Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I can't imagine any sequel to It Follows not having massive diminishing returns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I missed Neon Demon chat but I can never pass up an opportunity to say that it rules!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

PriorMarcus posted:

I can't imagine any sequel to It Follows not having massive diminishing returns.

According to the internet, the idea was that it would be about Jay and Paul trying to trace down the chain to see if they can find anyone who knows more about the monster. Which would be different but could be good in a red string and newspaper clippings on the wall, Mark Ruffalo holding a document saying "They knew! They knew the whole time and they lied about it!" kind of way

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Zwabu posted:

What is your favorite segment from Trick 'r Treat?

I can literally only remember the bus crash one (I’m not a big TrT head—expected to like it way more than I did)

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

It Followed. Or comedy option- It’s A Following!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

That plus, and maybe this isn’t the most popular opinion, David Robert Mitchell’s next movie after It Follows was fuckin awful.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

That plus, and maybe this isn’t the most popular opinion, David Robert Mitchell’s next movie after It Follows was fuckin awful.

Under the Silverlake? Yeah, it was loving dire.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
IIt Followed

It Fo2owed

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

IIt Followed

It Fo2owed

They Follow

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The sequel should be the kids trying to get It to gently caress itself

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It vs Chucky

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Chucky would win

His kill streak is unmatched

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

The sequel should be the kids trying to get It to gently caress itself

They get it to perform self-fellatio and the movie is called “It Swallows”

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

Chucky would win

His kill streak is unmatched

My original thought was It vs Jason, but they're both endurance killers, it would be a bit dull. But Chucky's a good matchup. His little doll legs means he can't really run away, he'd have to rely on his wits.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He can run! he’s always tougher than people expect.

Unrelated/but related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgrfvUOOxDI

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
It looking for a name because Pennywise has threatened to sue

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Grendels Dad posted:

It looking for a name because Pennywise has threatened to sue

That’s easy; Sexwalker.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
If you want more It Follows just watch Sole Survivor, it's It Follows meets Final Destination and it's pretty decent

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I had no idea until right now he made Under The Silver Lake lmao. I liked that, it's like if Brick was any good.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

IIt Followed

It Fo2owed

It Follow$

(walks away silently, immediately gets $65 million budget)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
It Follow2
Still Following
Can't Shake Em

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I had no idea until right now he made Under The Silver Lake lmao. I liked that, it's like if Brick was any good.

for me it was more like Inherent Vice for 35+ year olds who creep on 19 year old girls

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

for me it was more like Inherent Vice for 35+ year olds who creep on 19 year old girls
That's a very good way to sum it up.
Moorhead and Benson made a slightly more likeable version called Something in the Dirt.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Lmao

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Oh Lawd, It’s Following

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I think Silver Lake is better than It Follows (which I just rewatched and while still good definitely the sum isn't as good as a few of it's parts); but yea the comparison to something like Inherent Vice is apt and doesn't do Silver Lake any favors.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

I missed Neon Demon chat but I can never pass up an opportunity to say that it rules!

:agreed:

Punkin Spunkin posted:

If you want more It Follows just watch Sole Survivor, it's It Follows meets Final Destination and it's pretty decent

:agreed:

And yeah Under The Silver Lake is also great, much like Neon Demon and Sole Survivor

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I like it in the same way I like Southland Tales. An auteur just absolutely swinging for IT even if I don’t entirely understand what IT is. Purestrain autuerism is at least fascinating to watch. See also that Refn series or even Twin Peaks the Return except obviously Lynch is a lot more capable than the others listed and hits a grand slam.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dug the first evil dead trap movie, gunna watch the sequel later today

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm looking forward to catching the sequel eventually, first one was a great surprise. My plans for today are to finish Arachnophobia after work for the Creatures challenge, watch Bodies Bodies Bodies for fun, and then show Mandy to my online film club. Should be a great evening :dance:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Evil Dead Trap 2 goes pretty hard. I didn't care for it as much as the first one.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I still think It Follows would have been a masterful 30 minute short movie I kinda disliked how long it dragged on

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
The climax of the second episode of Fall of the House of Usher is an all-timer imho.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CelticPredator posted:

Talk to me was also another drug metaphor

Anyone do a movie where the drug metaphor isn’t bad bc man sometimes drugs are good

In Cabin in the Woods, the bad guys lost because that dude was smoking some really good weed.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The main guys in Grabbers figure out that if they stay drunk they can’t get grabbed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The climax of the second episode of Fall of the House of Usher is an all-timer imho.

:hellyeah:

grobbo
May 29, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

Anyone do a movie where the drug metaphor isn’t bad bc man sometimes drugs are good

Videodrome, kinda

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

gently caress yes. Gotta give Mikey credit, he may love the poo poo out of long monologues but his set pieces loving slap.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gavok posted:

In Cabin in the Woods, the bad guys lost because that dude was smoking some really good weed.

Stoners in horror movies go

Spencer getting totally baked in the Final Nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Its Follow