Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Cooley out scoring bedard but bedard winning the Calder anyway is still a timeline I prefer.

gently caress the Blackhawks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

There were a lot of shitshow skaters last night getting paid a lot of money. I’ll keep my fan optimism for now and write it off as rust. Lots of rust…

But Bryan Rust looked great

:rimshot:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Barely related to the NHL, but I am going to a UK Elite league game today. Cardiff devils at Guildford Flames. As you can see, it is one for the purists

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Pretty solid representation of the UK as a whole

Dim, Dreary, Rundown and hopeless with bad ice

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Diet Crack posted:

Pretty solid representation of the UK as a whole

Dim, Dreary, Rundown and hopeless with bad ice

Harsh but fair

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/1712891782046900645?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

The Leafs need another enforcer to protect Reaves

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Looks like WiFi spun him around? Like, what kind of invitation does he need? What is his ideal fight timeline and how much notice does he need?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Wonderllama posted:

Looks like WiFi spun him around? Like, what kind of invitation does he need? What is his ideal fight timeline and how much notice does he need?

I think the point is that fights need to start with both combatants aware that they're about to happen. This is probably a good idea considering they're punching each other in the head. Honestly, this probably should have gotten an instigator as he's jumping into something he wasn't involved in and starting the fight without the other guy having the option to skate away.

But this is the NHL so that poo poo is never going to happen.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the nhl should also add a consent rule to boarding. if you do not say Yes to being boarded, you can't be boarded, easy peasy

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Wonderllama posted:

Reaves lost the fight, and still wants to act tough.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jhet posted:

Honestly, this probably should have gotten an instigator as he's jumping into something he wasn't involved in and starting the fight without the other guy having the option to skate away.

But this is the NHL so that poo poo is never going to happen.

Xhekaj did get an instigator whereas Reaves got nothing for the boarding so the system works.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

AsInHowe posted:

It's this. Which is insane, because he just set up round 2 and uhh buddy WiFi is a hulk smash he beast

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Aye Doc posted:

the nhl should also add a consent rule to boarding. if you do not say Yes to being boarded, you can't be boarded, easy peasy

Seems real bad for the Blackhawks.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dr Zaius posted:

Elon turning Twitter into x.com was stupid enough but none of the loving tweets embed properly in the Awful android app when people link tweets using x.com instead of Twitter.com. So if you are linking a tweet and can remember to change the URL to Twitter instead of x that would be swell.

ha ha green bubble commoner

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

stab posted:

It's this. Which is insane, because he just set up round 2 and uhh buddy WiFi is a hulk smash he beast

Laraque recently admitted to having helped train both Xhekaj and Pezzetta over the summer as well, so he could be even more of a beast this year

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I was happy that the league was going away from fighting.

Also, that was a pretty weak fight. There were maybe two small quick punches at 11 seconds. Everything else was pushing/grappling/falling.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The posturing and breathless coverage of mediocre shoving by the media is definitely the worst part of enforcer culture. Well that and, you know, the getting away with obvious penalties because of “toughness” aspect

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

tarbrush posted:

Barely related to the NHL, but I am going to a UK Elite league game today. Cardiff devils at Guildford Flames. As you can see, it is one for the purists

Awesome. I'm fascinated with the fact that the UK has a minor level hockey league.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

tarbrush posted:

Thats cool. The guy we just hired at work is from England and he told me he was a frequent attendee for one of the teams there (Nottingham). He loved it second only to football.

Since moving here a year ago he is now becoming a Barrie Colts fan (right when they got bad). I am trying to steer him away from Leafs fandom though.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Mr. Kite posted:

I was happy that the league was going away from fighting.

Also, that was a pretty weak fight. There were maybe two small quick punches at 11 seconds. Everything else was pushing/grappling/falling.

Um did you see that AHL fight a few pages back?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Honored to have witnessed Philly's first win and first loss #blessed

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Very excited for the Oilers season to start tonight!!!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/GMillerTSN/status/1713296735785660574?t=PjqwzMLOTMnLtk-b3cNjIQ&s=19

Gord digging through the rulebook to find a loophole in the NHL's crippling incompetence in TYOOL 2023 makes him even better people than usual.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Strong "how the maple Leafs rebuilt Alex Galchenyuk" vibes.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

Gord digging through the rulebook to find a loophole in the NHL's crippling incompetence in TYOOL 2023 makes him even better people than usual.

pride tape is cool and all but I'm surprised Dubas or someone isn't instructing all of his players to tape up their sticks with dazzle camouflage or something:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ThinkTank posted:

They’re skating taller out there with Reaves guarding their backs imo

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/GMillerTSN/status/1713296735785660574?t=PjqwzMLOTMnLtk-b3cNjIQ&s=19

Uh ahem ackchyully you'll find that the rule specifies any COLOR, SINGULAR. $5,000 fines all around, the maximum allowable under the CBA. In Bettman we trust.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

ThinkTank posted:

Gonna be some seriously respectful handshakes after another first round exit

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

CBJSprague24 posted:

Awesome. I'm fascinated with the fact that the UK has a minor level hockey league.

It is very minor league! Guildford's powerplay was an offence against man and God, and the goal tending wasn't great. But, it was recognisably hockey, there were a few slick goals and big hits.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

AsInHowe posted:

wait Reaves makes 4M a year? Surely there are better players putting up more than eight goals a year for that cash. If I were an NHL player I would immediately hire his agent. Good lord

e: duh

Huggybear fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 15, 2023

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Huggybear posted:

wait Reaves makes 4M a year? Surely there are better players putting up more than eight goals a year for that cash. If I were an NHL player I would immediately hire his agent. Good lord

It's $4m over 3 years. His cap hit is $1.35m so a bit above league minimum.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Reaves is incredibly tradable, there are always like 10 teams at the deadline who has gotten the “get tougher” order and will give up assets for him. It’s a pretty low risk contract except for the fact that you have to put him on the ice.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Can't get enough of the NHL in 2023 being all "I dunno about the gays". Classy af.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Cocaine Bear posted:

Can't get enough of the NHL in 2023 being all "I dunno about the gays". Classy af.

Oh they know exactly how they feel about them. And it’s not good!

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Why don’t goalies wear razzle dazzle pads?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

NHL: a bunch of filthy rag its

E: please don't make that the thread title. It's really hateful.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 15, 2023

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

Why don’t goalies wear razzle dazzle pads?

A few have gone with unique designs like Eddie Lack's fire pads with the Flames, but the answer is NHL players are all insipid company men who don't understand sports are supposed to be fun.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1713253404905001013?t=WzeA2g3sS3NAfSe8FdpuIQ&s=19

Huh. I guess Liam Foudy has demonstrated himself to be a serviceable enough fourth line winger to potentially stick Robbie in Cleveland.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Oh my god the body count starts. Kirby Dach has been injured and won't be back in the Chicago-Montreal game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/JacketsLindsey/status/1713335488243773475?t=ha2d62liXP9bv429fs0xpg&s=19

:golfclap: