Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

mobby_6kl posted:

I think someone spilled the beans, the 3-motor version is supposedly like 80k +FSD I think

I think it was more like 98k without fsd (+7k)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuller9x
Feb 15, 2005

Gimme Milk

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm so confused by this image, looking at the full size image I can see what looks like the arrow, like, there but with sparks around it? Did he have Joe Rogan or whoever the gently caress hand make the arrow from flint or something lol

So at what point does he slink away when someone with a desert eagle or AR-15 opens fire at a family driving down the road in one these death traps?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Has anyone ever considered shooting a gun/arrow thru the window of the cybertruck j/w

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxdTkddHaE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds-Ev5msyzo

15th century stopping power.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

beep by grandpa posted:

Has anyone ever considered shooting a gun/arrow thru the window of the cybertruck j/w

The last test I saw of a cybertruck window was the original showcase of the concept where they threw a ball bearing at the side window and the window shattered, it's been explicitly battle-testing the door panels ever since.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Someone I know is listening to the Rogan thing and apparently he and Musk are eating double-pineapple, double-anchovy pizza.

:guillotine:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Fuller9x posted:

So at what point does he slink away when someone with a desert eagle or AR-15 opens fire at a family driving down the road in one these death traps?

"No, they were shot through the window and I never said anything about it being bulletproof. This is a real tragedy and just further proof of the wokeness agenda"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd imagine the chances of dying in the truck by just driving it is an order of magnitude higher than the chances of getting shot through the doors.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Didn't you see the asterisk next to bulletproof? The murderer used the wrong kind of bullets, not fair! :rant:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

Joe Rohan*

interesting how he won't shoot it with a 5.56x45 under any circumstances, though

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

how does structural sheet metal perform in crash tests? really well, i imagine.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Depends if it bounces.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

interesting how he won't shoot it with a 5.56x45 under any circumstances, though

Rifle calibres will just zip thru any steel thin enough to not kill the EV range.

I bet the Tommy gun claim is total bs too. .45 isn’t a real penetrating round but those dents just look like someone did it with a hammer.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Has our free speech warrior commented on the massive censoring going on in regards to pro Palestinian organising?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Abongination posted:

Has our free speech warrior commented on the massive censoring going on in regards to pro Palestinian organising?

Yes and in exactly the way you would expect him to.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

priznat posted:

I think it was more like 98k without fsd (+7k)

You might be right, I remember it being in the 90s roughly

priznat posted:

Rifle calibres will just zip thru any steel thin enough to not kill the EV range.

I bet the Tommy gun claim is total bs too. .45 isn’t a real penetrating round but those dents just look like someone did it with a hammer.

Not the Cybertruck though! It's too tough even for 6.8, and Elon can prove it easily.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've personally put 5.56 rounds through maybe a 1/4" steel plate target.

They went through like butter.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

You might be right, I remember it being in the 90s roughly

Not the Cybertruck though! It's too tough even for 6.8, and Elon can prove it easily.

Hopefully with him in it!

Regarding the pricing the funny part is that they will almost certainly lose a ton of cash per cybertruck for the foreseeable future and scaling up production of that stupid design is probably going to be a real nightmare.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

priznat posted:

45 is a garbage round against armor and legit those dents were done with a hammer. There is no spalling visible at all.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

priznat posted:

He may or may not have shot it, but 1/8" steel will happily stop 45acp if you carefully avoid shooting the same area twice with your machine gun

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

B-Rock452 posted:

45 is a garbage round against armor and legit those dents were done with a hammer. There is no spalling visible at all.

lol they're all at exactly the same angle

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They looked very regular. Calibrated impact tester maybe?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Azhais posted:

He may or may not have shot it, but 1/8" steel will happily stop 45acp if you carefully avoid shooting the same area twice with your machine gun

Yah it would stop it for sure but it looked too clean like the poster above said, no spalling or lead residue, there would be splats all over it. Shooting steel the steel gets absolutely coated with filth.. lead and copper bits all over. The steel looked way too clean.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
A fuckin' softball thrown by Elon loving Musk at a distance of 4 feet lodged in the window of the thing

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Heath posted:

A fuckin' softball thrown by Elon loving Musk at a distance of 4 feet lodged in the window of the thing

the current hot facebook bazinga explanation for that is, "at no time ever did anyone claim that the windows were bulletproof or even shatter-resistant :elon::elon::elon:"

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

priznat posted:

Have you considered that maybe the .45 was loaded with tiny hammers so Elon, in his brilliance, could perform two tests at the same time. That’s just pure efficiency

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 1 minute!

Strong Sauce posted:

hannity gonna fight off bullets by uppercutting them

He pretty much said that exactly

When someone pressed him about gun control after the Maine shooter, he said that the problem has nothing to do with guns. The problem is that people don't take the time to learn MMA for self defense like he does. He then said that if the Maine shooter had attacked him, he would have easily disarmed him and prevented the entire thing from happening

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Steadiman posted:

Have you considered that maybe the .45 was loaded with tiny hammers so Elon, in his brilliance, could perform two tests at the same time. That’s just pure efficiency

Is there some mixture of hollow point plus undercharged load you can get for minimum penetration. Of course the simplest explanation is they never shot the car and said they did. There would absolutely be a video if they shot it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 1 minute!

dr_rat posted:

lol if your lame enough not to wander around daily in chainmail ontop of padded gambeson.

What are you, a peasant?

I'm pretty sure a modern compound bow with the proper arrows would shred this. They're pretty drat powerful

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Elon is just testing the Cybertruck against the full array of weapons in Polytopia, the obvious safety manual for the ages

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Of loving course the Cybertruk would omit amber turn signals. Love to guess if your car is braking, turning, changing lanes, or dead stopped.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Scam Likely posted:

Of loving course the Cybertruk would omit amber turn signals. Love to guess if your car is braking, turning, changing lanes, or dead stopped.

it already costs too much

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Serious_Cyclone posted:

The last test I saw of a cybertruck window was the original showcase of the concept where they threw a ball bearing at the side window and the window shattered, it's been explicitly battle-testing the door panels ever since.

The new Elon stan argument is that bulletproof glass is bad in a road vehicle, it's good that Elon broke the glass in that demonstration, actually. Bulletproof body panels are all a normal person needs for their daily commute.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Captain Hygiene posted:

The new Elon stan argument is that bulletproof glass is bad in a road vehicle, it's good that Elon broke the glass in that demonstration, actually. Bulletproof body panels are all a normal person needs for their daily commute.

Also "he never said that in the first place"

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Steadiman posted:

Elon saw some warhammer nerds talking about boltguns and decided the car of the future should be tested against the ammo of the future, bolts.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is he... upset about not having a flag?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

The Lone Badger posted:

Is he... upset about not having a flag?

They don't know what the gently caress they're mad about

They want to be default/normal then they're mad when they see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
The woke mob is making cis/het seem boring so that all kids will become trans/ace/bi because it seems cooler and fashionable.