Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm not paying you for five minutes' work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Wtf y'all

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Art looks into the camera and says his first words: "Babadook is better".

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I like this bit Hollis, if every time I opened the thread there was a new one I would be happy.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Any idea what time the Scream Stream starts today?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The First Five minutes of Terrifier 3 are Art boarding Flight 11 with a box cutter while a woman is assaulted in the background.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Much like the opening of Terrifier 2 introduced the titular Terrifier, Too, Terrifier 3 will introduce The Terrifier Three, a Josie & The Pussycats-style band consisting of Art, the girl, and a new character named Ralph Johnson

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People think Art is some right wing thing because they’re insane

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Look, people who review movies for a living tried to warn us that the Joker movie would inspire countless mass shootings, and we didn't listen! And now we're just supposed to ignore those same people again so we can enjoy another movie? When will the cycle of violence end?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This bit deserves to be sawed down the middle but forget all that there’s an ok but shocking Red Miller action figure coming out

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

CelticPredator posted:

This bit deserves to be sawed down the middle but forget all that there’s an ok but shocking Red Miller action figure coming out

Showing my friends this movie the other day made it happen

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I don't see any articulation, so that would be a statuette, not an action figure.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

whatever

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I need to see the axe in profile and I need to know if Thomas Fisher endorses it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have a hunch it’ll be mid overall but it’s probably the only shot I have at representing red Miller on the shelf so I’m gonna take it

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'd be more into it if Red had that beaming smile.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

I have a hunch it’ll be mid overall but it’s probably the only shot I have at representing red Miller on the shelf so I’m gonna take it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

horrific

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

New Hell House LLC is decent! Seems the franchise is going toward an anthology setup now, which is a lot better than what 2 and 3 ended up being.

Some good spooky scares, and because this is Hell House LLC, there has to be a Creepy Clown.

Also if you wanna stay in the house they filmed in, it's literally just an AirBNB.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 31, 2023

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdms5Mb9XNw

I don't want to brag but I was the most important viewer:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Nic Cage wishes he had the hairline of either of those toys.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdms5Mb9XNw

I don't want to brag but I was the most important viewer:

Congrats but also: terrible werewolf. Looks like a baboon. 80s could do better.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Someone mentioned it already, but I didn’t realize the two leads in Hell House 4 were supposed to be a couple until they started quarreling over their income.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
No 44 t-shirt? Sad.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

At this point I'm convinced they'll make a funco out of anything.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Does anyone else do the NYT Connections puzzle? That got a smile out of me this morning.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

At this point I'm convinced they'll make a funco out of anything.
The weirdest, I think, is when they make them out of animated characters that don't match their house style at all, so you end up with e.g. Disney characters who suddenly have huge black shark eyes.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

The weirdest, I think, is when they make them out of animated characters that don't match their house style at all, so you end up with e.g. Disney characters who suddenly have huge black shark eyes.

No, the weirdest are when they make one of every character from a TV show where there's no distinctive or consistent look for most of the characters. So you get figures of "Brown-haired guy in red sweater" or "Black-haired woman with leather jacket" and if you didn't keep the box there's no way to tell who the hell they're supposed to be.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Funko Pops are just the new Beanie Babies. Just total trash.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Nobody can claim they were tricked into buying Funko Pops as a speculative asset. You have to admit that you bought them because you like them, which is just embarrassing.

What's with the "keep the box" thing? You mean people actually take the figures out of the boxes? How are you supposed to stack hundreds of them in your house, then?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hollismason posted:

Funko Pops are just the new Beanie Babies. Just total trash.

There’s a well-worn saying, “Funko pops suck until they make one of something you like.”

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Is the market for Funkos still really strong? I had a friend who got deep into Funko collecting and he used to tell me how valuable some of them were but that was like 5 or 6 years ago and I haven't talked to him in a while. The bubble hasn't burst with Funkos yet?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

Is the market for Funkos still really strong? I had a friend who got deep into Funko collecting and he used to tell me how valuable some of them were but that was like 5 or 6 years ago and I haven't talked to him in a while. The bubble hasn't burst with Funkos yet?

Last I heard, it's pretty much tanked. Even the Funko company pulled an E.T. dump in a landfill disposal of figures because they've become so worthless.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Maybe during COVID there were a lot of people stuck in their homes who were looking at that Funko collection and having a realization that they'd really rather have something they can actually get some entertainment out of like books or movies or music.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Xenomrph posted:

There’s a well-worn saying, “Funko pops suck until they make one of something you like.”

That's even worse, they're completely failed representations of things I like

M_Sinistrari posted:

Last I heard, it's pretty much tanked. Even the Funko company pulled an E.T. dump in a landfill disposal of figures because they've become so worthless.

This is true and the company I work for is so overloaded with them that they don't move even when there's a Buy 1 Get 2 Free sale. They've strangled floor space and no one can get rid of them.

A True Jar Jar Fan fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 31, 2023

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
They also laid off most of the people at Mondo, which they had barely owned for a year.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I have exactly 1 funko and it's Judge Dredd. He's alright, but because of the dumb house style he doesn't have a mouth to frown with so I made a bunch of frowny mouths out of post -it notes to swap out as I see fit.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Halloween Jack posted:

Nobody can claim they were tricked into buying Funko Pops as a speculative asset. You have to admit that you bought them because you like them, which is just embarrassing.

What's with the "keep the box" thing? You mean people actually take the figures out of the boxes? How are you supposed to stack hundreds of them in your house, then?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

This is true and the company I work for is so overloaded with them that they don't move even when there's a Buy 1 Get 2 Free sale. They've strangled floor space and no one can get rid of them.

This is the state most comic book and video game stores are in with them, because so many of them loaded up on them when they were selling as quickly as they arrived, but now all those stores have entire walls of those boxes that they just can't get rid of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

I think that's why it's collapsed--kinda for the same reason new Marvel movies don't command the attention they used to. When such-and-such character was obscure, seeing a related toy was a treat. Now that every bit of IP has been marketed and merchandised to hell and back, the novelty is gone.