Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

It's a flexing bicep dummy!

If they wanted it to look like a bicep they would have added more veins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Tad Naff posted:

Just wondering if anyone has insight about this background, was some dystopian movie made, or what

lmao

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Two similar items, a "Quantum Pendant Anti-Radiation Protection" (from Temu) and a "Quantum Energy 5G Protection Sticker For Your Phone" (from eBay) tested with a Geiger counter by BigCliveDotCom:
https://youtu.be/Op2JwQM4AUU

They of course provide no protection from anything, and are radioactive themselves.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 5, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So they protect from chronically low radiation exposure! get all your recommended dose of sieverts and rads!

sithael
Nov 11, 2004
I'm a Sad Panda too!
probably a long shot, but does anyone know where to get the enclosure / packaging for these? I have no idea what to even search for.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805696703556.html

(the clamp + 5 wire wrap arms + tube diffusers for the lights)

I ripped out all of the electronics from one I found at Goodwill and replaced them with ws2812 tape that fit in perfectly, it's great. I want to build two or three more but buying them just to rip out the electronics seems like a waste. they seem common enough that there's gotta be some way to get them without any electronics in them.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ordered a Freddie Mercury pin

Received dual zone indoor plant drip irrigation pump with timer.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

tater_salad posted:

Ordered a Freddie Mercury pin

Received dual zone indoor plant drip irrigation pump with timer.

Well I guess it's time to start a grow house

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I have a bunch of decorative pins, but I'm not the kind who wears those or has somewhere to put them. I want to get some replacement pinbacks (or whatever you call them) that have magnets and can stick them to the fridge. Has anyone got any idea how to find something like that?? It feels like it HAS to exist, especially on ali

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Anyone ever seen a tracking number starting with HP?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Big Mac posted:

I have a bunch of decorative pins, but I'm not the kind who wears those or has somewhere to put them. I want to get some replacement pinbacks (or whatever you call them) that have magnets and can stick them to the fridge. Has anyone got any idea how to find something like that?? It feels like it HAS to exist, especially on ali

Do you want to turn them back into pins at any point? If not, clip the stick off, file it flat, and glue on a magnet.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Big Mac posted:

I didn't see any on Ali, but googling things like lapel pin display case and decorative pin display case will show you some boards you could stick to the fridge with removable adhesive (available from a hardware store).

e.g.https://www.amazon.com.au/Hanging-Earrings-Necklace-Collection-Embroidery/dp/B081S1T3RQ

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Hirayuki posted:

I couldn't not post this here:

cool geoduck sticker

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Big Mac posted:

I’ve not seen those but if you’re a DIY type you could buy some magnets, some pin backs, and a hot glue gun. Which is pretty cheap all in (and just the first search results).

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I just checked and most of my pins stick to a magnet, so those would only require bending the pin or cutting it.
the ones that don't stick you can insert into a piece of thick cardboard or Styrofoam and glue that to a magnet, those pinbacks are not flat and would be much harder to glue.

Even easier: get a cloth pin holder https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004271859852.html and stick it with magnets to the fridge.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 6, 2023

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
I wanna spend $10-20 on an obnoxiously bright flashlight. Any recommendations?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Moot .1415926535 posted:

I wanna spend $10-20 on an obnoxiously bright flashlight. Any recommendations?

I can’t speak to this one personally, but:

$25.83 90% Off | 9900000000LM XHP360 Flashlight LED 500W White Spotlight Zoom Strong Light Long Shot Outdoors Metal SwitchHot OLED Power Display
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0guC8Q

This says it’s 9900000000 lumens which is scientifically real. Google says bright sunlight is about 127,000 lumens per square meter at sea level, so. You’re good. Also can charging the phone.

Would like to see the math on how long a 5000mAh battery could power 9900000000 lumens

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I'm pretty happy with those tiny flashlights bigclive reviewed https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004541331109.html

Cheap and cheerful, bright enough to hurt your eyes in boost mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61eTzzU2bTI

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I don’t have a stupid bright recommendation but this thing has been my go to for 4 years. It’s been really good for camping, around the house, spotting the fox that sneaks around out the back sometimes, but I think about the same as any other torch on Ali.

Looking at bright torches, some of the photos in the reviews look pretty impressive if they’re real.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It's pretty much impossible to gauge the brightness of a torch from a photo because it all depends on the exposure time of the camera. If you take a long exposure shot at night it's easy to get that light saber effect.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Assume all numbers are inflated by at least a few orders of magnitude and even then will be based off a brightest setting that will last for seconds before auto-dimming to avoid melting the chip.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Some of the torches actually brag about the led blub models they use, those are the only ones I half way trust.

You can do the temu thing and order 3 of them and return 2 for free. (Hint, Temu usually lets you keep them since they are cheap items.)

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 6, 2023

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

I have a Convoy C8 which is one of the slightly more "legit" ones and it's fine.

Also there's a company called Sofirn that's also good, they've done some collabs with people on the Budget Light Forums, and if those flashlight nerds are ok with sofirn then it'll probably be fine for you.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

also this is how it starts, a simple question about a bright cheap flashlight, and then in 6 months you'll be obsessed with "lumens" and "thrower vs flood" and "edc" and ranting about laser excited phosphors while ordering a handmade one-off from some guy in hong kong

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I will not rest until I find a pocket floodlight powerful enough to perform laser surgery and powered by a miniaturised fusion reactor.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The control logic is always so bad. Switching off shouldn't be relegated to a second tier command like long press because switching modes takes apparent priority. On/off should be tier one (short press) at all times. Switching modes can be long press when the thing is on. Brightness levels sorted from dimmest to brightest. Last used mode should be stored. Flicker modes shouldn't be in the regular modes rotation, but hidden behind a tier three click plus long press from off or something and not be stored as the last used mode. If such a thing exists, good luck finding it. Is dead easy to find dirt cheap flashlights that are near perfect appear from this and it annoys me a lot.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I got a headlamp for those times I’m doing work and I don’t want to prop up a flashlight. Works good.

$3.40 67% Off | Induction Headlamp COB LED Sensor Head Lamp Built-in Battery Flashlight USB Rechargeable Head Torch 5 Lighting Modes Headlight

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKd53qQ

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got a Wuben C3 on Amazon for like 30 bucks. It's the same price on Ali, but it's a great flashlight. Sensible enough controls, USB-C charging for an 18650 and not some rando lithium cell, pretty drat bright but with some lower settings. Bought a second one for my car.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I was looking around for a different set of magnetic charging cables after a goon here said the ones with LED on the magnetic ends weren't as good (and I began noticing my tablet slipping into Slow Charging for no good reason). That's when I found this gem in the reviews.

eta: If anyone has any specific recommendations on non-LED magnetic cables, please share them. Some have little lights embedded in the plug end of the cable that probably aren't as bad as the light-up flashlight-end type, right?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hirayuki fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 6, 2023

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

I got a headlamp for those times I’m doing work and I don’t want to prop up a flashlight.

My solution for this situation was a head-mount strap for my pre-existing 18650 flashlight.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Hirayuki posted:

I was looking around for a different set of magnetic charging cables after a goon here said the ones with LED on the magnetic ends weren't as good (and I began noticing my tablet slipping into Slow Charging for no good reason). That's when I found this gem in the reviews.

:golfclap:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Maybe this is a really ignorant way of looking at it but I feel like flashlights are a bit of a solved problem these days and all the relatively cheap ones you can get from Temu and even Amazon have the same LEDs and control circuitry and whatnot and even have the same high/medium/low/strobe/SOS modes. All the ones I've ordered over the years are nearly identical except for the outer shell and are quite good. The quality of the batteries is where it matters. Buying 18650s online is hosed if you don't use that Reddit master list of verified legit battery suppliers.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I hate the control circuitry that does this. I just want on/off and I want it to not drain the battery over the course of a month. I hate having to go through 4 different modes to turn off a light.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Tarkus posted:

I hate the control circuitry that does this. I just want on/off and I want it to not drain the battery over the course of a month. I hate having to go through 4 different modes to turn off a light.

You cycle through the modes with a light/quick press of the button, but I'm still with you that it's such a needless feature.

The flashlights I have have a lens cap that slides forward and back so you can easily go from flood to a focused spot light with a flick of your thumb. I won't get a flashlight that doesn't have that now because I use it so much.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Where can I find the knockoff sports jerseys

Could have sworn aliexpress did em, but I might be thinking of somewhere else

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ali denied my refund request: ask your neighbors if they got your package.
me: I literally got a package, that I didn't order.. on the day, that the package I DID order said that it was delivered.. Soooooo no my neighbors didn't get teh pin i ordered while the package addressed to me was nothing I ordered.

It was $3 so I'm not going to spend more than 10 more min on it.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Shinjobi posted:

I’ve been very happy with my orders from DH gate. Full NBA Adidas jerseys for <$20. Got a soccer jersey that was wrong, supposedly sending the right one, but has a funky tracking number I cannot find. I will probably order more.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hirayuki posted:

That's when I found this gem in the reviews.
lol racism amiright? pretty hilarious stuff

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Flipperwaldt posted:

The control logic is always so bad. Switching off shouldn't be relegated to a second tier command like long press because switching modes takes apparent priority. On/off should be tier one (short press) at all times. Switching modes can be long press when the thing is on. Brightness levels sorted from dimmest to brightest. Last used mode should be stored. Flicker modes shouldn't be in the regular modes rotation, but hidden behind a tier three click plus long press from off or something and not be stored as the last used mode. If such a thing exists, good luck finding it. Is dead easy to find dirt cheap flashlights that are near perfect appear from this and it annoys me a lot.

I have a no name flashlight that had a press-in press-out toggling switch for power, and if you pressed halfway and released it would cycle brightness levels. Worked great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Shinjobi posted:

I've ordered custom nfl ones before but not from this particular seller. The stores seem to get banned for two months or so they come back. Also messaging sellers will often result in them telling you they have player jersey with appropriate logos, etc.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 6, 2023