Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

hey do you all ever watch anime together???

cant say i ever have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
its indecent to do that except in private.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

switched to hugtto. its good
fresh is my favorite precure but hugtto's pretty good

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Endorph posted:

fresh is my favorite precure but hugtto's pretty good

the shinzo abe content makes it pretty funny imho.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

too early to say it hirogaru is the best one, but if it sticks the landing...

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
things to do in middle school

1. irreparably gently caress up your bangs
2. adopt an infant, care for it with help from your nakama
3. come to terms with irreparable bangs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

precure tier list

S: fresh, yes, healin' good
A: futari wa, yes 5 gogo, star twinkle, heartcatch
B: futari wa max heart, hugtto, smile, suite, kira kira
C: doki doki

these are the only ones i have an immediate opinion on

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh come on, it's middle school you can't gently caress up your bangs that bad.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I also have an irrational pro star twinkle bias

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
whats the pitch for fresh. hugtto was always gonna be my first bc a friend went completely precure psychotic over it when it aired.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shoutout to the ep of yes 5 gogo where there's a locked room mystery about who ate a cake complete with a floor plan of the house and everyone presenting their alibis

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Kwyndig posted:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Meowywitch posted:

hey do you all ever watch anime together???

I still haven't forgiven netflix for removing the party watch feature from the Xbox 360.

Genuinely surprised the local anime club is still active after 25 years though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

whats the pitch for fresh. hugtto was always gonna be my first bc a friend went completely precure psychotic over it when it aired.
fresh is the most like 90s shoujo precure i think, in terms of char design and vibes, and its got the best rival magical girl -> good girl arc in the franchise imo. there's also a fair few eps and scenes directed by rie matsumoto, so even though it isnt really a super lavishly animated series its got some eps that look really nice. its mostly just the one whose vibe i clicked with the most. the mascot being a married mid-40s weasel is really funny.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

what's a good intro to precure

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
cure yell just kneecapped the motw with a steel beam.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Endorph posted:

fresh is the most like 90s shoujo precure i think, in terms of char design and vibes, and its got the best rival magical girl -> good girl arc in the franchise imo. there's also a fair few eps and scenes directed by rie matsumoto, so even though it isnt really a super lavishly animated series its got some eps that look really nice. its mostly just the one whose vibe i clicked with the most. the mascot being a married mid-40s weasel is really funny.

this sounds pretty good yeah.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

lol what the gently caress discotek got charlie moistcritikal in lovely complex

E: https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1714116065922634224?s=20

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I rank Go Princess and Kira Kira as top tier Precure too for different reasons, Go Go as it has great action and Minami's gay. Kira Kira for Cure Macaroon and Chocolate

Doki Doki could of been great if it didn't have the worst mid season twist and mid season arc ever

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
pissard

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Southern Cassowary posted:

they're all unrelated just whatever one appeals to you or what's easiest to watch. hirogaru is currently airing and on crunchy I think? it's very good. crunchy I don't think has anything older than a couple seasons back though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kwyndig posted:

In real life bangs will fix themselves in no time, but in middle school it lasts forever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the pitch for healin' good precure is that its the most insane season of precure ever made because it was a series where the bad guys were viruses and wanted to make the world ill, that aired right as covid started, so the entire plot becomes an insane nightmare as it tries to reroute its basic premise before giving up,

and then it ends on an epilogue ep where the animals of the fairy mascot kingdom all agree that they'll annihilate humanity if they don't live in harmony with nature

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ohtori Akio posted:

its indecent to do that except in private.

it's fun to watch anime with my wife but she doesnt want to watch it all the time, ,,

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

wtf

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

To be fair, this character is supposed to sound bad, it's the joke

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

To be fair, this character is supposed to sound bad, it's the joke

yeah, no, I get it, but

what

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Southern Cassowary posted:

heartcatch has a cool artstyle and some of the more 'shonen' type plotting, but its a pretty slow start

hirogaru this season is good, but has a baby. the baby is in every episode.

tropical rouge is consistently pretty funny

yes is probably the most archetypal but it has a s2 so its 100 eps if you want the whole show

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

we like the baby

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ive only seen 4 precures including the current but id rank them star twinkle > hirogaru sky > heartcatch > tropical rouge

heartcatch has very good style and action though so its reputation as the good for non-precure audiences precure makes sense

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i heavily dislike babies

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Harry rules

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
utena has programmed me to fear inexplicable anime towers so the hugtto architecture is creating deep anxiety.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the heartcatch precure movie owns

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

i heavily dislike babies
don't watch hugtto then there's a lot of, we're collectively this babys mommy, episodes. hirogaru, the baby mostly does her own thing (until she becomes a precure)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yes, Heartcatch and Star Twinkle are all really good movies and amazing Precure movies

Elle is pretty great and probably best Precure baby ever

Endorph posted:

the pitch for healin' good precure is that its the most insane season of precure ever made because it was a series where the bad guys were viruses and wanted to make the world ill, that aired right as covid started, so the entire plot becomes an insane nightmare as it tries to reroute its basic premise before giving up,

and then it ends on an epilogue ep where the animals of the fairy mascot kingdom all agree that they'll annihilate humanity if they don't live in harmony with nature

You forgot that just before the covid shut down the introduced a new bad guy that was a rat and then sure as hell quickly wrote him out of the series

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 17, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you know a magical girl movie is really good when they make sure the bad guy looks like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
shinzo abe content ftw.