Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

EmmyOk posted:

Mahoraga is almost certainly nuked. There is a small chance Sukuna dismissed it before it got eradicated. We did see the Dharma wheel disintegrate so Mahoraga's adaption ability is definitely gone.

The Ten Shadows can all be destroyed but their power remains available to the user. That's why when one of the Wolves was annihilated Megumi could resummon it merged with the other as a super wolf. That's what the Totality aspect of the ability is. It's the same thing Sukuna used to create Agito out of a bunch of the shadows. The real loss when a Shadow is destroyed is the flexibility the technique has with multiple summons is reduced.

I assume Maharaga could still be summoned as part of a combination using Totality. However he does seem a somewhat special case so I'm not sure how easy it would be to do that or you could guarantee he kept the adaption ability. The wheel being independently summoned also implies imo it may be a separate tool that is now permanently gone.

We also don't know how long it takes for the power of a destroyed Shadow to be usable for Totality or even if Totality can be done off the cuff. Sukuna summons Agito without warning but we don't know if he did that on the fly or if he prepared it during the month after Gojo's return. My feeling is the shadows are off the table unless Megumi comes back.

The exception to destroyed shadows are combination shadows that are not Totality. Totality is a permanent merging of shadows that can't be undone. Megumi's combination Frog and Nue aren't official shadows so it doesn't matter how many get destroyed they don't count as destroying Nue or Frog.

ten shadows sounds pretty broken, you start sort of understanding why Sukuna was so confused about Megumi fleeing early in the manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That’s why it’s the most notable Zen’in technique and why Megumi was worth so much to turn despite being Toji’s son. Ten Shadows is probably why they were one of the three great families. It’s also worth remembering that before Sukuna not a single user was able to summon and control Mahoraga. His usage of it is also absurd considering the difference in size between the Nue he and Megumi were able to summon. So we are seeing the strongest possible form of it that no one else could ever achieve.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I mean when you put it like that it just makes Gojo even more impressive. He beat the ultimate version of the ultimate trump card.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Takaba might be a late addition to the series, but I gotta say I enjoy every time he pops up. It's like 99.9% of the cast is dedicated and following the plot, and that .1% is Takaba just fuckin around and getting lost and falling backwards into a group trying to save the world. Completely different wavelength from everyone else.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gologle posted:

I mean when you put it like that it just makes Gojo even more impressive. He beat the ultimate version of the ultimate trump card.

Nah, he didn't stand a chance

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

we can probably all agree that gojo thinks he's funnier than takaba. the question is if takaba thinks he's funnier than gojo

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Takaba would act like every bad stand-up comedian presented with an amateur who is actually funny; immediately become deeply petty and insecure treat them like poo poo.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
The super-lovely early raws and scans are out, break next week.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gologle posted:

Him being able to take on mahoraga, agito, and Sukuna at once is absurd for sure lol. The last time a six eyes with limitless fought a ten shadows they lost to a rampaging mahoraga.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7540/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-241?date=2-11-2023-7

TCB is out

https://cubari.moe/read/gist/cmF3L0pKS3ZhdWx0L0pKSy1jaGFwdGVycy9tYXN0ZXIvSkpLLmpzb24/241/1/

And here's the alternative Shishio translation with notes. I think they're pretty similar this week.

yum fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Nov 2, 2023

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loving golden ratio prostration lmao

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
What incredible form... amazing...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wait, what am I saying???

:lmao:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Don't think I didn't catch that HxH reference Gege. I guess the real answer for Takaba was doing his own thing and I am here for it.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
This is really testing the limits of the idea that successful jujutsu sorcerors are the ones who fully, seriously commit to whatever it is they are/do. Looking forward to see what this looks like in the context of comedy. Very Serious Series: Consecutive Earnest Jokes

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

:cry: do the set of your dreams big bro

excited written on his face

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i hope takaba teams up with kenjaku now

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
we're so back

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Sindai posted:

Takaba has a very serious chapter-long monologue about what it means to be the funniest

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Oh Snapple! posted:

loving golden ratio prostration lmao

Golden Ratio jokes will never not make me laugh

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I don’t really know much about Manzai or Japanese comedy but man I’m so in

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Loved this chapter

Everyone coming out of nowhere to teach Sukuna the meaning of love. Takaba going on a one man mission to teach Kenjaku the meaning of comedy. I love it.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I had fully written off JJK until the last 2 chapters. Its back baby

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
And you know Gege is just cackling with every page further exploring the struggle of a failed comedian

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cheering on Takaba with all my heart

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

12 chapter beatdown between the two most hyped individuals in the whole series? i sleep

budding manzai bromance between the main villain and a side gag character? real poo poo

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i believe in takaba. he will make 100 percent of the audience laugh and pigs will fly.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
anyone who still thinks this is worse than MHA might need to take a break from the manga. this is what I've been waiting for

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

kenjaku is gonna laugh so much he is gonna puke his guts up*

*and die

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jerkface posted:

kenjaku is gonna laugh so much he is gonna puke his guts up*

*and die

It is known.:hai:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

he'll puke his guts out and die but scuttle away as a lil braincrab and Takaba will allow this because kenjaku will go "weh weh weh" the whole time, which is pretty funny

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
You know who ELSE was a laidback jokester who was super powerful and had blue eye and died by getting cut in half by a violent killer who bypassed his inability to be hit...

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Oh my God Takaba is gonna do it. He’s going to win.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
It's funny how Takaba would probably have had an easier time dealing with Sukuna than Kenjaku, but managed to evolve as a person because he met Kenjaku.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

i appreciate the ps2 in takaba's apartment

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
What is it with Gege and writing middle aged men really, really well.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

After making him laugh, Takaba convinces Kenjaku to stop his schemes and that there are other funny and good things in life beyond "doing some weird experiment with the lives of everyone in Japan." They become comedy partners.

Unironically want that to happen.

Edit: "But he did lots of murders" I hear you say. But Choso also slaughtered a ton of innocent people and is now (relatively) friendly with the cast.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 3, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

After making him laugh, Takaba convinces Kenjaku to stop his schemes and that there are other funny and good things in life beyond "doing some weird experiment with the lives of everyone in Japan." They become comedy partners.

Unironically want that to happen.

Edit: "But he did lots of murders" I hear you say. But Choso also slaughtered a ton of innocent people and is now (relatively) friendly with the cast.

I could honestly see him doing something like that, and basically saying that if Sukuna is defeated he will give up on his evil plans

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Kenjaku uses the respectful -san honorific when referring to a famous comedian in the previous chapter but doesn't when speaking to Gojo or Sukuna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Pretty funny.... For a modern comedian