Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Drakkel posted:

nobodies

Kingdom Hearts!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Break week spoilers: No break next week

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Maybe Blackbeard ate the Taotie fruit, and his bottomless stomach is what lets him eat multiple fruits.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

NachtSieger posted:

Kingdom Hearts!?

Marshall D. Cheaxt.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Blackbeard’s voice actor is KH3 Xehonart…oh my god it all fits!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Last Celebration posted:

Blackbeard’s voice actor is KH3 Xehonart…oh my god it all fits!

...dead?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

...dead?

Blackbeard is voiced by Akio Ohtsuka, who took over the role of Xehanort after his father Chikao Ohtsuka's death

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh, it's just the English VAs for Blackbeard and Xehanort who both died

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Sub Harrison posted:

RogerLaughed.jpg

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Drakkel posted:

Clearly wrong, he's got an evil twin with different teeth and nobodies ever seen them both at the same time

It's triplets, and I actually want that theory to be true because the two page spread reveal of Luffy having to fight three Blackbeards would be absolutely sick.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Desumaytah posted:

It's triplets, and I actually want that theory to be true because the two page spread reveal of Luffy having to fight three Blackbeards would be absolutely sick.

OH RIGHT the triplet theory, where the idea is it'd be based on a band of triplet Ottomon pirates where one of the brothers was a pirate first and the other two joined him later on. The theory is Blackbeard uses the Yomi Yomi fruit to hide his brothers inside him who have their own devil fruits, and any time you see him using Whitebeard's devil fruit it's actually one of the brothers sticking their own arm out.

Which doesn't explain how nobody in this world where strong enough people can instantly detect all life signs across an entire island and in some cases literally see the future ever noticed this, or Marco's statement about BB having a "weird body" which comes from knowledge prior to BB ever having eaten the fruit, or why Blackbeard would need to hide the fact he has two identical brothers in the first place, but you know. Fan theories be like that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arist posted:

Oh, it's just the English VAs for Blackbeard and Xehanort who both died

Youtube thumbnail: "BLACKBEARD - CURSED ROLE?" *Face like somebody having a stroke*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also I assure you that Blackbeard was not voiced by Rutger Hauer lmao

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Blackbeard is voiced by Akio Ohtsuka, who took over the role of Xehanort after his father Chikao Ohtsuka's death

Akio was already voicing "Ansem" when he took over as Master Xehanort, so it wasn't that much of a stretch to get him in the booth.

Japanese studios liked to mine the Ohtsuka's relationship for stuff, Chikao voiced Big Boss in MGS4 because Akio was already the voice of Solid Snake (and also Naked Snake and Venom Snake.) Chikao Ohtsuka also voiced Roger which probably influenced Teach's casting.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sub Harrison posted:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Blackbeard is, however, voiced by Christopher Lloyd now.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Drakkel posted:

OH RIGHT the triplet theory, where the idea is it'd be based on a band of triplet Ottomon pirates where one of the brothers was a pirate first and the other two joined him later on. The theory is Blackbeard uses the Yomi Yomi fruit to hide his brothers inside him who have their own devil fruits, and any time you see him using Whitebeard's devil fruit it's actually one of the brothers sticking their own arm out.

Which doesn't explain how nobody in this world where strong enough people can instantly detect all life signs across an entire island and in some cases literally see the future ever noticed this, or Marco's statement about BB having a "weird body" which comes from knowledge prior to BB ever having eaten the fruit, or why Blackbeard would need to hide the fact he has two identical brothers in the first place, but you know. Fan theories be like that.

Much as I like this theory, didn't the manga show him with Darkness power in one hand, Quake fruit in the other at Marineford?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they say if you eat 2 devil fruits at once you'll die

but no one's ever tried eating a devil fruit with their butt before... not before Blackbeard, at least

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Funky Valentine posted:

Blackbeard is, however, voiced by Christopher Lloyd now.

I just watched The Search For Spock yesterday and this is actually perfect.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I just find myself unable to really dislike Blackbeard even though he has done some bad things cause his introduction makes it known that he is clearly awesome. Sitting in the middle of the street drinking rum and eating cherry pie and encouraging our heroes and reminding them that people’s dreams never die. A true bro.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blackbeards just a fun dude to hang out with.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
I do look forward to Blackbeard's tragic flashback.

Fake Edit:
A friend of mine is has caught up to Water7 and I started watching random bits of the arc and got to Marry's funeral. I forget how that scene hits you like a ton of bricks; its not just the funeral its the Straw Hats joyfully declaring the world their enemy, surviving one fight after another where each Strawhat finds their limit and goes past it and finally when corned by the marines they all make a leap of faith and then after some goofy light hearted fun Marry is at their limit and can't go any further. :smith:

side_burned fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 25, 2023

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
That and Merry has been certified unsailable by 3or 4 different world class shipwrights. Followed by CP-9 apparently destroying her. Only for her to show up seemingly fine, and verified sentient. So you're right there with Luffy, gently caress the haters Merry's back.

Then they reach the Water 7 fleet and she literally falls apart.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

mikeycp posted:

Luffy is basically a dog

I think that pirates are like dogs and kind of just do things randomly.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Y'all we already met god. He's been doing his marksman thing for a while now, I'm not sure how you missed him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's true, Luffy can't look up.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

CharlestonJew posted:

they say if you eat 2 devil fruits at once you'll die

but no one's ever tried eating a devil fruit with their butt before... not before Blackbeard, at least

boofing devil fruits helps you awaken quicker

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pyroi posted:

Y'all we already met god. He's been doing his marksman thing for a while now, I'm not sure how you missed him.

It is cool He's such good friends with Usopp.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Where are the crap scans at? Gimme the slop

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Gyges posted:

Maybe Blackbeard ate the Taotie fruit, and his bottomless stomach is what lets him eat multiple fruits.

Maybe he ate the cow fruit, and his four stomachs prevent the devils inside from fighting one another :haw:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Star Platinum posted:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Star Platinum posted:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

It is cool He's such good friends with Usopp.

actually Usopp is the god but he is friends with a king of an island

also

Star Platinum posted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Only kind of related to spoilers going around I'm becoming convinced rocks will have a clown nose.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
make sure ur computer is wearing a hazmat suit before clicking this but the translations good and its clean: https://ragnarokscanlation.com/manga/one-piece-engl/chapter-1096/p/1/

this is so loving grim

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

tbp posted:

make sure ur computer is wearing a hazmat suit before clicking this but the translations good and its clean: https://ragnarokscanlation.com/manga/one-piece-engl/chapter-1096/p/1/

this is so loving grim

This site loads better
https://pewpiece.com/manga/onepiece-english/1069/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

yes, that's why I was confused lol