Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

_____!
May 2, 2004

You'll all laugh when this person's pitch for an Animorphs reboot turns out to be the new hot show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Powered Descent posted:

The leg-lengthening thing is a classic faith-healer con that's been around for decades. Here's a video from a quick google:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxR5-2LginE

this is hilarious and deeply sad

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The hottest post in my area Nextdoor currently is:

quote:

On 10/13/2023 in the east part of the svf valley a woman was seen in the restaurant with a friend

That’s it. That’s the post. It has inspired some pretty uncharacteristically hilarious replies.

It’s also provided a nice reprieve from posts about WHAT WAS THAT BOOM JUST NOW and WHAT ARE THESE EXPLOSIONS EVERY NIGHT

Recently someone posted “What is up with the mosque at <cross streets>?

They were making noise until 8PM last night. What are they celebrating over there, the murdering of innocent Jews and Jewish babies in Israel?”

Sometimes it’s difficult to believe that people post some of this stuff with their real first name/last initial/picture.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's like a really pointless anonymous version of a Society section in an old paper.

But at least then you would ostensibly know who the woman and her friend were and that the restaurant was fancy, because they're both wealthy widows remarried to giant granite buildings downtown.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot of these people don't really understand that things actually happen in the world outside their street.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

... are they going to just eat it cold?

Nothing wrong with cold piz, but how loving hot was that cheese and how bad are they at food?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Burned their CHIN? Hot pizza at most gives me mummy skin on my alveolar ridge, did a literal molten string of mozzarella whip around and stick to their chin like a Ferengi energy whip?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Brawnfire posted:

Burned their CHIN? Hot pizza at most gives me mummy skin on my alveolar ridge, did a literal molten string of mozzarella whip around and stick to their chin like a Ferengi energy whip?

They were probably smoking meth.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

There's a 4-way intersection near a grocery store in my neighborhood and they just added a new gas station to that area. Needless to say, it's really busy and there have already been 2 accidents from people running a stop sign, the one this week was really nasty and one car ended up rolling from the collision of the impact, since the other car was doing about 80 mph in a residential area. Someone that was near the accident posted about it and said that police need to actually ticket people for running that stop sign since it's pretty demonstrably the cause of a lot of accidents and near-accidents. A pretty reasonable position to take, so of course a bunch of people had to chime in.

Somebody Who Votes In Every Election posted:

This issue is everywhere. And it's not just because people are texting on their phones. There are more cars on the road than ever before. Schools do not teach defensive driving. And just like everything else - there is a decrease in respect. This is the "new normal" we were told to live with.

Someone I've probably seen at the grocery store posted:

What do you want the police to do? This is a society issue! Police are busy enough!

A person who has Thanksgiving alone every year posted:

If you grew up and never heard the word "stop" then this is what happen - a stop sign mean little to you. It is a societal problem.

The driver that ran the stop sign was a 65 year old man.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I understand the entertaining points about the zoomer attitude of the 65 year old man and defensive driving around someone blowing through a stop sign at 65 (I'd like to see the sight line analysis on that idea ) but also if your traffic safety depends on cops handing out tickets you're going to keep smashing cars into each other.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

How could the problem possibly be a rotting-brained entitled old man when there's youths right there with their ""smart"" phones a bleepin and a bloopin

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Back in my day, we respected our stop signs

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

zedprime posted:

I understand the entertaining points about the zoomer attitude of the 65 year old man and defensive driving around someone blowing through a stop sign at 65 (I'd like to see the sight line analysis on that idea ) but also if your traffic safety depends on cops handing out tickets you're going to keep smashing cars into each other.

From my perspective the problem is this has just become known as "the bad intersection" and all these loving boomers just rocket out of the grocery store without even pausing. Maybe they'd slow down and salute if a cop drove past there every so often, God knows I see enough back the blue stickers.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Gym Jordan alt spotted.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It’s me, the guy who eats pizza by placing my whole entire face into a boiling hot pie. I’m sick of pretending that this is a reasonable way to eat pizza pie.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
maybe she's eating the slices upside down?

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

A loyal aide places a letter in front of the state AG. He reads it, frowns, then takes his glasses off and whispers "My god, that degenerate Zuck has struck again," because some boomer locked herself out of her account.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

New Hemingway update just dropped.

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

Chief McHeath posted:

I noticed the Satanist that posted Lmao. You are invited also.

OH HELL YEAH

You are witnessing the birth of Christian Feng Shui. All rooms are designed to keep Satan out of your kitchen

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

A ghost sucked me off??!!

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

No. 6 posted:

what is "far and away the most popular video thumbnail on Ray Stantz's YouTube channel"?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Does it count as answering in the form of a question if the answer s a question?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

No. 6 posted:

"The answer orgasm might shock you!"

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That weirdo makes those kids’ day every time he comes in to rant about strombolis

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Honestly, that one reads okay to me. Maybe awkwardly written, but I've had similar experiences. Like, this year, after a few bad experiences I've dropped my local Baja Fresh because the quality just went to hell, and the staff got much worse. It sucks because they were one of my go-to places and at this point I've mostly written them off because of the above.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Yeah that sounds annoying. I've left critical reviews for places before for poo poo like that but I'd like to think I came off as less unhinged, lol.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
This one bugs me specifically, local Korean fried chicken place workers pretended not to speak English when I asked them to make a new frigging cup of fried chicken pieces with sauce rather than the one under the heat lamp for however long. Not an unreasonable request, you can tell by looking how soggy that poo poo is.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Remulak posted:

This one bugs me specifically, local Korean fried chicken place workers pretended not to speak English when I asked them to make a new frigging cup of fried chicken pieces with sauce rather than the one under the heat lamp for however long. Not an unreasonable request, you can tell by looking how soggy that poo poo is.

lmao

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Remulak posted:

They were right to do this

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Yeah that sounds annoying. I've left critical reviews for places before for poo poo like that but I'd like to think I came off as less unhinged, lol.

The secret is to never have hinges in the first place.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Remulak posted:

The correct response would have been to demonstrate exactly what you wanted by pointing to them, the raw chicken, the fryer, miming them cooking, giving you food, then you making eating motions etc. Though you'd want them to be within sight at all times while preparing your food.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Did you try repeating yourself louder and slower

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Remulak posted:

I pretended not to know English when I read this post

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
remind me to never eat at any of the fried chicken places you all work at

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

I mean, this is typical:
  1. Good restaurant is bought by new owner
  2. New owner takes a hands-off approach to running it or doesn't know what they are doing
  3. Formerly good restaurant turns to poo poo and eventually closes

The point is valid, but that's a lot of words to say "The food at X sucks now, the employees are assholes, and I won't be going back".

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The_Franz posted:

I mean, this is typical:
  2. New owner takes a hands-off approach to running it or doesn't know what they are doing

The point is valid, but that's a lot of words to say "The food at X sucks now, the employees are assholes, and I won't be going back".

A tale as old as time. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

The_Franz posted:

I mean, this is typical:

That or the owner's kids inheriting the establishment and the rest plays out the same.