Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Synthbuttrange posted:

30 minutes is a bit long for a mission though :v

If you count retries then plenty of people spent at least 30 minutes on the tutorial and Balteus missions. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Basho. BaSho. BASHO.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Imagine all the expansion packs selling just FCS and generators.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Welp I guess I have my excuse to get into 30mm kits now.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Welp I guess I have my excuse to get into 30mm kits now.

Same. Their whole thing is pretty perfect for AC models though.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Ffffu I still have a bit of backlog and for the time being zero will to build.

I thought I was safe for a while! :byodood:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think I'm most excited for weapons options. Build something with dual wield Asmead pilebunkers.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Give me a stun needle and the pistol grip miniguns bandai. And make the Zimmerman p-bandai.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Ibblebibble posted:

Holy poo poo yes

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

yesss

I wonder how good the coverage of ingame parts will be. maybe release the more esoteric ones as expansion kits?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Anybody knows the difference between those two cutters?
https://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-TAM74035-Sharp-Pointed-Cutter/dp/B0131XZ92G/
https://www.amazon.com/TAMIYA-America-Pointed-Plastic-TAM74123/dp/B010PG73J4/

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

parabolic posted:

Give me a stun needle and the pistol grip miniguns bandai. And make the Zimmerman p-bandai.

:sickos:

Faff
Nov 7, 2010
The '123' model is slightly longer and thinner than the '35'. I recommend the Tamiya 123s to anyone looking for a good workhorse without blowing the bank on single-edge nippers

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Faff posted:

The '123' model is slightly longer and thinner than the '35'. I recommend the Tamiya 123s to anyone looking for a good workhorse without blowing the bank on single-edge nippers

Cool, thanks!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I thought Kotobukiya had already announced ACIV kits, but I'm guessing something about the modularity of the 30MM line allowed Bandai to worm in, like how they were able to get onto the original Gundam because Clover was making diecast toys and not plastic models.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Exactly 49 cents!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought Kotobukiya had already announced ACIV kits, but I'm guessing something about the modularity of the 30MM line allowed Bandai to worm in, like how they were able to get onto the original Gundam because Clover was making diecast toys and not plastic models.

kotobukiya has announced upcoming AC6 kits as well so it looks like they both have the license
https://twitter.com/Kotobukiya_EN/status/1656104012666798080

so far they've shown nothing new afaict but they have announced reprints of at least 6 older AC3-5 kits

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

kotobukiya has announced upcoming AC6 kits as well so it looks like they both have the license
https://twitter.com/Kotobukiya_EN/status/1656104012666798080

so far they've shown nothing new afaict but they have announced reprints of at least 6 older AC3-5 kits

Bandai is going to clean Koto's clock if they can capture the customization angle well with the 30MM kits without sacrificing the look of the kits.

(My biggest hangup about 30MM kits is that the number of 3mm holes needed to support customization often makes the base kit profile look weird.)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My main concern will be if the 30MM kits have enough strength in the arms and legs to hold up some of the ridiculous AC6 weapons. The gatling guns are awesome but I can just see them drooping instantly.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Warmachine posted:

(My biggest hangup about 30MM kits is that the number of 3mm holes needed to support customization often makes the base kit profile look weird.)
Yeah that bothered me too when I built my first 30MM kit. Everything about them is pretty neat except for all the holes you end up with even if you stick on extra stuff. Iirc Bandai made one parts set that has a few pieces specifically to cover those but you don't get a lot of them.

Bandai, just make a runner with like 10 of each plug variant and sell a few together in a dang baggy like you already do with builder parts. It will sell!! :argh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arc Hammer posted:

My main concern will be if the 30MM kits have enough strength in the arms and legs to hold up some of the ridiculous AC6 weapons. The gatling guns are awesome but I can just see them drooping instantly.

I can confirm the arms are pretty sturdy, as someone who has overloaded MULTIPLE 30MM models with weaponry and accessories.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Tin Tim posted:

Yeah that bothered me too when I built my first 30MM kit. Everything about them is pretty neat except for all the holes you end up with even if you stick on extra stuff. Iirc Bandai made one parts set that has a few pieces specifically to cover those but you don't get a lot of them.

Bandai, just make a runner with like 10 of each plug variant and sell a few together in a dang baggy like you already do with builder parts. It will sell!! :argh:

How about a bazooka only sold in one kit? Or another P-bandai with exclusive bits?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I can confirm the arms are pretty sturdy, as someone who has overloaded MULTIPLE 30MM models with weaponry and accessories.

I dunno, I've built a few 30MM kits and a lot of the heavier guns are meant to be held with two hands while all the Armored Core 6 guns are single hand. Getting a bad feeling that it'll end up like the HG Gouf Custom's gatling gun.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Argas posted:

How about a bazooka only sold in one kit? Or another P-bandai with exclusive bits?

p-bandai exclusive steel haze, and it's the only way to get more truenos :shepface:.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

I'm excited about a much more customizable AC line, especially for building what everyone considers their own signature AC (which is why I hope they make the heavy tread legs). That said, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't get a Steel Haze/Ortus specifically.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

parabolic posted:

I'm excited about a much more customizable AC line, especially for building what everyone considers their own signature AC (which is why I hope they make the heavy tread legs). That said, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't get a Steel Haze/Ortus specifically.

I'd be shocked if at least one of those don't get a Robot Damashii figure.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Ah, my greatest fear that freezes me from even starting

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
if you sand the nubs instead of cutting there's 0 risk of gouging anything

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
:hellyeah:
now to recreate the best mission in the game by buying a customizeable model, the Liger Tail, and then approximately 2000 grunt fodder MTs.

edit: now i need to buy a second barbatos for his reverse-joint legs for kitbashing

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

if you sand the nubs instead of cutting there's 0 risk of gouging anything

Until you realize you were sanding at an awkward angle and now sanded off a corner and the nub.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Kotobukiya in shambles in my household in 2024 (well, except for what I already put down pre-ordering the Jehuty and Anubis reprints)

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

neo zeong has arrived. ive got a move and a few kits before I touch it but drat, this is a lot of box.

man ive been brainstorming and a gunpla gangtag for the thread would be awesome

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

IG-88 posted:

I suggest "Backlog Buried" as the name.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Model Citizens

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

IG-88 posted:

neo zeong has arrived. ive got a move and a few kits before I touch it but drat, this is a lot of box.

Box A Box B lol oh no

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

They are both poor choices, and are far more money than they're worth.

for $17, you should buy:

https://www.amazon.com/stedi-4-7-inch-Plastic-Building-Repairing/dp/B0894TVBYN

For $24, you should buy:

https://www.amazon.com/stedi-4-7-inch-Plastic-Building-Repairing/dp/B0BF4JKZDK?th=1

I believe I have a set of these, and they're pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/RUITOOL-Begi...B0BVH9KCF7&th=1

Just as a rule of thumb, if tamiya has their name on it, they bought it from someone else, and marked it up. We'll help you find the "not tamiya" price.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Nerobro posted:

They are both poor choices, and are far more money than they're worth.

for $17, you should buy:

https://www.amazon.com/stedi-4-7-inch-Plastic-Building-Repairing/dp/B0894TVBYN

For $24, you should buy:

https://www.amazon.com/stedi-4-7-inch-Plastic-Building-Repairing/dp/B0BF4JKZDK?th=1

I believe I have a set of these, and they're pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/RUITOOL-Begi...B0BVH9KCF7&th=1

Just as a rule of thumb, if tamiya has their name on it, they bought it from someone else, and marked it up. We'll help you find the "not tamiya" price.

Those Stedi dual blade nippers match or exceed most single-blade nippers I've ever owned.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

:hellyeah:
now to recreate the best mission in the game by buying a customizeable model, the Liger Tail, and then approximately 2000 grunt fodder MTs.

They might not make MT kits, but the Mass Produced Sub Machine should be close enough for corporate work. And I think the Liger Tail is likely to get a kit early, if only to have a good headliner for the quadrupeds.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They made eggs, they'd better make cubes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And if they aren't, a coat or two on clear nail polish should tighten those joints up nicely!