Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Telling my therapist to check my midichlorians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wonderllama posted:

mindfulness because you saw a space samarai movie? yeah

You’re named after a thing from fortnite.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

Thompson started the season slow and got separated from Tuch. Tuch away from Thompson takes away their big man mismatch that causes other teams fits. Greenway is good this year but it’s not the same thing. Reunite the tall boys

Tuch is playing with Tage rn and is still being really stupid, idk what’s wrong with him but it isn’t because he wasn’t playing with Tage.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Aphrodite posted:

You’re named after a thing from fortnite.

even worse, monty python.

an embarrassing lack of knowledge from the pop culture queen

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

FuturePerfect VideoGames posted:

Sportsnet reporting that Devon Levi loves the scene in Star Wars where Qui-gon Jinn stops to meditate in the middle of a fight and that's why he kneels to meditate during warmup.

That's your moment of cringe for the day.

he sounds cool

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Leafs’ power play is really good

Too bad they’re awful at 5-on-5 lmao

https://x.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1720981822023106894?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Hahaha

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 5, 2023

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
So uh I haven’t gotten to see any caps games in a while, is Ovi cooked or just bad luck?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

He’s been getting shots and assists just no goals. He’s phoning it in some nights though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1720968831361769896

Good i guess?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/tomgulittinhl/status/1720987173120290902?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

This guy had the biggest layup of all time coming in after Babcock and he sends Kent Johnson to the minors and benches Johnny lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

The only thing this tweet actually confirms is that Hughes did not die.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://x.com/peteblackburn/status/1720977830756958357?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

:lmao: a woman threw her bra on the ice when Matthews scored his third goal.

https://x.com/sportsnet/status/1720992314020037010?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Jesus Christ what the gently caress

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ginette Reno posted:

The #1 and #2 teams in 5v5 expected goals are the Pens and Oilers. They have a combined record of 5-13-1 and are 28th and 30th in the league lmao

Fancystats!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Cross checking a guy hard who is lying prone on the ice, :wtc: He should be suspended for a year. Why do we wait until someone gets his neck broken and then suspend a thug for a year?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
There are 13 Kings players with as many or more goals than Connor McDavid.

Auston Matthews has more goals than the San Jose Sharks.

edit: the Sharks just scored. Auston Matthews and the San Jose Sharks are now tied with 11 goals each.

Mr. Kite fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 5, 2023

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
someone please mercy kill the sharks. this is genuinely upsetting.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

blue squares posted:

What the hell is an expected goal anyway

It's essentially just tracking shot location and the percentage of shots that go in from that location.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

corn on the cop posted:

someone please mercy kill the sharks. this is genuinely upsetting.

You're going to have to be patient for ocean acidification and de-oxygenation I'm afraid.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

Cross checking a guy hard who is lying prone on the ice, :wtc: He should be suspended for a year. Why do we wait until someone gets his neck broken and then suspend a thug for a year?

This was a $5,000 fine* and 0 game suspension so I'm excited to see how the league adjudicates crosschecking a guy lying on the ice directly in the neck vs crosschecking a guy in the neck while they're standing and then again in the lower back while they're lying on the ice stunned from the first one.

*you know the line.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm sure he regrets falling on him and using his stick as a landing point.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

blue squares posted:

What the hell is an expected goal anyway

"Expected by whom??" - Mickey Redmond, one of the premier minds in the game today

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
another 10 goals against the sharks lmfao good god

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

heehee posted:

another 10 goals against the sharks lmfao good god

Seriously they need to fire Quinn. He's been God awful. Also they're basically an AHL team out there every night. It's sad really.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Look, San Jose scored twice as many goals this game as they did last game! Just imagine if that trend holds true.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

grack posted:

Look, San Jose scored twice as many goals this game as they did last game! Just imagine if that trend holds true.

In only 8 games they'll be tying 10-10.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County
https://x.com/DannyShireyPGH/status/1721007378361950233?s=20

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
McCann is a cheap shot magnet. Probably because he is the team's best scorer and otherwise unassuming chill dude. :(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Duckman2008 posted:

Radko Gudas. Duh.

We love the Butcher

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
It's going to really suck for whatever team finally loses to the Sharks and I'm glad the Leafs don't play them until January. Surely, they will have a win by then...

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Even their AHL team, the Barracuda, are 1-4-3, so whatever prospects they have down there are also getting trounced.

coiol
Dec 16, 2004

I dress like a girl and drink like a man. Please date-rape me.
I’m a Leafs fan but I live in San Francisco and go to 1-2 Sharks games per year. My in-laws were visiting and we took them to their first ever hockey game today. The Sharks were not even remotely close to competitive at 5v5 today to the point that it looked like different leagues.

What happened to the Sharks roster? There was a grand total of 1 name that I recognized as a “good player” on the entire team (Hertl). They don’t seem to have any good players or any prospects on the team. What was the plan this year other than to lose 75 games, and how did the roster end up entirely barren?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
So, uh, are Colorado carrying injuries? Cause 7-0 was not on my bingo card

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

tarbrush posted:

So, uh, are Colorado carrying injuries? Cause 7-0 was not on my bingo card

no, not really. the bottom six hasn’t gelled great and has trouble finishing. Vegas has four shutdown lines that can key on Mackinnon and Rantanen and easily outplay the rest of the other Avs. Makar doesn’t look 100% since going into the boards against Buffalo. Avs have been shut out three of the last four games but in the Knights game they had a fair amount of high danger chances that just didn’t get past Hill. also, presumably Georgiev’s legs are going to fall off this year since they’ve been playing him so much which they’ll continue to do

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m glad that the Caps are winning games but it’s only against teams ranked 24th or lower in the standings…

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

fermun posted:

It's essentially just tracking shot location and the percentage of shots that go in from that location.

Ah, thanks

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I too think Mangiapane should be suspended for the year, maybe for multiple years and his contract rescinded!!!!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
11th Loss Sharks. That's my team.

At what point does this become criminal? Jesus christ.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/zubcast/status/1720984181927268791?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

2 years with a full NMC, thankful Pierre can’t hurt me anymore

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Bednar is another guy who's been there a while and did some good work but it looks like he's gone stale in Colorado and the players have tuned him out. Even good coaches usually have short shelf lives with one team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it is very funny to me how long nhl teams coveted travis hamonic when he was on the islanders, then he finally got traded and everyone realized he was actually bad the entire time