Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Arivia posted:

can we just like, obliterate hockey parents as an idea. that seems like it would fix a lot of problems.

And wipe out what’s left of the Canadian economy? Maybe it would make housing cheaper.

I deal with a lot of hockey parents and it really seems to be a smaller percentage of the problem parents than there used to be? One is still too many though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps are doing the needed, especially with Backstrom. Here’s the lines at practice:

Ovechkin-Strome-Wilson
McMichael-Kuznetsov-Oshie
Milano-Backstrom-Phillips
Malenstyn-Protas-Mantha

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The debate about whether Breaking Free would be a good goal song is over.

https://twitter.com/crossswordspod/status/1714430794268106905?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

It’s good

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

https://twitter.com/TimCPeel20/status/1714262597741002890

Number 1 this move rocks

Number 2: Roenick and Tim Peel together is super cursed goddamn

lmao what are they going to look at? Instituting minimum speed limits or some poo poo?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mike_V posted:

lmao what are they going to look at? Instituting minimum speed limits or some poo poo?

On the radio today legit heard SHOT CLOCK

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

On the radio today legit heard SHOT CLOCK

I think that would be hilarious if they also took out the must continually skate forwards part.

That penalty shot was awesome and I can't believe he didn't do anything but backup and give him an angle.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The secret to stopping that penalty shot is not being an idiot and poke checking the guy

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

The secret to stopping that penalty shot is not being an idiot and poke checking the guy

I've been picturing MAF dealing with this all day. He'd have probably continued that poke into the skates. Gone 3/3 in trips this month.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jhet posted:

I've been picturing MAF dealing with this all day. He'd have probably continued that poke into the skates. Gone 3/3 in trips this month.

MAF would have skated out and met him half way.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

News:

https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/1714444062047060308

Views: Back, baby

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
The league should have an "and 1" rule where if a player draws a penalty but still scores, the team gets a 1-minute powerplay.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Furnaceface posted:

MAF would have skated out and met him half way.

WHAT WAS HE SUPPOSED TO DO ???

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/ArponBasu/status/1714448156165882258?s=19

it is impossible for the Habs to be healthy ever again

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

MononcQc posted:

I’m convinced Bergevin wished for the cup final on the monkey’s paw.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/1714030959279087726

Dan Patrick had a very nice tribute to Barry Melrose :unsmith:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MononcQc posted:

It was a fun 2 games. Shut 'er down.

e: Dach's done for the season. Torn MCL and ACL. gently caress everything.

neoaxd fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 18, 2023

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

AntiDepressor posted:

I’m convinced Bergevin wished for the cup final on the monkey’s paw.

Dach is out for the season now lol

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Undisciplined, garbage 60 minutes out of the habs tonight. I didn't have high hopes for them this season, but if they're gonna play like this while racking up the same pace of improbable injuries as last year then they're going to be back in lottery contention in no time.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I love how the habs started the game by allowing 2 short handed goals on the same powerplay. This has been one of worse powerplays in the league for what, 10 years? Yeesh.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Propaganda Hour posted:

Undisciplined, garbage 60 minutes out of the habs tonight. I didn't have high hopes for them this season, but if they're gonna play like this while racking up the same pace of improbable injuries as last year then they're going to be back in lottery contention in no time.

I need to know whats the tank slogan for this years #1 i havent followed

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Has anyone told Seattle they're supposed to score goals

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Cale Makar fastest defenseman to 250 points, took him 241 games, it took Bobby Orr 247

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I love how the habs started the game by allowing 2 short handed goals on the same powerplay. This has been one of worse powerplays in the league for what, 10 years? Yeesh.

Me too. It was fun to watch. The Habs used to be a fun opponent, but the last few years since the finals appearance have just really been sad. They do have some good talent, but they're 2-3 years away from being a fun team again.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yes, but they refuse to listen. Just like they've been refusing to listen about playing defense the whole of their existence. I wonder if it has something to do with the strategy they use. Who's in charge of that again?

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Is a shooting percentage of 2.4% through 4 games good?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Just in case anyone missed it, ludicrous save from Demko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAY0r7YLkZg

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

aejix posted:

Just in case anyone missed it, ludicrous save from Demko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAY0r7YLkZg

ludicrous indeed. I'm not sick in the head enough to watch Vancouver vs. Philadelphia, so thank you for posting that

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Canucks absolutely squandered a complete gem by Thatcher Demko against the Flyers. This is the team I know and deeply loathe.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Levitate posted:

Also neither here or there but it's a bit weird to me to see Caps fans so salty about Laviolette when he was obviously brought in to try to wring something out of the decaying corpse of that team, not to develop what mid young players the Caps might have.

Letting him go was the right thing to do but the Caps roster just wasn't/isn't that good anymore

What's the alternative? We're supposed to like the guy?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

DancingMachine posted:

Is a shooting percentage of 2.4% through 4 games good?

they tried having the fourth-best shooting percentage in history last year, maybe this year they’re trying for fourth-worst?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

they tried having the fourth-best shooting percentage in history last year, maybe this year they’re trying for fourth-worst?

Regression to the mean.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Matt Zerella posted:

The Rangers goal song is a bunch of Irish Italian Neanderthals from the tri state area yelling "woah" and "hey" and no one gets mad about it, have some pride!
Rangers goal song is the worst. It feels like it's trying way too hard to be a European Soccer or College football chant.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

th3t00t posted:

Rangers goal song is the worst. It feels like it's trying way too hard to be a European Soccer or College football chant.

Hey come on…Hey now. Hey. Hey, Hey, Hey.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Me last night

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

th3t00t posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Me last night

I admire the fortitude of picking a slogan that's basically "if you leave now, you'll beat the traffic"

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Come On Let's CGo

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jack Campbell was rockin last night.

Leon set the Oilers record for PP goals.

Foegele looks like an actual top 6 forward.

McDavid scored another absurd goal.

Nuge looks like 100 wasn't a fluke driving a line.

Oilers are back, baby.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Josh Norris is apparently back tonight for the game against the Caps, after missing basically all of last year and a good chunk of the prior year with a shoulder injury.

Excited to see him resume socking dingers from the right wall on the powerplay again, unless/until his shoulder re-explodes.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Oilers are back, baby.

I went to that game. First time seeing McDavid live. Pretty fun. Thought Draisaitl was the best player on the ice. Made some outrageous passes. Definitely the best passer in the NHL and I don't think anyone else is even that close.

Preds look kinda dire up front. Don't see how they'll make it even if Saaros has a dominant year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

fermun posted:

Cale Makar fastest defenseman to 250 points, took him 241 games, it took Bobby Orr 247

This may seem like I’m trying to take something away from Makar, but I’m not. It’s an impressive achievement to do what he’s done.

Just, Orr didn’t start really scoring until his fourth season. He “only” had 136 points in his first 174 games. Then he began to really dominate with his point totals.

What I’m saying is that I now fully expect Makar to hit 130 this season.