Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

the tiny wolves were a bit silly, but ofc just having normal dogs probably makes things easier

how were the got wolves made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Apparently in later seasons the wolves were real wolves filmed on a green screen completely separate from everything else.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Just use German shepherds, but either Sable silver or white ones

It's close enough :shrug:

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yes but it's also explicit in the books that damane don't have a choice to channel, but in the show its more like the a'dam is only really to link and cause pain. How else could Egwene refuse to channel at the end of the episode before the tower gets blasted?

E: Isn't there a scene in the show where Egwene tries to touch the bracelet and her arm gets twisted back?

E2: as to the issue of damane freeing each other, I think if you extrapolate out then yes, it would be a real issue for the Seanchen. But, think about the Seanchen culture and history, to the Seanchen the idea of not collaring a channeler is unthinkable, and we even have book examples of collared damane voluntarily returning to their sul'dam. The concept of a damane freeing another just isn't something Seanchen would think of because to them, it would never happen.

Overall, while I get why they gave Egwene more agency in her escape, I don't really like the change from a book story perspective. I do accept it as a show story thing, though.
You also can't refuse to channel in a circle that someone else is leading. Which was made clear by the show in s1ep8 when Nynaeve and Egwene were almost burned out by lady Amalisa. Egwene's escape breaks down under even the slightest amount of scrutiny, even with "show only" knowledge.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Rafe confirmed the have cast a Forsaken we have not seen on screen yet but wouldn't hint at who. He also said he had just flown in to NYCC from the Rhuidean set as well.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

weren't there some forsaken statues in some episode? how many different ones were there?

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
We finally got to the last episode. Our daughter who never paid attention was really sad with Hopper's death. Overall I thought it was good, a few scenes from the book I would have liked to see with more impact, i.e. Ingtar's death. I'm hoping for more episodes to let the show breath some.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ChubbyChecker posted:

weren't there some forsaken statues in some episode? how many different ones were there?

S1 had 8 forsaken statues. None of them were named.

iirc the only ones we have named for sure are
Ishy
Lanfear
Moggy
Sammy
Greandal

One of the statues had what appeared to be a lute so that combined with him saying he just came from Rhuidian suggests Asmodean.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mage_Boy posted:

Rafe confirmed the have cast a Forsaken we have not seen on screen yet but wouldn't hint at who. He also said he had just flown in to NYCC from the Rhuidean set as well.

m'hael

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

calandryll posted:

We finally got to the last episode. Our daughter who never paid attention was really sad with Hopper's death. Overall I thought it was good, a few scenes from the book I would have liked to see with more impact, i.e. Ingtar's death. I'm hoping for more episodes to let the show breath some.

Ingtar not being a Darkfriend on the show robs his sacrifice and "redemption" of it's impact and instead just turns it into a weird comedic bit. I just end up doing a sympathy cringe for him. "Aww, it's okay Ingtar, you tried... kind of. lol."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Ingtar not being a Darkfriend on the show robs his sacrifice and "redemption" of it's impact and instead just turns it into a weird comedic bit. I just end up doing a sympathy cringe for him. "Aww, it's okay Ingtar, you tried... kind of. lol."

the closest it gets is when Loial gives that little speech about acting like heroes

my guess is that it's just meant to be 'hey, we didn't have the time for this but wanted to give a nod to book havers'

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wonder what Rafe thought viewers were supposed to get out of seeing the Shienaran emblem on the Darkfriend Social attendee at the beginning of the season

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Nothing in the season says he wasn't a dark friend.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Nothing in the season says he wasn't a dark friend.
them revealing he's a darkfriend next season is perhaps the funniest outcome possible. Worst of both worlds.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Data Graham posted:

Wonder what Rafe thought viewers were supposed to get out of seeing the Shienaran emblem on the Darkfriend Social attendee at the beginning of the season

There was a dead Shienaran soldier in episode 1, when Perrin et al. find the dead tinker caravan. Killed by the guard dogs. There was a whole scene where Ingtar orders a proper burial over Perrin’s objections, which would have set the stage nicely for a face turn if Ingtar had been given the book treatment in the end.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grundulum posted:

There was a dead Shienaran soldier in episode 1, when Perrin et al. find the dead tinker caravan. Killed by the guard dogs. There was a whole scene where Ingtar orders a proper burial over Perrin’s objections, which would have set the stage nicely for a face turn if Ingtar had been given the book treatment in the end.

I honestly thought it was Ingtar covering his tracks in preparation for a later reveal, but nope, it was just some random Shienaran at the DFS and Ingtar was clean the whole time in the show.

E: Also am I wrong, or in that same scene, does Perrin see a vision of the tinker girl who Ish recruited to the dark side in the prologue just getting murked by the Shienaran(s) in the middle of the caravan massacre too? Because if so, fuckin :rip:, guess that wasn't a good investment, huh Ishy?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 15, 2023

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

given the obviously bizarrely-executed death scene I wonder if there is in fact an ingtar darkfriend subplot on a cutting room floor somewhere, or in an earlier draft of some of the shooting scripts

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Valentin posted:

given the obviously bizarrely-executed death scene I wonder if there is in fact an ingtar darkfriend subplot on a cutting room floor somewhere, or in an earlier draft of some of the shooting scripts

Yeah this seems very likely

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Yeah this seems very likely

Yeah I have the same suspicion.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
The Ingtar death scene was my biggest gripe of the last episode. It was my only gripe really. In the books he holds off the pursuers for a while allowing the others time to escape. In the show he just sort of mildly inconvenienced the pursuers. They were just walking around him continuing after Loial and Perin. Loial and Perin didn't even keep running, they stopped ten feet further on and watched, making the entire sacrifice totally worthless.

The rest of the episode and rest of the season slapped though. The Moggy and Lanfear scene was excellent.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Apparently there is an ingtar dark friend reveal deleted scene. I also saw season 3 will have Tanchico space here let's goooo
Hope it's true because it's the best way to handle the wondergirls imo

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

BigHead posted:

The Ingtar death scene was my biggest gripe of the last episode. It was my only gripe really. In the books he holds off the pursuers for a while allowing the others time to escape. In the show he just sort of mildly inconvenienced the pursuers. They were just walking around him continuing after Loial and Perin. Loial and Perin didn't even keep running, they stopped ten feet further on and watched, making the entire sacrifice totally worthless.
Yeah, I also thought that they should have cut that differently. Show him attack the Seanchan, the rest running away, cut away to another scene, and then come back to him being overwhelmed. It would have taken the same on-screen time and would have made his sacrifice more meaningful.

RC Cola posted:

Apparently there is an ingtar dark friend reveal deleted scene. I also saw season 3 will have Tanchico space here let's goooo
Hope it's true because it's the best way to handle the wondergirls imo
A deleted scene would be delightful. Even if it doesn't exist, I still think he was a Darkfriend in the show - they laid out quite a few hints here and there. They probably just didn't have time to really build up for him being as important as in the books.

Where did you get that info? There's nothing (yet?) on WoTseries.com, and they are usually one of the best sources of that kind of stuff. We do know that there is going to be a ton of Two Rivers stuff next season.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

DTurtle posted:

Yeah, I also thought that they should have cut that differently. Show him attack the Seanchan, the rest running away, cut away to another scene, and then come back to him being overwhelmed. It would have taken the same on-screen time and would have made his sacrifice more meaningful.

A deleted scene would be delightful. Even if it doesn't exist, I still think he was a Darkfriend in the show - they laid out quite a few hints here and there. They probably just didn't have time to really build up for him being as important as in the books.

Where did you get that info? There's nothing (yet?) on WoTseries.com, and they are usually one of the best sources of that kind of stuff. We do know that there is going to be a ton of Two Rivers stuff next season.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

DTurtle posted:

We do know that there is going to be a ton of Two Rivers stuff next season.

Yaaaaaaaay

I wonder if Fain will be leading or if it will be another Forsaken

Hey there's a thought, maybe Slayer will be one of the Forsaken now?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

As you may or may not know. I am the biggest wheel of time fan on these forums

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

RC Cola posted:

As you may or may not know. I am the biggest wheel of time fan on these forums

Hooooo boy you gonna get more enemies than Lews Therin talking like that

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

So wondergirls to tanchico, perrin/loial/Bain/chiad/maybe elyas/Alana/verin to 2 rivers
Mat to andor to meet rahvin maybe? He can meet up with Thom and get the gambling scene in another city? Then to tear to meet up with everyone?
Maybe replace the perrin illian stuff with rand/moiraine/lan filling that in plus darkhounds? Maybe? Or darkhounds moves to 2 rivers and identified by the aes sedei there?

Egwene I am not sure where to throw here?

We also could go to tear early and then everyone splits up. I am super excited that I don't know exactly what's coming

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hooooo boy you gonna get more enemies than Lews Therin talking like that

I have plenty of second place trophies and #2 fan ribbons for all of you. I am very generous and handsome.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

RC Cola posted:

I have plenty of second place trophies and #2 fan ribbons for all of you. I am very generous and handsome.

Why do you have to be just slightly taller than me ?!

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

RC Cola posted:

So wondergirls to tanchico, perrin/loial/Bain/chiad/maybe elyas/Alana/verin to 2 rivers
Mat to andor to meet rahvin maybe? He can meet up with Thom and get the gambling scene in another city? Then to tear to meet up with everyone?
Maybe replace the perrin illian stuff with rand/moiraine/lan filling that in plus darkhounds? Maybe? Or darkhounds moves to 2 rivers and identified by the aes sedei there?

Egwene I am not sure where to throw here?

We also could go to tear early and then everyone splits up. I am super excited that I don't know exactly what's coming
I don't think we will get Tear next season. Rhuidean is confirmed (officially).

DTurtle fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 15, 2023

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

DTurtle posted:

I don't think we will get Tear next season. Rhuidean is confirmed (officially).

Next season is only book 4. 100% confirmed by Rafe at NYCC. And the Rhuidean set is built.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I hope it just looks like Times Square

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

DarkHorse posted:

Why do you have to be just slightly taller than me ?!

I'm sorry but I future sci fi magic utopia it is impossible for you to grow the 0.25 inches taller that you need to be taller than me. I can buy you some lifted shoes though. Since I'm so rich from all of my #1 accolades

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Oh neat. Skipping tear is probably the right call. gently caress I'm excited. Give us 10 episodes Jesus gently caress

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

RC Cola posted:

Give us 10 episodes Jesus gently caress

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

so will rafe chicken out on the sea folk or not

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

so will rafe chicken out on the sea folk or not

Sea Folk women will be fully clothed, and the men will be dicks out in a shocking twist in this new turning of the wheel!

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

One other thing Rafe mentioned: we are going to get a "what Liandrin was doing during the finale" early in the next season. From the way he talked, Liandrin's part was expanded because of Kate Fleetwood.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Sea Folk women will be fully clothed, and the men will be dicks out in a shocking twist in this new turning of the wheel!

Go on....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mage_Boy posted:

One other thing Rafe mentioned: we are going to get a "what Liandrin was doing during the finale" early in the next season. From the way he talked, Liandrin's part was expanded because of Kate Fleetwood.

And for the best. Liandrin was a character with just enough there for a great actor like Kate Fleetwood to dig into and make their own. I hope we get a lot of Liandrin/Lanfear stuff next season because putting Kate Fleetwood and Natasha O'Keefe together is a ready made winning combination.

But yeah "what was Liandrin up to?" just makes me picture her running around Falme while poo poo's going nuts and just getting up to some Lion King 1 1/2 poo poo in the background of scenes.