Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Thanks for the answers. I guess they just have "go away heat" with me as they say in wrestling and I just don't get it, but it wouldn't be the first thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Freakshow fights sell tickets regardless of if the ending is determined in the ring or predredetermined like boxing.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
What are the coolest wrestling masks? The Sin Cara mask without the eyeholes was cool but I can imagine it was annoying to wrestle in.

Will accept Vader's power armour as an answer.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Taffy Torpedo posted:

What are the coolest wrestling masks? The Sin Cara mask without the eyeholes was cool but I can imagine it was annoying to wrestle in.

imo

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Jyushin Thunder Liger, Hayabusa, Tiger Mask, Great Sasuke, various Great Muta masks down the years.

I’m not knowledgeable on Lucha but I can add that few things look cooler than a luchador in a three-piece suit and mask.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

drat that rules

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

That kicks rear end

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Taffy Torpedo posted:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Black Taurus has an awesome mask that seems really uncomfortable to wrestle in and I don't know how he manages it. I also really like LA Park's mask. Liger is definitely in the conversation too.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Super Dragon, Ophidian, and Tinieblas are favorites.

And of course, my favorite boy, Ultramantis Black. He has a lot of great variations but my favorite was always the simple black-and-white.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I always liked Mil Muertes, the Man of a Thousand Deaths.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Penta El 0M
Penta El Zero
Penta El Zero M
Penta El Zero Miedo
Penta Oscuro
Pentagón Dark
Pentagón El 0M
Pentagón Jr.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

he was a terrible luchador but sicodelico had a cool mask

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

All skeleton masks are cool, this is true.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Ultimo Dragon and Tiger Mask are easy favorites. Rey Mysterio is up there purely because of how many different variations of it there have been.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Supér Calo has a mask with sunglasses and a backwards Kangol hat, it doesn’t get much cooler than that

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

Actually this reminds me Drago's mask was (is? idk what he's up to) cool as poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

he was a terrible luchador but sicodelico had a cool mask

he reminds me of a discontinued snack product. anyone remember this? anybody know about this shint?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cavauro posted:

he reminds me of a discontinued snack product. anyone remember this? anybody know about this shint?

this wasnt very satisfying or good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm glad you know about it. we went through some of the same things together

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I remember it being excessively chewy.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
there was this super good fruit snack called wrinkles or something? like little raisin-sized wrinkly things. came in a white pouch. they were excellent

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It looks like a really inconvenient fruit roll up

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

yeah i remember those, they were pretty mid

i was all in on soda-licious tho

History Comes Inside! posted:

It looks like a really inconvenient fruit roll up

basically yeah, they came in various shapes on a white piece of cardboard and you unravelled it. excessively chewy, kinda tasted like the cardboard

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mutoh dropping the facepaint and wearing masks instead when he was playing Muta was such a great decision.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

graph posted:

there was this super good fruit snack called wrinkles or something? like little raisin-sized wrinkly things. came in a white pouch. they were excellent

I loved those as a kid

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

harperdc posted:

I’m not knowledgeable on Lucha but I can add that few things look cooler than a luchador in a three-piece suit and mask.

One of my favorite things about Santo movies is seeing him wear the mask with 70s-dad casualwear.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Oh gently caress how did I forget about Super Dragon

BDA posted:

One of my favorite things about Santo movies is seeing him wear the mask with 70s-dad casualwear.

Yeah this is extremely what I was thinking of

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The one good thing about the final season of Chikara was One-Eyed Jack's mask.

Looked cool on its own, but was really unsettling to see when he was wrestling.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gavok posted:

The one good thing about the final season of Chikara was One-Eyed Jack's mask.

Looked cool on its own, but was really unsettling to see when he was wrestling.

Is that Lady Frost?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yup.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

neoaxd posted:

Is that Lady Frost?

And her husband, yes.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I recently discovered the Observer Rewinds 92-01 and loved reading through those.

The brother who did them mentions on that fellow redditor did the same for 80's observers and another one did for the MMA ones.

I could not find them on google, so my questions is are they still available and did somebody make them in epub format?

Love reading them on my ebook reader

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

How many Good/Popular tag teams have split up and both members had successful careers after? The first one that pops into my head is Edge and Christian, though Christian's took a bit longer I think. The Hardy's, probably? The definition of successful can be pretty nebulous in wrestling so I leave it up to the responder.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

How many Good/Popular tag teams have split up and both members had successful careers after? The first one that pops into my head is Edge and Christian, though Christian's took a bit longer I think. The Hardy's, probably? The definition of successful can be pretty nebulous in wrestling so I leave it up to the responder.

I'm just going to quote my answer from when you last asked this question

SG Bamboo posted:

Golden Lovers
KentaFuji
Misawa and Kawada

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

satoshi kojima and hiroyoshi tenzan

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

drew mcintyre and jinder mahal

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kevin steen and el generico would have been a good example had el generico not immediately retire to go run an orphanage in his hometown of tijuana

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Such a shame Generico got gunned down on the street outside his orphanage shortly after returning to Mexico

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Omega/Hangman