Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I’m good with not being up to date with the discourse on the wider internet, I prefer posting here. If I wanted to talk about jjk with redditors, I’d post on Reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I freaking hate the "discussion" on Reddit. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even reading the same manga.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
like being behind in this situation is still days ahead of the majority of people. Reddit isn't the internet and most people aren't knee deep in theory discussion and chapter analysis

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

like being behind in this situation is still days ahead of the majority of people. Reddit isn't the internet and most people aren't knee deep in theory discussion and chapter analysis

We can agree to disagree with regards to Reddit and Discord being the internet or not that's fine. I can see that this is a sore point in general, my apologies. I'll stop, I'm done, and I'm legitimately sorry that people took it so personally :(

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

We can agree to disagree with regards to Reddit and Discord being the internet or not that's fine. I can see that this is a sore point in general, my apologies. I'll stop, I'm done, and I'm legitimately sorry that people took it so personally :(

I think you're reading way more into this than intended. you got mildly critiqued that's it

as for the Reddit and Discord thing, they are popular but you do realize a lot of those discussion are in English. so it by proxy can not be the majority of discussion on the internet. sorry to burst your bubble

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I try not to talk about leaks or spoilers before any version of the chapter lands, :goku: was a forgivable exception to that though.

I keep up with em every week though, so I've seen bits and pieces of the chapter. Just don't comment on em typically.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Domain expansion: Reddit thread discussion

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ok now that we have thoroughly discussed the meta of this can someone just type up a spoiler summary of this leak thank you.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Or just keep that poo poo elsewhere until we have an actual translated chapter as usual.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also just a quick glance it seems like the only way to read them is to join a discord or piece it together from reddit comments...which nah

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Ok now that we have thoroughly discussed the meta of this can someone just type up a spoiler summary of this leak thank you.

Here is a non-spoiler that none the less spoils enough to understand why people would be amused/annoyed.
We cut away from the fight to something else.

Here is a more detailed spoiler:

We cut to Kenjaku where he is about to fight Takaba, the goofy dude.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 18, 2023

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

Oh good so the rumors of the manga ending are true. Glad to know Kenjaku will get wrapped up in parallel with sukuna.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would prefer we get early chapter and bars. I have been guilty of doing the same excited leak posting but realized it was dumb.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

https://twitter.com/SavinTheBees/status/1714364678409781520

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
i changed my mind lets go back to talking about leaks

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Conspiratiorist posted:

Precisely that, cursed tools and abilities/techniques like Domain Amplification, or forcing Domain Battles where Limitless would be cancelled out and it's down to grit, and this is without getting into the existence of CTs that like Sukuna's could potentially be adapted to bypass the working principles of Limitless.

Note how Miguel, a sorcerer without a cursed technique or any remarkable qualities besides excellent jujutsu combat basics, kept Gojo busy for the entirety of the Night Parade incident on his own with the aid of a CT-disrupting cursed tool, and even managed to give him the slip (through Six Eyes) once he'd exhausted his weapon and chose to withdraw.

Though he retracted it in the end, Sukuna calling Gojo mediocre during their fight was an indictment on his fundamental skill as a sorcerer - relying on the energy efficiency granted by Six Eyes to abuse the raw offensive/defensive power of Limitless wasn't impressive to a sorcerer who reached "the truth" of jujutsu through self-improvement. Gojo on the other hand was born literally blessed by Fate, and without the need or ambition to reach greater heights ended up stagnating.

See, I don't think this really stands up to scrutiny. Domain Amplification is a trick we've seen used over and over, even by Sukuna, and yet never worked on Gojo and never inflicted lasting damage, domain expansion battles are probably also something he wouldn't really have to fear considering he could go toe to toe with Sukuna and only lost because Sukuna had an open domain, something that doesn't appear to have been anywhere near common even in the Heian era (we only know of two jujutsu sorcerers who can do that, the second greatest barrier user and the king of curses).

I also wouldn't particularly look at the Miguel fight as an example of Gojo being serious, considering that was literally a situation that Gojo partially engineered to make sure Yuta would grow as a sorcerer.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It is for certain that Gojo wasn't going all out on Miguel due to him not using Domain Expansion to just circumvent Miguel's cursed tool nor hitting him with hollow purple and destroying him entirely. I think even Miguel himself recognized that he got softballed during his fight. If we had more credible cursed tools that could touch Gojo it might have been good for the story to have those sitting around but the only one that could have worked got destroyed during the hidden inventory arc.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Sukuna “gave” Gojo the advantage in ctc during their domain battle once he switched strategies to using Maharaga’s adaption. A risky maneuver that allowed Gojo to snowball and led to Sukuna getting hit with Unlimited Void. Gojo was thinking something was off and was wondering what Sukuna was doing until Mahoraga popped out.

Sukuna had other options to win, but none of them tackled the problem of overcoming Limitless through the advancement of his technique.

I think Sukuna answered the self identity question posed by Geto that was plaguing Gojo for years. It’s also implied that Gojo is built different even beyond the standards of previous Limitless/6 eye users since he basically destroyed the strongest 10 Shadows user in history while his predecessor only eked out with a tie. He seemed pretty fulfilled.

yum fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 18, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Oh man, that sucks since we know what the outcome is going to be there

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

yum posted:

Sukuna “gave” Gojo the advantage in ctc during their domain battle once he switched strategies to using Maharaga’s adaption. A risky maneuver that allowed Gojo to snowball and led to Sukuna getting hit with Unlimited Void. Gojo was thinking something was off and was wondering what Sukuna was doing until Mahoraga popped out.

Sukuna had other options to win, but none of them tackled the problem of overcoming Limitless through the advancement of his technique.

I mean, yeah, Sukuna should probably have focused on breaking the barrier from inside when Gojo had switched conditions but that's not... something I was really contesting? The point is more that Gojo's domain is actually not just insanely powerful in terms of effects but has straight-up been stated multiple times within the story to be of an extremely high level in terms of refinement. What exactly that means has always been kept hazy, but in practice it translates to Gojo winning most domain clashes.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I mean, yeah, Sukuna should probably have focused on breaking the barrier from inside when Gojo had switched conditions but that's not... something I was really contesting? The point is more that Gojo's domain is actually not just insanely powerful in terms of effects but has straight-up been stated multiple times within the story to be of an extremely high level in terms of refinement. What exactly that means has always been kept hazy, but in practice it translates to Gojo winning most domain clashes.

I misinterpreted the conversation, oops! I agree with you, Gojo is the most impressive modern sorcerer. His downfall was the lack of competition and overall experience.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I gotta be real with ya'll. I have a hard time following what the hell is going on in this manga

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The art has definitely been not great lately

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7527/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-239?date=19-10-2023-12

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If Kenjaku gets pummeled by Plot Device Comedy Man Id love it

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Takaba is right, the comedy relief guy clowning the big villain is always a great moment, I hope it happens here too.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Are people just desperate because my entire feed right now is people convinced that Kenjaku using a curse to cut off/block that dude's RCT is the author telling us that Gojo healed himself offscreen and is alive.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I can think of no better way for Kenjaku to be defeated than by the comedy relief side character that everyone immediately wrote off.

Defeated as in incapacitated, since Tabata has a policy against killing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
comedy is easy, dying is hard

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Very excited for JJK toon force character to start dropping anvils on the main bad guy.

Also explicit confirmation this chapter that Uiui’s technique is teleportation.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

drat, explosion dude died right when his possible new best buddy came to gently caress Kenjaku up. Also interesting in that Takaba most likely just appeared on that stretch of road because Kenjaku didn't detect him at all. Like one moment he's sitting in a room being told where Kenjaku is, then he thinks of a silly running gag and next second he's on that road.

Still no good answer to how Gojo didn't see that last hit coming.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Gege remains undefeated introduces a new female character and then immediately kills her lol BUT i will give him a lot of credit if Takaba destroys Geto

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Kinda can't help but wonder if Takaba got spirited away to fight Kenjaku to explicitly avoid a situation like "wow it would be funny if Gojo just got up and was fine" or "jeez wouldn't it be hilarious if Yuji oneshot Sukuna after all this bullshit," but if he actually does something here and Gege isn't just setting him up to be removed from the plot, I like it

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

great face

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
I don't think Takaba can win for the same reason Gojo couldn't win-- the villains have plot armor right now, there literally couldn't be a story if Kenjaku lost here. Takaba might get some respect for putting up a fight and that's it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Kenjaku’s about to get a two finger colonoscopy

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Takaba winning would be funny, but the funniest possible outcome would be Kenjaku thinking "whoa this CT is loving busted I want this body", him body hopping to Takaba and then realizing the technique doesn't work at will :allears:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Kenjaku gonna turn the tables by revealing he spent several decades moonlighting as a rakugo performer or something so he can out-joke-logic takaba

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I doubt he’ll win however Geto keeps talking about how he’s kind of doing the Tengen merge because he thinks it’s funny. His fight v Choso he said something like “it would be funny if humanity merged with tengen and it looked like a silly face~. So in a weird way this fight fits.

My theory for this fight is it will serve as a “true intention” reveal, and the gang may very abruptly jump him once that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah, there's no way Takaba is winning here because it would be too cool of a writing twist to have a major series antagonist taken out by a side character. So we have to have the funny guy lose so like, somebody far more boring can punch Kenjaku to death.