Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

kazil posted:

Elon personally saw the meme accurately telling people he was a pedo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

Elon is now banning people for making fun of the new missing headlines feature. What a loving pissbitch.

https://twitter.com/RayyvanaTTV/status/1710318537045139645

But I thought that comedy was legal again.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

IBroughttheFunk posted:

But I thought that comedy was legal again.

Comedy is subjective

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Comedy is legal truth is not

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Roblo posted:

Quite. I don't tend to notice who is posting apart from some people with really recognisable avatars, but this thread took a massive nosedive.

Yeah it just got shitter with way more white noise posting. I’m glad it’s back to normal.

I doubt folks are routinely checking post histories, just when somebody’s acting like a dickhead if they’re doing it at all.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Nice back to the old thread. That was a painful ride to read at times.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

ElGroucho posted:

I thought Twitter was a terrible app 2 years ago, somehow they make it worse and worse every week. It's honestly impressive.

Twitter's prior leadership was routinely lambasted for being pretty terrible in most regards

and in comes Elon to show just how much worse it could be.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol Elon is big time mad

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

kazil posted:

lol Elon is big time mad

Honestly, good

The more prominent users they drive away from the Nazi site the less excuses people will have to stay on the Nazi site

Keep banning every decent human on there who is too addicted to leave

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

kazil posted:

lol Elon is big time mad

I feel like this is an account I should remember from my time there, but it’s been a long time, and I don’t.

Was this person making fun of him for removing the headlines from links?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

MrMojok posted:

I feel like this is an account I should remember from my time there, but it’s been a long time, and I don’t.

They called him a pedo.

Comedy is legal now

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mordiceius posted:

They reminded the public he's a pedo.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

MrMojok posted:

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

Here are a couple of Bluesky invites. Please post if you use one of these.

bsky-social-dzruy-kmo7x
bsky-social-eqf3o-l65d3

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

The rollout of these ads also provides the public with a hint regarding just how much the company is struggling to attract advertisers.

The type of content being promoted in the ads that Mashable has viewed appear to be consistent with ads found in spammy, low quality "chumbox" advertising – typically defined as those clickbait ads found at the bottom of posts on content farm sites – made popular by native ad networks like Taboola.

"This Seems Unbelievable, But Happens in Dubai Everyday" reads one ad that takes users to a third-party content mill website, overloaded with ads of its own. "These Incredibly Cool Gadgets That Are Going To Sell Out This Year. Action Now!" and "If you suffer from ringing ears (Tinnitus) you're going to love this recent breakthrough" are other examples of some of the content found in these X ads.

Users who have seen these X ads report being taken to a third-party website in a new window upon clicking anywhere within the ad, including when they try to click on the fake avatar. There is no X post to open nor is there a user profile attached to the ad to visit. So far, Mashable has seen these ads served to users within X's mobile apps. Its unclear if the ads are also running on the web version of the platform.

Mashable was able to find advertisements similar to the aforementioned X ads using the same exact text copy running through ad networks on Yahoo and Taboola competitors like RevContent. Mashable could not locate this X ad format in the platform's ad campaign manager so it appears these ads are actually being served by a third-party ad provider.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

ads to fool grandma

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I wonder if this was a long con to shutdown twitter that took 44 billion unnecessary steps.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
destroy your public image with these ten CONCERNING lifehacks (you won't believe how much #4 costs)

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

midwest ink posted:

Here are a couple of Bluesky invites. Please post if you use one of these.

bsky-social-dzruy-kmo7x

Grabbed thanks!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

temple posted:

I wonder if this was a long con to shutdown twitter that took 44 billion unnecessary steps.

Nah, could have done that week one.
Just shut down everything, sell off all the building stuff, sell the personal info to the highest bidder, claimed the world is better now leftie Twitter is dead, then hosed off back to his grimes wanking closet shrine until the end of time.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 6, 2023

.random
May 7, 2007

Wee posted:

quote:

"These Incredibly Cool Gadgets That Are Going To Sell Out This Year. Action Now!"

I’m told Elon bought 10 of each!

shyduck posted:

ads to fool grandma Elon

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

R.L. Stine posted:

destroy your public image with these ten CONCERNING lifehacks (you won't believe how much #4 costs)

:lol:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

temple posted:

this would require an attention span longer than 5 seconds

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Has musk said anything stupid yet about this tesla autopilot crash report that just came out?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

explosivo posted:

Has musk said anything stupid yet about this tesla autopilot crash report that just came out?

🤣🤣🤣

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

Elon is now banning people for making fun of the new missing headlines feature. What a loving pissbitch.

https://twitter.com/RayyvanaTTV/status/1710318537045139645
Comedy is indeed ironically back.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Elon Musk needs a wedgie.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

temple posted:

Every time you think of an explanation that is "I Wonder if Elon had some long term plan..." stop yourself and realize nope. He's just that stupid. He is doing what he thinks is best for the site, which is what makes the site more into the alt right paradise he is desperately addicted to. Any choice that doesn't work is the fault of prior owners or the engineer who he made implement it (who is now fired)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it was cool when elon posted a video of himself shooting a big gun

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

We're at the penis pills stage.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

They were unbanned and then banned again.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is the extended blue box around embeds for when they start force embedding an unmarked ad alongside?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I hate how the giant box around those embeds gently caress with my MMB click and drag to scroll. Thanks Elon :argh:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

explosivo posted:

I hate how the giant box around those embeds gently caress with my MMB click and drag to scroll. Thanks Elon :argh:

and yet you are still using twitter. curious

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

and yet you are still using twitter. curious

I read tweets embedded to posts in this forum

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

goatface posted:

Is the extended blue box around embeds for when they start force embedding an unmarked ad alongside?

explosivo posted:

Are you guys logged in to twitter accounts? I don't have one, and I'm not seeing these oversized boxed either on desktop (firefox) or via the awful app.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

explosivo posted:

I read tweets embedded to posts in this forum

*chuckles* do you now?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pookah posted:

Are you guys logged in to twitter accounts? I don't have one, and I'm not seeing these oversized boxed either on desktop (firefox) or via the awful app.

No, I don't have one. Awful app is fine, it's just on my pc. Maybe it's a browser thing, I'm on chrome. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I was on Twitter but now I'm banned for calling Elon a dork

Power abusing mods are the worst

And to chime in I still have the giant stupid box around embeds. Desktop using Firefox