Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
If I remember right, some of the concept sketches of post timeskip Zoro has an eyepatch so maybe we won't see one at all now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I have been instructed by someone who hugs and kisses spoilers that I should avoid this weeks with special care

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I've read the spoilers and boy howdy you guys its a real hum dinger of a chapter!!!

You guys wouldn't want to check this out early! It's just too cool!!!!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I've read the spoilers and boy howdy you guys its a real hum dinger of a chapter!!!

You guys wouldn't want to check this out early! It's just too cool!!!!

yes! as I understand, thats the gist :)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell yeah One Piece.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Drakkel posted:

Nah but she does have a cool hook

Please don't misgender Luffy's mother

Lipids
Sep 10, 2006
Has it been explained why Buggy is terrified of Mihawk now but was seemingly invincible to Mihawk during Marineford?

I'm assuming haki but Mihawk was a known haki user pre-timeskip.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Mihawk got nerfed for one cut because he didn't know how Buggy worked but he can still punch his face or paddle him with the blade or maybe just stab rather then slice him or just plain Haki through it if he wants I'd imagine.

Also he like, regularly goes into a torture room and beats the poo poo out of Buggy with Crocodile. It's not a huge mystery.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also up until Buggy turned the tables on them with his speech their stated intent was to keep him around as a decoy for all their backroom dealings and then if the heat got too great they cut him loose and leave him to rot.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Mihawk found a guy who he can cut as much as he wants, so he uses Buggy to see what his DPS is

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Lipids posted:

Has it been explained why Buggy is terrified of Mihawk now but was seemingly invincible to Mihawk during Marineford?

I'm assuming haki but Mihawk was a known haki user pre-timeskip.

Because it’s funny. Sometimes there isn’t a deeper reason.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Buggy only learned about haki over the timeskip.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Chapter 1095:

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/Ijs6EUf/1/1/

Cirvot
Oct 21, 2012
Kuma flashback! Go!

Also Shanks being a Figarland feels pretty much confirmed at this point. Based on young Garling.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

buggy's nose comes off?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

buggy's nose comes off?

insofar as his entire body is a giant Mr. Potatohead, it makes sense.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
drat that was a good chap

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

So Ivankov's sister Jinny is eating the first time we see her, making me think she's obviously Bonnie's mom right? Which means this backstory is going to get even more tragic, goddamn

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gently caress

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Well that puts a whole new twist on the God Valley Incident.

Lipids
Sep 10, 2006

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Because it’s funny. Sometimes there isn’t a deeper reason.

That's fair, just something I've been thinking about.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah one huge point of buggy is he could probably be very strong but hes too cowardly to actually confront danger

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ThingOne posted:

Seriously, this could be a Summit War saga just in flashback form depending on how much of this we see, goddrat

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Great chap

Lol that Saturn is just holding Bonnie in the air to be shot at.

Jinny is probably Bonnie's mom, right?

Did we just learn the name of the ancient kingdom? Buccaneers?

Vegapunk says something like if it's not science, it's a devil fruit, but if that's true then wtf is a magic circle? I randomly read an SBS yesterday where Oda talks a little about Miss Merry Christmas' power and she drew a circle on Luffy to stop him or whatever. Wonder if its related.

edit hosed up and unsurprising that the Celestial Dragons have contests every few years where they hunt people.

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 11, 2023

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Waffleman_ posted:

But what I wanna know is who is Binks

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Guy A. Person posted:

So Ivankov's sister Jinny is eating the first time we see her, making me think she's obviously Bonnie's mom right? Which means this backstory is going to get even more tragic, goddamn

that was my thought yeah

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

giant's blood, huh?

it always comes back to the giants

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Great chap

Vegapunk says something like if it's not science, it's a devil fruit, but if that's true then wtf is a magic circle? I randomly read an SBS yesterday where Oda talks a little about Mis Merry Christmas' power and she drew a circle on Luffy to stop him or whatever. Wonder if its related.

[/spoiler]

iirc the SBS said the power was just hypnosis

yeah it works on the back dont worry about it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I was not expecting god valley exposition here. It just keeps getting more massive.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

anime was right posted:

drat that was a good chap

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Kizaru is down! Saturn can heal himself and use the Force! Kuma flashback! God Valley! Iva! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :hellyeah:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
you probably need good haki to not be killed in his presence and unreal haki to actually confront him. wonder if its like conquerers or something.

given that iva has light purple hair and bonney has pink hair, and kuma has dark hair, i feel like that gives more ammo that jinny is bonney's mom

Also, Buccanneers, I'm guessing Oda went with Warlords or whatever because Privateers were too close to the Bucaneer name.

And as for Buccaneers..

"Buccaneers were expert marksmen and would quickly kill the helmsman and any officers aboard."

Buccaneers have giants' blood. Big Hat. Buccaneers carried the story of Nika through the centuries.

Anyway. Feel like we're about to get so many answers. Goddamn.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThingOne posted:

Getting kinda worried what this could possibly mean for Garp and Roger.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
Could someone kindly tl;dr (or point to one) what a Figarland is exactly for those of us who haven't watched the movies?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ragnarokette posted:

Could someone kindly tl;dr (or point to one) what a Figarland is exactly for those of us who haven't watched the movies?

they mentioned shanks' daughter has the figarland name. that was it.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Getting kinda worried what this could possibly mean for Garp and Roger.

I’m thinking Rocks heard about the event and went there to try and take the CDs hostage, they’d be incredibly vulnerable. Garp being there with the Marines makes sense but no idea where Roger came from. Wonder if we’ll see Dragon.

How the gently caress am I going to focus on work today

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So current Luffy is functionally even with Kizaru.

Also the fact that they're theorizing that Saturn's power is DF-based and also, that they never actually said what, if any, fruit Saturn has eaten means that the source of his power is probably more complex than what he munched on.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ragnarokette posted:

this character was seen and named in the manga previously, chapter 1086. film red had the gorosei wonder if they shouldn’t kill uta because she was shanks’ daughter and had figarland blood, which was the first time we heard the name, and learned shanks was a member of the family. its pretty obvious now though, that guy looks just like shanks

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm not convinced there's a explanation in this world sufficient to cover Garp's rear end if he personally ran security at the World Noble's genocide competition but hell, otherwise I'm hooked

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I’m thinking Rocks heard about the event and went there to try and take the CDs hostage, they’d be incredibly vulnerable. Garp being there with the Marines makes sense but no idea where Roger came from. Wonder if we’ll see Dragon.

How the gently caress am I going to focus on work today

That makes sense forgot Rocks was pretty established at that point and was thinking he was possibly a God Valley Native fighting back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
rocks was probably about to do even more evil poo poo