Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
“Gundam kits never go out of print” was somewhat true when there were only a few hundred of them (i.e. 30 years ago), but that is not even remotely the case now. If something hasn’t been reissued in ten or more years, what else is there to call it but “out of print?” And at this point, the number of kits that have been unavailable for that long is probably in the hundreds itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

The thing is, if it's an old kit would you WANT to build it? If you have to fill a hole in your collection I understand but a lot of old kits have issues just because of the engineering of the time, etc etc.

Don't reissue, update. And do poo poo in a better scale or grade. There's kits that never made it out of HG 1/144 that I'm sure we would all like.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP CritsBigSausage. Bandai hitmen work fast.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

what a rollercoaster that was, rip to all involved and I look forward to buying bootleg bits. just got a notif that my surug free shipping order should be here in like a week, is that abnormally fast or am i underestimating the power of global commerce or whatever.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is it DHL they're using? That's typically really fast.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Blackchamber posted:

The thing is, if it's an old kit would you WANT to build it? If you have to fill a hole in your collection I understand but a lot of old kits have issues just because of the engineering of the time, etc etc.

Don't reissue, update. And do poo poo in a better scale or grade. There's kits that never made it out of HG 1/144 that I'm sure we would all like.

I would absolutely love a new HGUC perfect zeong (It is, inexplicably, one of my top favorite designs right up there with the efreet custom), but it's incredibly unlikely to happen any time soon. I bet it'll be pbandai exclusive or some poo poo if it does, too. Much like a new HGFC Devil Gundam kit. Updating and redesigning a ton of old things would be wonderful, but until that happens I'd settle for having easier access to all the old poo poo, personally.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

right up there with the efreet custom

D'ja read the original Blue Destiny back in the day? I think that was the first manga I ever bought, and I like the Dom to this day because of those guys in the middle of the story.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/landlordeath/status/1714983863150100810

They reuploaded it to Mega.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Phy posted:

D'ja read the original Blue Destiny back in the day? I think that was the first manga I ever bought, and I like the Dom to this day because of those guys in the middle of the story.

Not until somewhat recently, actually. I didn't even know there was a manga until looking into it more online! I had a friend who, to this day in fact, was an adamant sega fan and it was through them I found out about and played the blue destiny game. I've always liked the designs of the bulkier mono-eyed suits like the dom and gouf though, and the efreet is like a combo domgouf, and while most efreet designs are rad, the efreet custom manages to be my personal favorite of them all with its ridiculous dual wield heat sabers.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The internet is forever.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
mega does copyright takedowns
to really last forever and be immune to bandai's copyright lawyers youve gotta distribute it in torrent form

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
oh good. i was annoyed because i saw it this morning on my phone, but by the time i'd gotten home bandai had killed the google drive link and any copies on drive.
now it's safely on my hard drive where i can put it on the to-do list and probably forget about it

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Pharact status: pretty neat

c-clip feet are a little weird and i dont quite understand why they chose to use them, but thats okay, i have an action stand.

also i'm realizing that when i get around to panel lining i will need to actually get a black marker instead of a grey one for him, huh.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Suruga-ya is running free shipping again and I'm a weak person when it comes to deals, so three more kits are en route. :cripes:

I didn't plan on building basically every WfM kit, but at these prices how could I not! I'm going to be set for the next two years.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I'm up to five different Aerial kits on-hand, shipping, or pre-ordered. It's a great suit and I'm glad Bandai is getting their money's worth from G-Witch but someday I'll have to figure out how to display all of these.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

redstormpopcorn posted:

I'm up to five different Aerial kits on-hand, shipping, or pre-ordered. It's a great suit and I'm glad Bandai is getting their money's worth from G-Witch but someday I'll have to figure out how to display all of these.

paint them each a different color, a rainbow of Aerials.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
It's one each of the
Base model (+ Mirasol kit)
Rebuild
Full Mechanics
Black/blue Recirculation variant
Clear shell kit I just ordered from Suruga-ya

At this point I guess I just hope for a Figure-rise Prospera/Eri kit and set up a little family portrait diorama :v:

e: poo poo I forgot I also have the SDEX kit, why can't I hold all these Aerials

redstormpopcorn fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 21, 2023

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

having access to an eleven dollar, free shipping aerial rebuild is just unfair to me and my finances

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Prof. Banks posted:

Suruga-ya is running free shipping again and I'm a weak person when it comes to deals, so three more kits are en route. :cripes:

I didn't plan on building basically every WfM kit, but at these prices how could I not! I'm going to be set for the next two years.
god drat you :shepspends:

...well, this time im using paypal, so maybe they won't cancel my order. I got the Beguir Beu, Beguir Pente, Aerial Rebuild, Lfrith, and a Demi Trainer Options Set (because it works for multiple kits and because Big Chaingun). Tragically they don't seem to have Lfrith Ur??

(I also didnt originally plan on getting every WFM kit but like. they're all really cool and good quality and the box art is beautiful and-)

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Prof. Banks posted:

Even though my order last week was cancelled, I decided to try again.

Hopefully I'll be getting the RG GaoGaiGar & RG Goldymarg together for a cool $90.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I haven't had a chance to sit down and work on a kit since June but my Neo Zeong is getting here on Monday and I'm moving to my our new place on Halloween so I've been busy with packin. Anway, I can't wait to have my station set up to start cracking on my embarrassing backlog. You can't exactly see the kit breakdown but it gives you a good idea of the size of it.

Three of these big rear end totes, another 2'x2'x2' cardboard box with kits plus the Psycho Zaku and Penelope that don't fit in totes lol

The only other one left to come is Rose. I haven't preordered any another kit in a good 6 months.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Blaziken386 posted:

Tragically they don't seem to have Lfrith Ur??

I was also bummed about this. calibarn was always a longshot lol. also the flight unit looks to be sold out :smith:

technically off topic but if it were like ten or fifteen bucks cheaper I'd throw in a cool char quattro figure

e: gently caress me the lfrith sold out in the time I was dawdling, guess I'll just go with the rebuild aerial!

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 21, 2023

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

slicing up eyeballs posted:

I was also bummed about this. calibarn was always a longshot lol. also the flight unit looks to be sold out :smith:

technically off topic but if it were like ten or fifteen bucks cheaper I'd throw in a cool char quattro figure
i checked again with out of stock toggled and i did find the listing for Calibarn, Schwartzette, and Lfrith Ur, they're just all sold out

...calibard and schwartzette weren't sold out when they cancelled my first order though :argh:

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Blaziken386 posted:

god drat you :shepspends:

:tipshat:

Keep at it, they seem to go in and out of stock constantly. I just have what I'm interested in in a wishlist and my new strategy is whenever there are three things on there I pounce on them. The Ur, Schwartzette, Calibarn, and Miorine in turn have kept going OOS before I complete an order. The Ur pops up fairly frequently, but the others I've only seen in stock a couple of times.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Just scored the Calibarn and Ur! Unfortunately those were the only ones they had in stock, but keep at it!

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

just got an ur! and scooped up the lil msg vector thruster A pack. sorely tempted by the sleggar gm

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

slicing up eyeballs posted:

just got an ur! and scooped up the lil msg vector thruster A pack. sorely tempted by the sleggar gm

Do it. :evilbuddy: One of those and the Doan's Zaku are in my second order. P-bandai for at/sub p-bandai prices and without the added +40-50% tax that is p-bandai shipping is hard to pass up.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

next model's here

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

next model's here

I've had the original version of that for years, maybe next year will be the year I actually put it together and paint it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Mr E posted:

I've had the original version of that for years, maybe next year will be the year I actually put it together and paint it.

I sourced an original but it cost a fortune and I didn't really want to paint the camo onto it

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Buck Wildman posted:

next model's here

oh dang, that was the first model kit i bought

...i've only completed the legs because i did a little bit and realized i needed more experience to make it look good, so i bought an easy gunpla. and then i bought like 5 more gunpla. whoops.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I scooped the Eclipse Manuever Striker and the RG Hi-Nu mega bazooka. $30 each, and delivered in less than a week instead of half a year out.

Life is good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has Bandai ever done an HG equivalent gunpla line for Armored Cores? I'd love to see an AC6 Basho kit.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Koto's had the AC license since Gen 3 I think

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are the Koto kits any good? I'm really only familiar with 6 cus I'm a tourist.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Arc Hammer posted:

Are the Koto kits any good? I'm really only familiar with 6 cus I'm a tourist.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678195&userid=193149&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post526929243

I don't think they're as bad as some people say but they're definitely not Bandai grade in terms of ease of build or non-fragility

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

The p bandai Gundam Rose is so much nicer than the ancient Gundam Rose kit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arc Hammer posted:

Has Bandai ever done an HG equivalent gunpla line for Armored Cores? I'd love to see an AC6 Basho kit.

That's basically the 30MM line really.

Iriscoral
Apr 9, 2023

为人民服务
Kotobukiya's plastic is def. less consistent than Bandai's, but in general the problem with the AC kits is more that they come from a time where the company as a whole wasn't just as good in the model kit department. The latest Koto kits over the past two years are all pretty decent to great, although you do get the odd break here and there. My Asra Tamanonomae's hair joint just broke and I'm still swooping about for a replacement.

Iriscoral fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Koto's quality is uneven. I haven't built a Zoids kit but people tend to swear by them. Most of the kits I have from Koto are Muv-Luv and SRW ones and they're very basic. They're better than just two halves sandwiching the joints, but sometimes only barely. They'll either not have the parts separation for small details, or have parts separation but each individual part is tiny and easy to lose, etc. Stuff that'd would be practically unforgivable in a modern Bandai kit. Grossly generalizing, but what you see is what you get, rather than clever tricks to make it easier to build/less likely to lose tiny bits.