Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I absolutely believe Jim Schwartz is still mad about that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Schwartz strikes me as a guy that’s rarely not pissed all the time

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Away from home and the NFL hates its fans, so couldn't catch the Seattle game. Looks like I didn't miss much.

I did at least get to watch the Niners lose which was fun. Big Bust Brock out there proving you blew that 262nd pick...

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 16, 2023

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Purdy looked rattled today and it definitely didn't help that the Browns defensive line was in the backfield all game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah. He didn't look great. To his credit, he did put them in position to win in the end.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Go ahead and allow everyone to get their hits in, cuz they feel sooo vindicated.

And exactly Brock still manage to get to the winning field.

edit: mostly twitter they are having a field day. Interesting how alot of them are Eagle fans.

Less the divisonal rivals. :v:

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I wasn't expecting the usual supernatural efficiency what with the opponent and the weather and on the road and all that but I was expecting the team to still look like they know how to play football. It's been a minute since I've seen this team look so out of sorts and I have to say: I prefer the other way they'd been doing things.

Brock stunk today and fair is fair so I will accept a week of "Brock Turdy" with grace but I'm not really concerned, a young QB will sometimes be bad against a top defense in bad weather. My cope of choice is that I'm glad his first real bad game was mostly erratic throws when he's generally very accurate, instead of freaking out and making a million terrible decisions.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Dutchy posted:

My cope of choice is that I'm glad his first real bad game was mostly erratic throws when he's generally very accurate, instead of freaking out and making a million terrible decisions.

Mine is that the game might damage Watson’s stock. The loss was frustrating but if it helps push him out of the league I’ll take it. If this isn’t realistic don’t tell me la la la I can’t hear you

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm just gonna be grumpy about it.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Is everybody but the fuckin rams going to lose today

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

hifi posted:

Is everybody but the fuckin rams going to lose today

SAME

OLD

SORRY

rear end

EVERYBODY ELSE

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Pungry posted:

This injury is your fault.

I had no idea I had such power.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Suddenly I feel way better about losing this week and I'm not sure why.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Seahawks could have won that game

Geno just had a bad day. Looked slow and confused a lot

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Suddenly I feel way better about losing this week and I'm not sure why.

Me neither, I'm still grumpy but that's mostly because of the two blow out diapers today.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Mustached Demon posted:

Me neither, I'm still grumpy but that's mostly because of the two blow out diapers today.

Odd reason for Deebo and CMC to have left the game but it happens to the best of us I guess

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

The guy who moderated the Inside the 49ers blog for the Santa Ross Press Democrat was fired yesterday because it came to light that he groomed a 17 year old student 18 years ago (he was 31 at the time) when he was a teacher. Sadly predictably a bunch of posters on there are calling this woke nonsense/virtue signalling. This was the blog where Grant Cohn got his start so sadly I'm not surprised by the quality of people that frequent it.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams defeated the Cardinals in a Week 6 NFL matchup 26-9

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DariusLikewise posted:

I was a bit nervous about that one, for the first quarter and change looked like they were playing it down. But they gutted it out, nice play from Kupp and Stafford and the defense really did it.

Niners I'm still a bit aggro about, the refs really did a lot in that game. Also friendship broken with Jeff Moody. I know that's not his name but Jeff fits him better if he's gonna be a shank artist like that. Really should have made that one

Play fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 16, 2023

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Kicker salary is an interesting math problem to me. Do you pay a veteran 4M a year, or a rookie 1.3M a year? How badly do you want to make those kicks, and will the experienced guy outperform the rookie most of the time? Really hard to say since any given kick, can go any given way. And are those few millions better spent on the rest of the squad? I don't know, it's just starkly revealed in clinch games when the kicker shanks it. Maybe the coaches should drive for a touchdown if they don't have complete confidence in the kicking team, I dunno.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Shindragon posted:

Eagle fans.

they seem to have quieted down.. wonder why...

MakaVillian posted:

The guy who moderated the Inside the 49ers blog for the Santa Ross Press Democrat was fired yesterday because it came to light that he groomed a 17 year old student 18 years ago (he was 31 at the time) when he was a teacher. Sadly predictably a bunch of posters on there are calling this woke nonsense/virtue signalling. This was the blog where Grant Cohn got his start so sadly I'm not surprised by the quality of people that frequent it.

took me a minute to figure out i was thinking of grant wahl not.. whoever this dude is

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

McVay should not be pissing me off, but he is. How in the hell does he think not running the ball in the first half was a good idea?

Thank goodness he adjusted in the second half, because he's not prone to doing that too often.

Who knows. Maybe he adjusted simply because Stafford was not on today from what I saw.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

SAME

OLD

SORRY

rear end

EVERYBODY ELSE

See, now, I like this one. SOSAEE.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MakaVillian posted:

:barf:

While I'm not happy we lost, I am happy these disgusting freaks are upset about the loss.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

Plagiarizing Magic Johnson

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I really appreciate how realistic Gannon is making the tank look, really selling the falling apart after putting together decent first halves. Certainly can’t be the case he’s a coach that can’t adjust at halftime and go beyond the scripted start. All an act, clearly.

Dallas was just too lovely to lose to, I guess.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Qwijib0 posted:

I really appreciate how realistic Gannon is making the tank look, really selling the falling apart after putting together decent first halves. Certainly can’t be the case he’s a coach that can’t adjust at halftime and go beyond the scripted start. All an act, clearly.

Dallas was just too lovely to lose to, I guess.

I will never be mad at the Cardinals for beating the cowboys. Either Gannon is a bad coach (it's this) or he's a multidimensional chess master (impossible, he voluntarily took the Cardinals HC job)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Same Old Sorry rear end Niners!!!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was busy so I only got to see the niners game which I recorded and that was not a fun game to watch. Especially hate injuries to key players.

It looked to me like maybe brock purdy had literally never handled a wet football. His accuracy was way down, and there was a lot of poor ball handling.

Also gently caress the refs. CJ totally fumbled that ball that was not a forward pass, they were ticky tacky with pass interference until they weren't, they were kinda trash in both directions until they literally decided the outcome of the game with bad calls on the last few plays. Just a real embarrassing showing for that squad.

palindrome posted:

Kicker salary is an interesting math problem to me. Do you pay a veteran 4M a year, or a rookie 1.3M a year? How badly do you want to make those kicks, and will the experienced guy outperform the rookie most of the time? Really hard to say since any given kick, can go any given way. And are those few millions better spent on the rest of the squad? I don't know, it's just starkly revealed in clinch games when the kicker shanks it. Maybe the coaches should drive for a touchdown if they don't have complete confidence in the kicking team, I dunno.

the niners have $40m in unused cap space this year so while your analysis is interesting from a broader perspective, there's just no excuse for letting Gould go. Maybe you worry about saving less than $3m a year if you're hard up against the cap.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Leperflesh posted:

I was busy so I only got to see the niners game which I recorded and that was not a fun game to watch. Especially hate injuries to key players.

It looked to me like maybe brock purdy had literally never handled a wet football. His accuracy was way down, and there was a lot of poor ball handling.

Also gently caress the refs. CJ totally fumbled that ball that was not a forward pass, they were ticky tacky with pass interference until they weren't, they were kinda trash in both directions until they literally decided the outcome of the game with bad calls on the last few plays. Just a real embarrassing showing for that squad.

the niners have $40m in unused cap space this year so while your analysis is interesting from a broader perspective, there's just no excuse for letting Gould go. Maybe you worry about saving less than $3m a year if you're hard up against the cap.
That 40 million freed up late. Before the boss signing and other restructurings, they were over the cap.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Leperflesh posted:

I believe they’re planning to carry that over to next year, so it does have team building implications not just owner money

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think less than $3M is easy money to secure one of the best kickers in the league when your QB is gonna be cheap as poo poo for the next few years, but I'll concede that might have been a slightly harder decision this summer than it seems like today.

Like after the QB, the kicker is the next most important position on the team for scoring points and you gotta score points to win games. Adding $3M a year to win one more game a season is a discount. And here we have a perfect example where a better kicker probably wins us a game we instead lost.

They never even made Gould an offer. There was no attempt to restructure his contract. He's still a free agent!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

It seems a little telling that Gould is still a free agent though.

Moody was perfect all season until a rainy Browns game, I don't think it's worth getting too upset about yet.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I’m in Pittsburgh and not Cleveland, but if it was anything like the rain we had here it was extremely volatile and slick. Lots of changes in direction and intensity. I imagine that’s even worse than a steady rain for things like kicking and throwing

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

MakaVillian posted:

It seems a little telling that Gould is still a free agent though.

Moody was perfect all season until a rainy Browns game, I don't think it's worth getting too upset about yet.

Yeah if it's that big an issue just sign gould back

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Incidentally the last time Purdy led a potential game-winning two-minute drive was against the Raiders last year and Robbie Gould missed a 41 yard field goal (tie game though, won in OT)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gould has no range. If Moody pans out, he is better than Gould.

Goulds main selling point is he never missed in the playoffs. That's a great thing. He's also old as gently caress.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

help my balls wet and I can't grip it

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

DeimosRising posted:

I’m in Pittsburgh and not Cleveland, but if it was anything like the rain we had here it was extremely volatile and slick. Lots of changes in direction and intensity. I imagine that’s even worse than a steady rain for things like kicking and throwing

Clevelands stadium design creates weird air currents that makes it difficult to kick in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

A few frames later Purdy makes a funny face as he realizes he lost the ball