Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here’s the full Frozen Frenzy schedule, note the ESPN only games:

Frozen Frenzy schedule
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Washington Capitals – 6:00 pm (ESPN)
Anaheim Ducks vs. Columbus Blue Jackets – 6:30 pm
Buffalo Sabres vs. Ottawa Senators – 6:45 pm
Carolina Hurricanes vs. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:00 pm
New Jersey Devils vs. Montreal Canadiens – 7:15 pm
Dallas Stars vs. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7:30 pm
San Jose Sharks vs. Florida Panthers – 7:45 pm
Colorado Avalanche vs. New York Islanders – 8:00 pm
Seattle Kraken vs. Detroit Red Wings – 8:15 pm
Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks – 8:30 pm (ESPN)
St. Louis Blues vs. Winnipeg Jets – 8:45 pm
Edmonton Oilers vs. Minnesota Wild – 9:00 pm
Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators – 9:15 pm
New York Rangers vs. Calgary Flames – 9:45 pm
Arizona Coyotes vs. Los Angeles Kings – 10:30 pm
Philadelphia Flyers vs. Vegas Golden Knights 11:00 pm (ESPN)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Who the gently caress decided to start a game at 11pm ET

I guess it's perfect for people to get to see the Phillies lose to one desert team and then immediately go into seeing the Flyers lose to another

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The NHL rightly gets shat on when they schedule 4 games on a day all starting at the exact same time. This is them doing the complete opposite so props to them.

If the price for that is some games at inconvenient start times (for some viewers) then so be it.

Also given Vegas are 6-0, I’m sure any Philly fans can probably still go to bed by 11:30 knowing the result.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'll watch hockey until 3am on a weeknight I don't give a gently caress. What do I have to do tomorrow? Work? Pfffft

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

triple sulk posted:

Who the gently caress decided to start a game at 11pm ET

I guess it's perfect for people to get to see the Phillies lose to one desert team and then immediately go into seeing the Flyers lose to another

The same ones that decide to schedule games for 4pm PT on a weekday. Duh.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

that schedule is already ruined

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1716924915302191601?s=46

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

VOTE1 posted:

The NHL rightly gets shat on when they schedule 4 games on a day all starting at the exact same time. This is them doing the complete opposite so props to them.

If the price for that is some games at inconvenient start times (for some viewers) then so be it.

Tbf, they've been very good about this in the 1st rounds of playoffs in the ESPN/TNT era. They no longer have games starting at the exact same time when it truly matters (except in rare instances). NBC didn't give a poo poo.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I actually really like the staggered start times I dunno if people complaining are actually serious

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I actually really like the staggered start times I dunno if people complaining are actually serious

My complaining is only serious when they put puck drop for a dumb time for the people going to the rink for it.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I just want minimum 4 games a night

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jhet posted:

My complaining is only serious when they put puck drop for a dumb time for the people going to the rink for it.

I'm going to the Caps game and it involved leaving work at 4pm instead of 5. No complaints.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

ESPN will now nuke Columbus in return. Apple shows the Crew & Fox shows the Buckeyes so they have no reason to talk about them ever again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm going to the Caps game and it involved leaving work at 4pm instead of 5. No complaints.

Gonna lol all night long if Toronto loses, cause we suck major rear end.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Gonna lol all night long if Toronto loses, cause we suck major rear end.

Toronto sports teams are some of the best at finding ways to lose easily winnable games. Expect an Ovechkin hat trick tonight.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Furnaceface posted:

Toronto sports teams are some of the best at finding ways to lose easily winnable games. Expect an Ovechkin hat trick tonight.

I'm expecting a Tom Wilson hat trick tonight

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
A goal, a fight, and a headshot?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I picked the side of the arena Toronto shoots on twice because I'm expecting the Caps to get fuckin shelled

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

rex rabidorum vires posted:

A goal, a fight, and a headshot?

All on the same shift

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cartoon Man posted:

Here’s the full Frozen Frenzy schedule, note the ESPN only games:

Frozen Frenzy schedule
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Washington Capitals – 6:00 pm (ESPN)
Anaheim Ducks vs. Columbus Blue Jackets – 6:30 pm
Buffalo Sabres vs. Ottawa Senators – 6:45 pm
Carolina Hurricanes vs. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7:00 pm
New Jersey Devils vs. Montreal Canadiens – 7:15 pm
Dallas Stars vs. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7:30 pm
San Jose Sharks vs. Florida Panthers – 7:45 pm
Colorado Avalanche vs. New York Islanders – 8:00 pm
Seattle Kraken vs. Detroit Red Wings – 8:15 pm
Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks – 8:30 pm (ESPN)
St. Louis Blues vs. Winnipeg Jets – 8:45 pm
Edmonton Oilers vs. Minnesota Wild – 9:00 pm
Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators – 9:15 pm
New York Rangers vs. Calgary Flames – 9:45 pm
Arizona Coyotes vs. Los Angeles Kings – 10:30 pm
Philadelphia Flyers vs. Vegas Golden Knights 11:00 pm (ESPN)

Why is there no 9:30 EDT start?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Cus they've gotta talk about Bedard for an hour straight

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
They should move that Columbus game to 8:45 and then bump back the next 3 games by 15 minutes each. Salvage this thing, dammit.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i don't know whether to be impressed or disappointed that it was a fringe player making the weakest possible stand (he basically said it's one time only because he didn't want to get blacklisted) while all the stars did nothing

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh, it's worse than that.

They did it because Scotiabank pressured them. That's right, a bank is the good guy here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Has anybody ever used Bally Plus to watch that sport with the ice and pucks and if so would you recommend it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

Has anybody ever used Bally Plus to watch that sport with the ice and pucks and if so would you recommend it?

Competitive urinal pissing?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Caps are loving snakebit and watching them is torture.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm gonna call myself snake bit as I get old as gently caress too

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

I'm gonna call myself snake bit as I get old as gently caress too

I sneezed while standing the wrong way and now my back hurts I’m just snakebite

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Bally has a giant ticker/scoreboard covering a good chunk of the bottom of the screen that they never turn off so if you like that,

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Where is Frozen Frenzy being shown? I have Caps/Tronnah its 3 goals on 8 shots on ESPN and CFB talk on ESPN2.

MJeff posted:

I just use the regular stream with my Spectrum login when I'm on the road. The little bugs showing who's on the ice and their ice time are a nice feature.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Where is Frozen Frenzy being shown? I have Caps/Tronnah its 3 goals on 8 shots on ESPN and CFB talk on ESPN2.

I just use the regular stream with my Spectrum login when I'm on the road. The little bugs showing who's on the ice and their ice time are a nice feature.

Online only through their app I think.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
right now Frozen Frenzy is on ESPN+ and starts at 8 ET on ESPN2 I think

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

This would be cool if they spent more time actually showing loving hockey instead of jacking off about how interesting they are.

ed: I guess it's because it switched over to the network at 8

BRAKE FOR MOOSE fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 25, 2023

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I’ve been watching since 7, and…it’s very good. They absolutely need to find a way to do this more often. It doesn’t have to be all 32 teams - just pick a day in the week and make sure 10 or 12 games are playing that night. Stagger the starts, let it rip.

If they turned say, Wednesdays into frozen frenzy night or whatever it would own. Too bad the NHL sucks poo poo and probably won’t do it. Hopefully the ratings are good enough that espn pushes for it.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I’ve been watching since 7, and…it’s very good. They absolutely need to find a way to do this more often. It doesn’t have to be all 32 teams - just pick a day in the week and make sure 10 or 12 games are playing that night. Stagger the starts, let it rip.

If they turned say, Wednesdays into frozen frenzy night or whatever it would own. Too bad the NHL sucks poo poo and probably won’t do it. Hopefully the ratings are good enough that espn pushes for it.

Why Wednesday over Tuesday? Tuesday/Thursday works much better for the league logistically if they want to load up a weekday and not have too many back to backs.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I almost think there's too many games on at once, it feels a bit to frenetic cutting around.

That said its pretty cool format, more or less highlights.. but its live. I like.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Caps lost but won tonight.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Ottawa sens’d that game so hard at the end. Score 3 goals in the last few minutes to bring the game back to 5-4, get a PP with just over 30 seconds left, and then immediately cough up the puck for an empty net goal for Buffalo to ice it. Couldn’t think of a more Sens finish if I tried. Give the fans a glimmer of hope, and then come through with the disappointment.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Broken hand for David Savard. Out 6-8 weeks.
I guess the lesson is: Don't block a slapshot from Tage Thompson with your hand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

neoaxd posted:

Broken hand for David Savard. Out 6-8 weeks.
I guess the lesson is: Don't block a slapshot from Tage Thompson with your hand!

Habs are gunning for another man-games lost record this season