Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

DeimosRising posted:

Belichick and to lesser extent Reid have broken everyone's brain as to what constitutes a successful coach

She better have six Lombardis and thighs powerful enough to really grind her heel into my crotch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Peachfart posted:

Your right, we should dump Pete for the better coaches on the market like

Ben Johnson the OC from the Lions.

E: Or what the poster above said.

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 31, 2023

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Ben Johnson the OC from the Lions.

E: Or what the poster above said.

Your right, their awesome.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Can you imagine Harbaugh with the Seahawks lmao

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Chase Young to the Niners for a mid-round pick? That seems good

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

For a 3rd, which they will possibly recoup when Chase signs with another team next year.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I support it because Young’s potential would be unlocked working with that DL coaching staff, much like Goku unlocking his potential with super saiyan (level 2)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Can he call defensive plays without blatantly obvious coverage?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mustached Demon posted:

Can he call defensive plays without blatantly obvious coverage?

I live in hope that Fred Warner just starts ignoring his headset.

Let Fred Cook.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The 9ers know they should be winning it all, gotta respect that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

he's a 2020 2nd overall draft pick who spend half of 2021 and almost all of 2022 on IR or working back from injury. Rookie stats look reasonable, with 7.5 sacks 32 tackles and 10 assists. This season he has five sacks in seven games (he did not play in week 1). Seems like a guy with a ton of upside if he can stay healthy, well worth a 3rd round pick, and coming in before the bye so he'll have some time to integrate.

However I would be a lot more excited if the 49ers did something to shore up the OL ahead of the trade deadline.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/JomiAdeniran/status/1719424308404212092

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

algebra testes posted:

Can you imagine Harbaugh with the Seahawks lmao

Please no

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Harbaugh's Seahawks defeat the false-king Shanahan's 49ers to advance to the Super Bowl on a last second interception in the end zone. This is the timeline we should be living in.

Also they win the Super Bowl in this timeline just so we're clear.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Cardinals full tank, Dobbs to the Vikings.

lol, for a 6th

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I always believed in the cardinals. I still do. They will get a top 3 pick Inshallah.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I believe in them, in that I do not think their existence is mythical.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

I believe in them, in that I do not think their existence is mythical.

i've been to the stadium and see a (preaseason) game! they existed as of 2014 or whatever year we drafted jonathon cooper and he broke his leg, that was the game we went to

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Papercut posted:

Chase Young to the Niners for a mid-round pick? That seems good

My buddy is a former skins fan and says its a known thing that chase young takes plays off. Maybe on a better roster where he just plays less that problem goes away? Otherwise just another 49ers ridiculously unfair to teams actually paying a qb move. The one position on defense they needed and they get chase young. Come on

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Brett Rypien starting Sunday and will be backed up by someone named “Dresser Winn”

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DariusLikewise posted:

Brett Rypien starting Sunday and will be backed up by someone named “Dresser Winn”

Spergon Wynn:the legacy?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lol that's like an obviously made up on the spot name

<sweating profusely> oh yeah we absolutely have a fourth string QB... His name? Uh... uh... desk, no no, rug, trash can, oh! Yeah I got it, his name is Chesterfield... Victory, yeah. Good ol Chesty V. Scrappy. Good hands. Solid. Very real.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

My buddy is a former skins fan and says its a known thing that chase young takes plays off. Maybe on a better roster where he just plays less that problem goes away? Otherwise just another 49ers ridiculously unfair to teams actually paying a qb move. The one position on defense they needed and they get chase young. Come on

According to Mike Silver, this year he was freelancing a lot as well. I hope if he pulls that poo poo on the 49ers, Fred Warner will take him out back and lay a whooping on him.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

Lol that's like an obviously made up on the spot name

<sweating profusely> oh yeah we absolutely have a fourth string QB... His name? Uh... uh... desk, no no, rug, trash can, oh! Yeah I got it, his name is Chesterfield... Victory, yeah. Good ol Chesty V. Scrappy. Good hands. Solid. Very real.

Right up there with former Rays outfield "Johnny Field".

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I didn't hear that Stafford has been ruled out. Has he been?

The Rams signed Dresser because John Wolford said "nope" to being traded to the Rams from the bucs. Rams fans are now at the point where we're thinking "too bad Stetson Bennett is injured." Yikes!

Edit: The "word on the street" is that Bennett may be in reahab for alcohol. If true, I hope he's able to get clean and sober regardless of his NFL career.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 1, 2023

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Chase Young's history of injury will totally get better based on the Niners' history.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
That's an absolutely insane d line, but something tells me the Niners' defensive struggles have been more about scheme than personnel lately

I was actually rather shocked at how well the Seahawks makeshift' o line held up against Miles Garrett. entering full on "so you're saying there's a chance" mode until the Ravens obliterate them this weekend

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Qwijib0 posted:

Cardinals full tank, Dobbs to the Vikings.

lol, for a 6th

Lol why the gently caress not

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

shirts and skins posted:

That's an absolutely insane d line, but something tells me the Niners' defensive struggles have been more about scheme than personnel lately

I was actually rather shocked at how well the Seahawks makeshift' o line held up against Miles Garrett. entering full on "so you're saying there's a chance" mode until the Ravens obliterate them this weekend

Whether the run D is actually good or not will be confirmed this weekend. It wasn't great against the run first Browns (why they threw it on that last 3rd and 3 is beyond me)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Weird how the run defense magically got better after they got rid of Cody Barton

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Weird how the run defense magically got better after they got rid of Cody Barton

Pete and John also got so mad at the IDL that they fired everyone and got new players, lol

all that plus Witherspoon and a healthy Jamal have made for a much improved run defense, although gosh do they need to work on screens as usual

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah, it's definitely more about scheme so far. Having said that, another legit pass rusher opposite Bosa helps compensate for the poor scheme by just having more talent.

Edit: It's nice that it happened on the bye week too, to give Young more time to acclimate.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Bringing back your HoF linebacker who's again leading the team in tackles certainly seems to help too!

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah, it's definitely more about scheme so far. Having said that, another legit pass rusher opposite Bosa helps compensate for the poor scheme by just having more talent.

Edit: It's nice that it happened on the bye week too, to give Young more time to acclimate.

Yeah a lot of the problem with the pass rush, aside from those plays where they've had like three chances in one play to sack Cousins/Burrows and somehow didn't, is someone's getting wide open in like two seconds. Not that I'm complaining about bringing in Young at all but it doesn't seem like a problem you fix with more pass rushers.

That said, if they do figure out the back end, and the tackling gets back to normal such that they actually force some 3rd & longs and can just tee off, the pass rush will be scary as hell. It wasn't too long ago this D was looking dominant so I think they have it in them, but this bye heading into Jacksonville is so crucial. If Trevor Lawrence trots out there and has a career day too, I will be full lostseason.txt.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Offense isn't built for shootouts either. Defense needs to hit the 3 and outs so the offense has more chances to grind out extended drives. Drives full of 3-5 yard rushing plays.

Problem is the secondary can strain pasta. DL can't do everything no matter how good. Especially if they're fried.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sounds to me like the Niners need to establish something

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Offense isn't built for shootouts either. Defense needs to hit the 3 and outs so the offense has more chances to grind out extended drives. Drives full of 3-5 yard rushing plays.

Problem is the secondary can strain pasta. DL can't do everything no matter how good. Especially if they're fried.

The problem wasn't the secondary in the Cinci game, it was the linebackers. Warner especially has had two TERRIBLE games in a row, going back to the Minny game. Not just terrible games for Fred Warner, straight up terrible linebacker play.

The arrow is next to Fred Warner here, and that's his man catching the ball. He's 10 YARDS out of position. This is just one of multiple examples of him being completely out of position from the game.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That's often scheme, e.g. on the DC. Warner's probably in his assigned zone. I'm not saying you're wrong, exactly, but it may be that what you're asking for is Warner to ignore the play call.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

That's often scheme, e.g. on the DC. Warner's probably in his assigned zone. I'm not saying you're wrong, exactly, but it may be that what you're asking for is Warner to ignore the play call.

It's not, he's playing a zone and is supposed to take Oliver's man as he cuts in, but he doesn't trust Oliver to pick up the check down in the flat and starts collapsing towards the flat (hence the arrow), handing burrow the easiest 25 yard gain imaginable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Benne posted:

Sounds to me like the Niners need to establish something

boundaries??