Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gyges posted:

The Buggy way is to reach Laugh Tale after everyone else, but be the one who is publicized for it. The world is celebrating Buggy landing on the beach, while Luffy and Blackbeard are already fighting at the giant X.

Buggy gets credit for defeating Blackbeard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
With how much the recent chapters have been jumping around, I thought I'd try putting together a brief timeline of everything that's been going on in the Final Saga, as well as where all the major players currently are. Fairly loose and may not be 100% accurate, mostly focuses on Final Saga events with the occasional extra included for context. Spoilers for up to the most recent chapter (1095).

It ended up being a little longer than I thought it would, so I'm just going to link it here.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Inadequately posted:

With how much the recent chapters have been jumping around, I thought I'd try putting together a brief timeline of everything that's been going on in the Final Saga, as well as where all the major players currently are. Fairly loose and may not be 100% accurate, mostly focuses on Final Saga events with the occasional extra included for context. Spoilers for up to the most recent chapter (1095).

It ended up being a little longer than I thought it would, so I'm just going to link it here.

This rules, and oh my God there is just so much going on I have completely forgotten about. Perona was with Koby lol.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man I completely forgot about Weevil.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

amazing recap. i wish i had those note taking skills.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Inadequately posted:

you are a gentleperson and a scholar

sorry that this means you’re about to get buster called

Ronnz
Mar 6, 2010

Lpzie posted:

The really for real final race this time: 🤡

To be fair, Big Mom did say she's missing 3 races in her family, so I guess that'd be Giants, Lunarians and Buccaneers.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
What if one piece measurements have been wrong this whole time, and giants are actually regular people and everyone else is just really small?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Inadequately posted:

But what about Gin??

Great writeup!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I actually just put together that since this flashback is being recalled by Bonney, this is what she saw in The Pain Room

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Inadequately posted:

This is amazing, thanks for this

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Inadequately posted:

Incredible writeup. The only thing I can think of to add is that the Five Elders made time to meet with Shanks during the Reverie at his request

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

U-DO Burger posted:

Incredible writeup. The only thing I can think of to add is that the Five Elders made time to meet with Shanks during the Reverie at his request
We're not 100% sure it's shanks. Scar not visible even in the anime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlStq-SVSK8 - it's possible that it's a near-identical Figarland.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Inadequately posted:

after reading this i genuinely think that the reason the BB pirates are on egghead is because caribou told them (via den den mushi) he had information on the ancient weapons but they would have to rescue him first

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I feel like at this point Caribou has to be around for the reveal of the third Ancient Weapon before anything else happens with him

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Caribou as a character is kinda funny. this rando pirate group tried to punk our nakama. then get captured and carried through the new world by one of the strongest groups on the planet

talk about failing upwards

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
the fake straw hats get too into character that they reach laugh tale while everyone else is busy fighting the gorosei

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The FRAUD Hats

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
To be fair, the last time we saw the Fake Hats they were getting buried alive by Caribou's crew so they're probably dead. Aside from Fake Robin who got bagged by Cipher Pol agents and Fake Chopper who was latched onto her head when it happened.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They're fine and on their way to Enies Lobby to save their good friend Fake Robin

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

how dare you

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Caribou as a character is kinda funny. this rando pirate group tried to punk our nakama. then get captured and carried through the new world by one of the strongest groups on the planet

talk about failing upwards

Final battle is Caribou vs Buggy

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Inadequately posted:

God there is SO MUCH STUFF thanks for these reminders. Like I also completely forgot Perona was involved in Koby's escape and in real time it wasn't even that long ago, there was just so much going on in that segment.

still so funny to me that Wapol literally saw everything through a crack in the wall he just happened to look through at the wrong time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wapol and Caribou will join Buggy and basically get the location of Laugh Tale somehow with their combined knowledge

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Thinking about it, I don't think any of the "*large character* is a buccaneer" theories really work. There are a tonne of random huge people in One Piece, and Buccaneers are supposed to be almost entirely extinct. In addition, Kuma and his dad share a unique visual feature - an enormous stocky body attached to a pair of comically short and thin legs. This isn't shared by other big characters, who generally have more normal proportions.

Interestingly Bonney's "distorted future" attack against Vegapunk gives her similar proportions - I wonder if that's a timeline where her Buccaneer genes asserted themselves harder or something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No Wave posted:

We're not 100% sure it's shanks. Scar not visible even in the anime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlStq-SVSK8 - it's possible that it's a near-identical Figarland.

Huh. On the one hand that idea seems overly complicated but also I'd be willing to give Oda an opportunity to prove me wrong.

Edit: Perhaps the weirdest thing to me is seeing how.... nice(?).... the Gorosei are when they dismiss their guards in that scene. They seem so reasonable!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Inadequately posted:

Thanks for this!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

No Wave posted:

Shanks having a secret twin/lookalike would be the dumbest thing to introduce now

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

Shanks having a secret twin/lookalike would be the dumbest thing to introduce now

Oda just introduced clones though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Then why isn't he a baby shanks

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Let shanks be a lovely snitch imo

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Then why isn't he a baby shanks

It’s new to us but not new to the story, Stussy is an adult

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/opdaiIy/status/1713278710961275065

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Came to post this

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's been a while since i had a good ol' madman cackle irl

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Latest episode of the anime captured the feelgood explosion of relief/excitement for the fall of Kaido and the party atmosphere of the entire nation realizing their nightmare was over. Also :lol: at Luffy and Zoro using moves once reserved for defeating the strongest opponents they'd faced to that point just to eat and drink :allears:

Next week SHOULD see the first anime appearance of Cross Guild and Emperor Buggy I think :pray:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Next week looks like it might have some interesting filler involving King and Queen

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

Latest episode of the anime captured the feelgood explosion of relief/excitement for the fall of Kaido and the party atmosphere of the entire nation realizing their nightmare was over. Also :lol: at Luffy and Zoro using moves once reserved for defeating the strongest opponents they'd faced to that point just to eat and drink :allears:

Next week SHOULD see the first anime appearance of Cross Guild and Emperor Buggy I think :pray:

https://twitter.com/ripped1taliano/status/1713366698680533429

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Does that mean we're also due for the glorious debut of Fraudbull?

hatty posted:

Let shanks be a lovely snitch imo
Wonder if it was some elaborate plan to draw the gorosei out into the open or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Does that mean we're also due for the glorious debut of Fraudbull?

If that's Plant Admiral then he showed up in this episode, but was only seen from behind, flying into Wano with his little flower helicopter coming out his back :3:

Edit: Wano went on for a long time so I might have forgotten some stuff that we saw happen, but I don't think we've seen in the anime yet:

The Reverie
The Revolutionaries sneaking in
Bonney looking for Kuma
The Luffy Appreciation Society meeting between Vivi, Rebecca, Sabo, Shirahoshi etc.
Cobra calling for the abolishment of the Warlord System
The assault on the various Warlords' homes

Some of those things might have happened and I just forgot because it was so many episodes ago, but we certainly haven't seen:

Hancock escaping Blackbeard and Koby taken prisoner
Kuma "rescued"
Mihawk and Crocodile teaming up
Crocodile coming to collect his loans from a horrified Buggy
The formation of Cross Guild
The assassination of Cobra
Imu destroying that island
The Revolutionaries cutting of Mariejois' food supply
Vivi and Wapol going on the run.... together!
Garp assaulting Blackbeard's island to rescue Koby
Garp vs. Kuzan
Koby's escape
Hancock taking refuge on Saobody and coming up with the brilliant plan to solve all their problems: she'll marry Luffy!
The Humiliation of the Loser Eustass Captain Kidd by the Emperor Shanks

I'm wondering if there's going to be a bit of a gap between the Straw Hats leaving Wano and their arrival on Egg Head island, as the anime uses all the above to fill in time with plenty of action and plot stuff while also letting the comic get even further ahead?

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Oct 15, 2023