort of OP underworld

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
it could be easy to weaken the simple truth of one piece is good

not this week

not this week of all weeks

one piece is so loving good

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm getting bad Sabaody vibes from Saturn's entrance here. :(

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

One Piece is SO good

holy poo poo

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

the egghead incident is that Luffy and crew were wiped out, surprise! One Piece was actually all along about the adventures of....uh..let's say..Gin

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Me too. Can't wait for Kuma to show up and send all the Marines and Saturn on a 3 day cruise.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Joybot, General Franky and Kuma will team up for a robot rumble

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Saturn in Japanese means Ground Star and Tsuchigumo means Ground Spider

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

That is an interesting question. If you attack a Celestial Dragon but there's already an Admiral there, do they send out a second Admiral?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just doubling down on everybody else's responses that Bonney's Near Death Experience attack is loving terrifying. :stare:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It would be fitting for them to have some sort of defeat here ahead of the grand finale, but there's a lot of balls still in play that are gonna make things messy:

- Kuma is missing, might have slapped himself there
- Joybot was booting up
- Blackbeard (or some of his people) are somewhere nearby

I still like the idea that Kuma's brain was transfered to the Joybot, so he might come rescue Bonney from Saturn in the midst of a flashback on what happened there.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i don't think they're going to get defeated like sabaody but it'll probably be a narrow escape (i expect most of the vegapunk satellites will sacrifice themselves?) after landing some solid blows on saturn. idk that luffy will defeat saturn right now either but it wouldn't surprise me if blackbeard swoops in after the straw hats escape and manages to kill him or take him hostage or whatever

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Kuma
Joybot
Franky
Atlas
Edison
Lilith

6 robots/cyborgs converging on one location. Could we get a successful Pirate Docking? Certainly the emergence of Big Emperor would be news that would shake the world.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

lih posted:

it wouldn't surprise me if blackbeard swoops in after the straw hats escape and manages to kill him or take him hostage or whatever

Hell yeah I wanna see Teech loving eat Saturn and grow spider legs or some poo poo

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

alkanphel posted:

Gotta say that is a really cool chapter. Whatever lore dump we're gonna get in the future about the OP world and its past (Lost Century also) is going to be epic.

Hell, I'll take a flashback as long as Wano for this. I bet Oda is excited beyond belief to finally be able to tell this part of the story.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Hell yeah I wanna see Teech loving eat Saturn and grow spider legs or some poo poo

He does need a zoan to complete the trifecta

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

anime was right posted:

given the demonic nature of these fruits, im wondering if imu has like some kind of actual "devil" fruit.

I saw a theory in that reddit thread speculating about the Gorosei that Imu has the Daidarabochi power. Giant shadowy-black, can create lakes and move mountains, was said to reside on a mountain where a god hid from the world? Scans so far

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think Franky might have just had a death flag activate by A Literal Demon appearing via a summoning circle. :rip: Big Franky robot shell. Long live the return of Tiny Franky

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Also was just thinking about how Devil Fruits mirror the way OP talks about dreams, in that they're passed on and shared after an individual dies. They create a sort of collective conciousness that transcends any one person. if the Elders/Imu truly never age then that's another way they function as the counterpart to Devil Fruits/dreams.

Wondering if this ties into why Saturn wanted Kuma's personality completely erased. Maybe part of their research is in finding a way to erase peoples' identities from the world, thereby killing dreams.

Blackbeard said people's dreams never die, but maybe that's the ultimate goal of the powers that be. Erasing whole countries for researching the wrong things, making it so people and places didn't exist, etc. Once the collective consciousness completely forgets about a person or a thing, is that person or thing now truly gone forever? (side note, that makes Sugar's fruit truly one of the scariest powers in existence, since toy'd people are instantly forgotten about by everyone until they get un-toy'd.)

And if that's the case, why? Is it just so they can keep maintaining the status quo?

God drat it Oda

yum posted:

It’s Kizaru who thinks “this is not good” in the panel where Luffy punches his head, right?

Yeah I think that's Kizaru thinking it since it mirrors Luffy saying he's hit his limit. Then it shows Kizaru slamming into a building while Luffy falls and hits the ground.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 5, 2023

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Silver2195 posted:

The translation is a bit confusing towards the end, but I guess what’s going on is that when Bonney viewed Kuma’s memories, she learned that Kuma losing his free will was really Saturn’s fault rather than Vegapunk’s. What’s less clear is what exactly Saturn even is. Is he even human?

Hes a celestial dragon! Of course he isn’t human! This is starting to sound a little blasphemous….

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Almost finished with Thriller Bark.

Hated Absalom and Sanji, liked Usopp vs Perona, and am generally all about the fight with Oars.

Dr. Hogback is pretty detestable.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
So Kuma is also part Lunarian or something yeah? There was an offhand comment from Bonney saying he wasn't exactly human but I'm not really sure in what regard. It would maybe explain where Vegapunk got Lunarian stuff for the Seraphim but Kuma doesn't really have that same coloration so I don't know what to think.

It's wild how a series can run for this long and still get better with every chapter :tviv:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nodosaur posted:

Almost finished with Thriller Bark.

Hated Absalom and Sanji, liked Usopp vs Perona, and am generally all about the fight with Oars.

It's kind of amazing how everyone agrees that certified monster Hogback is only like the 2nd most disgusting shithead on the island. Absalom did some real heavy lifting to take the crown as dude who makes you feel the dirtiest, and Sanji put in some real elbow grease to make the dais with those two.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ragnarokette posted:

So Kuma is also part Lunarian or something yeah? There was an offhand comment from Bonney saying he wasn't exactly human but I'm not really sure in what regard. It would maybe explain where Vegapunk got Lunarian stuff for the Seraphim but Kuma doesn't really have that same coloration so I don't know what to think.

It's wild how a series can run for this long and still get better with every chapter :tviv:

i think hes a D

iirc the word wasnt the equivalent of "race" but like "group of people"

my thought is he traded his life to save his kingdom. why would the celestial dragons care about who/what he was unless it was something that was a threat to them? i guess he could have been a lunarian, but he doesnt have any of the hallmarks of it

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

anime was right posted:

i think hes a D

iirc the word wasnt the equivalent of "race" but like "group of people"

my thought is he traded his life to save his kingdom. why would the celestial dragons care about who/what he was unless it was something that was a threat to them? i guess he could have been a lunarian, but he doesnt have any of the hallmarks of it

Kuma D Tyrant.

Fair enough, I just hear something about being not-quite human and jump right to Lunarian at this point since it seems like such an interesting development that hasn't really gone anywhere yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I used to think life was a tragedy. Now I know it's a Kuma D.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

hatty posted:

Carrot is hiding on the sunny

I'll be honest the primary reason I wanted Carrot to become part of the crew is so we could get more Shojo manga interpretations of the Straw Hat adventures.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwXrfyVJdUc

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Best one piece video I've seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h36oAI9N994

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Just doubling down on everybody else's responses that Bonney's Near Death Experience attack is loving terrifying. :stare:

fukkin' AGREED.

Jesus Christ One Piece is the best Shonen manga I've ever read.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

ragnarokette posted:

I have been under the assumption that the Lunarian blood came from King when he was being held at Punk Hazard in the flashback where Kaido frees them both.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I used to think life was a tragedy. Now I know it's a Kuma D.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Now that Saturn is here, he's gonna explain everything.

https://youtu.be/skSVLj8Em10?si=TpMJ-6J4UxbjPJvd

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

soulful :five:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gyges posted:

It's kind of amazing how everyone agrees that certified monster Hogback is only like the 2nd most disgusting shithead on the island. Absalom did some real heavy lifting to take the crown as dude who makes you feel the dirtiest, and Sanji put in some real elbow grease to make the dais with those two.

Yeah. Meanwhile I found myself feeling kind of sorry for Moria and how he seemed to have given up on his ambitions.

I love stupid One Piece laughs

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I have a feeling that Oda is never actually gonna explain the 'how does an object eat a devil fruit?' thing to the audience because Luffy and the crew will forget to ask Vegapunk about it :v:

So it goes! I guess some things are best left off as a mystery so long as it isn't anything pivotal to the plot :shrug:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

White Light posted:

I have a feeling that Oda is never actually gonna explain the 'how does an object eat a devil fruit?' thing to the audience because Luffy and the crew will forget to ask Vegapunk about it :v:

So it goes! I guess some things are best left off as a mystery so long as it isn't anything pivotal to the plot :shrug:

i could have bought that this would happen, but the inclusion of an object eating a df in wano makes me think it will come up somehow. up to that point we had to think it was some Special Science Thing but its definitely not considering wano doesn't seem to have any Special Scientists that aren't Queen and i doubt he did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

White Light posted:

you just cut the fruit in half and smear the inside all over the object. its that simple. juice the fruit and soak the thing. not complicated