Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

anime was right posted:

saw this pointed out, but during the cutaway to the powerful characters, usopp is in the middle of several characters noticing saturns presence (vas and jinbe), and hes the only person looking as worried as the rest of them. it feels completely out of place for an "update" panel. i think usopps observation haki has gotten really strong

Jinbe is a stone cold motherfucker who shrugged off big moms powers, and he's sweating. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Bluemillion posted:

Jinbe is a stone cold motherfucker who shrugged off big moms powers, and he's sweating. :stare:

Waters running down his face because of all the Fishman Karate hes been using.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Nodosaur posted:

Thought Kuma looked at least a head taller so my mistake

It's the body shape, and Moria slouches whilst Kuma stands up straight.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kuma and Moria are so tall that Oda has to do an elaborate perspective cheat to get them in the same frame as Mihawk and Hancock.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's a miracle the different heights don't scan unless you're really looking or the characters are right next to one another. All the admirals are effectively giants, and King was what, five times as large as Zoro?

No recent chapter spoilers, just doing so for the sake of the person reading the series for the first time here.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

drat why the hell is Diamante so huge.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I dont think the gorosei are literal devils/demons, I think they are simply awakened zoan fruit users. I still don't believe any mythical zoan creature ever existed in reality outside of devil fruits which were created from human's belief

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mabels big day posted:

I dont think the gorosei are literal devils/demons, I think they are simply awakened zoan fruit users. I still don't believe any mythical zoan creature ever existed in reality outside of devil fruits which were created from human's belief

thats circular logic. if theyre literal devils, why would mythical zoans being things that havent existed matter?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

IDK if you were necessarily "meant to like" Law during his initial introduction. The supernovae were mostly introduced as a bunch of weird assholes and settled into roles in the story later

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most of the Supernovas were originally conceived as somewhat different characters than they turned out to be. Law was less serious and more rude, and he seemingly actually wanted to be Pirate King instead of getting revenge on someone. Kidd was more of a pure villain (although Oda did eventually remember his was supposed to be a bad guy and gave him his comeuppance at the hands of Shanks).

Convergence
Apr 9, 2005
After this chapter, I'm now 98% certain the end of the series will involve a full alliance of pirates, the marines, and revolutionaries. If that wasn't clear before.

I also predict Akainu will sacrifice himself to save a pirate. Possibly Luffy.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most of the Supernovas were originally conceived as somewhat different characters than they turned out to be. Law was less serious and more rude, and he seemingly actually wanted to be Pirate King instead of getting revenge on someone. Kidd was more of a pure villain (although Oda did eventually remember his was supposed to be a bad guy and gave him his comeuppance at the hands of Shanks).

Not sure he ever forgot per se. Big theme of Marineford and the series et large is Luffy having the ability to make people want to help him. Him helping out in Wano isn't an abolition of his previous description as a murder happy fella any more than Buggy in Impel Down. He's still a villain, but his goals happen to align with the Strawhats, so he's an ally for that time.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oda might've had basic ideas of the roles Law and Bonney are playing but only penciled them in for it when it turned out the Supernovas were popular as gently caress despite Oda shifting them out in a week after his editor gave a suggestion.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

It's a miracle the different heights don't scan unless you're really looking or the characters are right next to one another. All the admirals are effectively giants, and King was what, five times as large as Zoro?

No recent chapter spoilers, just doing so for the sake of the person reading the series for the first time here.

gently caress you doing here Kuro get out

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Zeus is the 10th crewmember

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Oda's done a good job with power creep but the neck and height creep is out of control.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Sub Harrison posted:

power creep ... neck ... creep

These are the same thing

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Just realized, Saturn's fruit would be the perfect pickup for blackbeard. He still needs a zoan right?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

All the admirals are effectively giants

There are no actual giants on that image, but just for additional sense of scale, [spoiling for the sake of readers currently catching up] the shortest giant in the series is still a full third taller than Big Mom. The tallest normal giant in the series is 74'2", Oars is 219'10", and Sanjuan Wolf using the maximum height of his devil fruit is 590'6".

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Sub Harrison posted:

Just realized, Saturn's fruit would be the perfect pickup for blackbeard. He still needs a zoan right?

depends on if you think he might already have one. Though I don't think we're going to see Jay get murdered.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Brandfarlig posted:

depends on if you think he might already have one. Though I don't think we're going to see Jay get murdered.

Oh right, the cerberus theory, I had forgotten about that as well

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

drat why the hell is Diamante so huge.

He's one of those really big flags you see sometimes at truckstops or stadiums.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I really don't understand people jumping on a valid question of just what were Kidd and Law doing at the slave auction. It's not like it's explicitly stated later or something.

Best guess is both of them were there for the show of hypocrisy. Maybe a side of looking for marks/opportunities. Then Luffy showed up and things went Strawhat.

kdrudy posted:

Oh right, the cerberus theory, I had forgotten about that as well

There's actually a few mythical zoans it could be, if we interpret his flag differently than just a millimeter below the surface.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Pirates would never engage with slavery!!

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
The longer I look at that size chart the less sense it makes. Yeah King was a lot bigger than Zoro, but not like that. I feel like the official heights are kinda hosed compared to the actual ineractions and fights as drawn in the manga and anime.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
There's your physical height. And then there's how big you are in your heart.

The discrepancies between those two heights are why none of the Strawhats are ever as dwarfed as they should be.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Gyges posted:

There's actually a few mythical zoans it could be, if we interpret his flag differently than just a millimeter below the surface.

If Blackbeard has the King Ghidorah fruit I'm gonna loving lose it in the best way.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
That height image is hosed, is that supposed to be Hancock between Akainu and Dofly?

She's big enough that she can hide luffy under her cloak by having him wrap his arms and legs around her waist, they ain't the same drat size.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Sub Harrison posted:

no he has the cerberus fruit (three heads)

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
No it was nanomachines

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Flubby posted:

The longer I look at that size chart the less sense it makes. Yeah King was a lot bigger than Zoro, but not like that. I feel like the official heights are kinda hosed compared to the actual ineractions and fights as drawn in the manga and anime.

remember the one law of one piece: Silly Cartoon Logic

don't think too hard about anything. let it flow through you and nod and smile and clap at the silly rubber man.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Billed heights are always a work brother.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Height scaling is immediately broken by the existence of Enma, if it looked like a normal katana in Oden's hands it should be laughably huge in Zoro's. Height in OP is just a feeling or maybe they run on pufferfish logic, idk.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

magic sword changes size based on user*

*sword may not always change size

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Funky Valentine posted:

Billed heights are always a work brother.

this

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Every time Garp tells the story of how he captured Roger Roger gets a foot taller and 100 pounds heavier.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Caidin posted:

That height image is hosed, is that supposed to be Hancock between Akainu and Dofly?

She's big enough that she can hide luffy under her cloak by having him wrap his arms and legs around her waist, they ain't the same drat size.

They’re not the same size but Hancock is ‘only’ like seven feet tall

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Luffy is a short (pirate) king.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Luffy's Kaiju form may seem like it makes him into an actual giant but really he's only big mom size

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Luffy punching Charlos may be the most satisfying moment in the manga thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Nodosaur posted:

Luffy punching Charlos may be the most satisfying moment in the manga thus far.

:hai: