Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Samovar posted:

He had a Muslim fanbase?

See also Andrew Tate (at least claiming to) convert to Islam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah I was thinking about Tate when the idea of Peterson’s Muslim fans were mentioned

Tate claims to be more in line with fundamentalist Islam, in that he has been pretty consistent over the years that he views women as objects and not people, so he would fit right in with the more extreme of those groups. I don’t think he actually converted to Islam. Everything he does is a grift, and I think this is purely to gain a new audience that doesn’t know or care about all of the allegations against him

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

It’s also worth pointing out in the US, George W. Bush got 80% of the Muslim vote in 2000. Prior to 9/11 Muslims were seen as bedrock Republicans (albeit in very small numbers) due to them generally holding socially conservative views. As with everything, 9/11 changed that dramatically.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I’ve got no opinion on Momoa in particular and I’m happy to be proven wrong on this but I don’t think you can be a heavy drunk if you stay in that good shape.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Momoa was a jerk to Amber Heard back when they were filming the first Aquaman. She would bring books to read during downtime and he would tear pages out of them.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Annabel Pee posted:

I’ve got no opinion on Momoa in particular and I’m happy to be proven wrong on this but I don’t think you can be a heavy drunk if you stay in that good shape.

As a light drunk, yeah.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Look…if you had to do Aquaman 2 and were stuck in non Snyder lead capeshit you’d probably be drinking too. Look at what they did to Ben Affleck.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Ben Affleck has been an alcoholic since he was starring in Kevin Smith movies.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I've been an alcoholic since I started watching Snyder movies

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Tequila Bob posted:

He's basically right, Momoa's character will not return in Dune part 2. (I am phrasing things carefully.)

Wait for the sequels

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

Wait for the sequels
That’s the joke. I also wouldn’t discount a flashback happening.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

kalel posted:

kalel, no!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

kalel posted:

Alcohol has to be way too weak to cope with them

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
at least with snyder movies you have time to process the alcohol

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

alkalel, no!

Carentann
Oct 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

Momoa was a jerk to Amber Heard back when they were filming the first Aquaman. She would bring books to read during downtime and he would tear pages out of them.

What if they were evil books, hmmm?

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pirate Jet posted:

Kal-el, no!

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1712098023038201930

Jokes about Black Phillip: Origins and 2 Mid 2 Sommar aside, they should bring back the John Grisham movie. Sturdy mid-budget countroom dramas like the ones that used to print money back in the 90s, with 2-3 big names and fun character actors around the margins (remember when Tobin Bell played a mob goon called The Nordic Man in The Firm), a couple of murders and maybe a little chase scene or gunfight at the end.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I mean with action, there are a bunch of really good lower budget action/martial arts films, that you know as leads have really good stunt martial artists, and have good stunt co-coordinators/directors.

I mean the John Wick films pretty recently showed, you have a few really good choreographed fight scenes and a decent hook for a movie your good. I think A24 could actually do pretty well with that. They should they're good at finding new/underappreciated horror talent, just do the same for action. Don't try and do a bay, try and find a new The Raid or Jackie Chan.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dudes shooting dudes

But in 1.33 aspect ratio

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Ari Aster's BLOOD FEUD 3: THE RECKONING

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The Green Knight but Gawain just goes around solving all the films episodic conundrums with wuxia style sword fights instead of psycho-sexual vision quests. He defeats the Green Knight at the end with a sick backflip.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

galagazombie posted:

The Green Knight but Gawain just goes around solving all the films episodic conundrums with wuxia style sword fights instead of psycho-sexual vision quests. He defeats the Green Knight at the end with a sick backflip.

Still too weird and on brand

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

Dudes shooting dudes

But in 1.33 aspect ratio

Ultra-wide 2.76:1 aspect ratio.

gently caress people who try and watch on mobiles.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Last I heard of A24 is that they're producing/distributing Hazbin Hotel, the wacky tumblr demon cartoon starring Lucifer's daughter as the Disney Princess of Hell. I don't think they take themselves as seriously as it's assumed.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Alan Smithee posted:

Dudes shooting dudes

But in 1.33 aspect ratio

dr_rat posted:

Ultra-wide 2.76:1 aspect ratio.

gently caress people who try and watch on mobiles.

Either is good as long as they insist on using squibs and blanks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Finally the MCU comes to A24

Howard the Duck reboot

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

High Warlord Zog posted:

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1712098023038201930

Jokes about Black Phillip: Origins and 2 Mid 2 Sommar aside, they should bring back the John Grisham movie. Sturdy mid-budget countroom dramas like the ones that used to print money back in the 90s, with 2-3 big names and fun character actors around the margins (remember when Tobin Bell played a mob goon called The Nordic Man in The Firm), a couple of murders and maybe a little chase scene or gunfight at the end.

Remember when Tobin Bell was Ray Liotta's probation officer in Goodfellas?

dr_rat posted:

I mean with action, there are a bunch of really good lower budget action/martial arts films, that you know as leads have really good stunt martial artists, and have good stunt co-coordinators/directors.

I mean the John Wick films pretty recently showed, you have a few really good choreographed fight scenes and a decent hook for a movie your good. I think A24 could actually do pretty well with that. They should they're good at finding new/underappreciated horror talent, just do the same for action. Don't try and do a bay, try and find a new The Raid or Jackie Chan.

Alternately: Being back The Rover but have Guy Pearce cinematically shooting travelling circus dwarves and Chinese acrobats in the postapocalyptic Australia instead of tense and suspenseful moments of questionable morality.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Annabel Pee posted:

He only gets that shredded for movies, it actually caused a stir some years ago because some photos came out with him *GASP* rocking a dadbod.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Alan Smithee posted:

Dudes shooting dudes

But in .223 aspect ratio

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

we're using live rounds

real cinema is back baby and that's the A24 guarantee

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tell me, do you binge?

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
A24 Fullmetal Alchemist quadrilogy incoming :anime:

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Honestly, if A24 can bring back the mid-budget action movie (formerly the domain of Denzel Washington and Tony Scott), then more power to them. 2022-2023 proved that every studio trying to make the big budget "blockbuster" left most of those movies in the hole since audiences will only watch a few blockbusters a year. A24 could make a killing pumping out good mid-budget stuff.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

kalel, no!

Lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

dr_rat posted:

This is basically Everything Everywhere All at Once. What are those directors up to anyway

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Shageletic posted:

This is basically Everything Everywhere All at Once. What are those directors up to anyway

They are directing the Magic 8 Ball film for Mattel.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Honestly, if A24 can bring back the mid-budget action movie (formerly the domain of Denzel Washington and Tony Scott), then more power to them. 2022-2023 proved that every studio trying to make the big budget "blockbuster" left most of those movies in the hole since audiences will only watch a few blockbusters a year. A24 could make a killing pumping out good mid-budget stuff.

They do make a killing pumping out good mid-budget stuff.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Shageletic posted:

They’re directing episodes of the upcoming Disney+ Star Wars show with an all-kid cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

thats an easy paycheck so I don't blame them. They can actually make a star war and then walk away lol