Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sancho Banana posted:

Yesterday they published the death of Staff Sergeant Yam Galas, who died on October 7th along with one other guy who died in Gaza, so yes. They're slowly drip feeding the casualties.

thanks for your perspective and updates, much appreciated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

mawarannahr posted:

you never sent someone a greeting or postcard? never did goon treat exchange? Shame

i think the only time i ever sent an actual letter was to Sierra games asking them how to get past a single puzzle in a kings quest game and it took 4 months for a reply.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Al-Saqr posted:

israelis are mad that netanyahu is failing to find any of the prisoners alive

I imagine if I'm the parent of any of these 22 year old brigadier generals being announced dead I would also find myself nonplussed with the current leadership

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

my bony fealty posted:

how much personnell was crewing that?

3 crew, 9 infantry. There's only 120 Namers operational right now (as of October 6th), so they're mainly using the Namer to ferry special forces and elite batallions since it's allegedly more armored than a merkava.

The IDF's wounded rate has to be off the charts right now. Vehicle kills won't necessarily kill the whole crew and passengers, but anybody caught inside a compartment when a HEAT round penetrates is going to be messed up.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

I imagine if I'm the parent of any of these 22 year old brigadier generals being announced dead I would also find myself nonplussed with the current leadership

"why are you guys mad at me? im releasing the hostages!"

"to bring them home alive right?!

"....."

"to bring them back alive...right?"

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/mairavz/status/1720846553705832737?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

prisoner release via saturation bombing, a novel approach

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
yeah sure you’re a major now get in the loving tank

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/mairavz/status/1720846553705832737?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

AJE is running footage of the demonstration right now. There's probably more Israeli flags there than in the entire IDF.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1720866774886035842?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Herzog Zwei is right you guys which is why we gotta support hamas!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Al-Saqr posted:

weird, those bombs are looking as hard as they can

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Has anyone done the math on how many days until Israel has literally no tanks left if this continues? It is bizarre watching a military do this.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The craziest clip from the recent Hamas footage is a Namer driving along the coastal highway that gets blasted in the side point blank from a damaged building. The top gun is pointing backwards, suggesting that the crew were looking front and back but not AROUND the vehicle, no foot soldiers in sight. Total tunnel vision.

In another clip a Merkava is parked at the end of a walled alleyway, turret facing forward, and gets blasted in its side. Again no soldiers in sight. It's something that any military with basic competency could've avoided just by having riflemen cover the alley before the tank drove into a compromising position. Total clownshoes army.

Hezbollah also published more footage of their rocket attacks on Israeli bases. Not much to say about them, it's more footage of hills with surveillance equipment getting blasted. Although the videos don't seem to feature any of the big 500kg warheads that were used earlier today.

imo maybe the idf infantry should get out of the apc and shoot the guys with rpgs? what is even the point of an ifv or an apc if your infantrymen sit inside of it and get toasted every time

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

OctaMurk posted:

imo maybe the idf infantry should get out of the apc and shoot the guys with rpgs?

I disagree, they should keep doing what they're doing

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Fell Mood posted:

Has anyone done the math on how many days until Israel has literally no tanks left if this continues? It is bizarre watching a military do this.

roughly 1k tanks i believe

mags
May 30, 2008

Fell Mood posted:

idk how many do they have left, how many tanks can america and allies give them, and how quick can they get there, and how quick can they get operators for them, given any assistance isn’t stalled by misgivings of wasting expensive machinery on an army that just sends them in to get blown up for no gain

mags
May 30, 2008

lol

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I still have people coming to me trying to separate hamas and palestinians (as in: palestinians are OK, but hamas evil!), but what do palestinians say, right now, as the bombs fall? I'm pretty sure they blame the bomb sender, and not the ones shooting back at the IOF. Do we have proper quotes?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Regarde Aduck posted:

prisoner release via saturation bombing, a novel approach

Essentially same principle as fracking

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the idf is clearly not equipped to perform as a military and should surrender

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I think the idf infantry should keep looking out for themselves. Keep your heads down guys you're doing a great job.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
I’m starting to think that the only reason the tanks are unsupported by infantry is that the IDF doesn’t want videos released by hamas of their troops just getting absolutely ganked. Can’t think of any other reason

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Holy poo poo this Blinken guy is a horrendous thundercunt. Just standing there jerking Israel off and defending Israel's right to blow up mosques and hospitals

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Al-Saqr posted:

Herzog Zwei is right you guys which is why we gotta support hamas!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

arab regimes are american dogs, news at 11

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1720871511979160058?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Palestine will win. IDF must surrender unconditionally to Hamas.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Holy poo poo this Blinken guy is a horrendous thundercunt. Just standing there jerking Israel off and defending Israel's right to blow up mosques and hospitals

He's gross. He reminds me of the teacher Carmela hooks up with in the Sopranos; just ick.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

John Charity Spring posted:

Just got back from another demonstration in Glasgow. Huge turnout. We rallied outside the BBC building and various speakers addressed the crowd, including two Gazans and a woman from Lebanon, as well as getting a satellite link to a journalist in Gaza who sounded extremely tired but resolved. Lots of talk about how resistance is justified in an occupation, how we're not going to condemn Hamas, etc. Two members of the Scottish parliament spoke too and one of them, a Labour MSP, got booed off the stage for trying to both-sides the issue. Then we marched through Glasgow towards a BAE Systems factory and blocked the roads while we went. Got lots of support from bystanders and people leaning out of their windows and coming out of pubs to cheer us. At one junction there was a car with two young Arab guys waving and cheering and dancing, and another car with two tiny middle aged white women who had got out of their seats and were honking the car horn and holding their fists up lol. Groups of kids on bikes stopping to join in the chants, also. It was very heartening to see the cross-section of society out for Palestine and supporting a ceasefire and condemning the political leaders who're signing off on genocide.

These guys are a representative sample of the people we marched past:

https://twitter.com/BrySim88/status/1720838170474906067

Then I come home to hear the IDF is getting the poo poo kicked out of it by Hamas. even better

blessed

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

speng31b posted:

the idf is clearly not equipped to perform as a military and should surrender

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

The liberal national security freakazoid types like Blinken, Powers, Rhodes, etc are a special kind of hosed up monster. They horrify me more than pretty much any other part of the evil fascist West.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soggy Muffin posted:

I’m starting to think that the only reason the tanks are unsupported by infantry is that the IDF doesn’t want videos released by hamas of their troops just getting absolutely ganked. Can’t think of any other reason

it’s because they’re too afraid to get out of their vehicles and fight. Israel is so casualty averse they’d rather sacrifice tank and apc crews because it’s fewer casualties in the aggregate than supporting tanks with infantry.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Soggy Muffin posted:

The videos of a hamas guy sauntering up to a tank, hand arming a bomb, then jogging back must be so much better PR.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Nassreddin2002/status/1720868990199779516

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Soggy Muffin posted:

Yeah. I think it's this. Either that or it's some variation of "Hey gently caress YOU man, I'm not going out there and fighting those SAVAGES unless I'm doing it from the comfort and the safety of a tank!"

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The Israelis have 330 active service Merkava 4s and 160 Merkava 3, and 220 Merkava 4s and 660 Merkava 3 storage.

They probably don’t want to run through their active service 4s though considering their current performance.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

they're right, they should control all of Israel

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Lol I remember during the Iraq war we constantly got all kinds of criticism from the UK and Europe. Now we're so afraid of any pushback that we've installed these teapots in all of their countries to force them to do anything we want.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Ardennes posted:

The Israelis have 330 active service Merkava 4s and 160 Merkava 3, and 220 Merkava 4s and 660 Merkava 3 storage.

They probably don’t want to run through their active service 4s though considering their current performance.

how do we know that those are correct and haven’t been sold off for scrap or are non-maintained knowing the IDF? The Oakland shipment was supposed to have contained tanks before it was stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

get in the merkava, brigadier general shinji