Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pontificating rear end posted:

Something about the dude on the bike made this totally surreal

https://x.com/Osinttechnical/status/1721233656386077128?s=20

He just wants to watch the fireworks like everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

God take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqY7AbEW8gQ

Fight for a better country and future, not Russia

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Dandywalken posted:

Ahhh!!! Scary poo poo dude

Yeah we're loving idiots. If that doesn't scare you I don't know what will.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Pontificating rear end posted:

Something about the dude on the bike made this totally surreal

https://x.com/Osinttechnical/status/1721233656386077128?s=20

And now for our next trick, turning occupier ammo and equipment far behind the front into ashes.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Vaginaface posted:

It feels pretty horrible that this whole stagnant front thing comes down to being underfunded past due by the US.
For the first time in my life, I got to be like "well, finally, all our tax dollars spent on not healthcare/social programs seems to be serving a just cause", but we never committed as much or as soon as they always said they needed, and RECENTLY we've found more excuses to siphon support away from the Ukrainian cause towards something (personally) less palatable.
It seems like we can't let Ukraine lose completely, but we won't help them win, so we're signing them up for decades of inescapable horror instead.

I just want to be able to feel good about something for once :negative:

Yeah, I'm very depressive so i realize my own brain lies to me frequently, but it seems putin's plan to just keep the horror show going for ukraine's suppliers to lose interest. Putin has inferior technology but might have way more political will to win this than the west does to support ukraine. Turns out the Zapp Brannigan strategy works if a third party yanks out the power cords to the kill bots because its been going on too long. I've already seen crowing about how "soviet doctrine, focused on reality and relentless grinding away at enemy lines, is defeating decadent heroic-fascist nato wunderwafe" by locking into a korea style stalemate I guess?

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 6, 2023

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Had great fun this evening chatting with some people this evening about grrr NATO expansion and having to explain to them that the likes of Poland, Hungary and Czech republic black mailed their way into NATO by threatening to develop nukes. Then pointing out that the only objection Russia had to Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria and the Baltics joining NATO is that Russia felt sad because it was the final nail in their empires coffin.

People really need to get out of echo chambers and stop reading/listening to stuff that they agree without question.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tai posted:

Had great fun this evening chatting with some people this evening about grrr NATO expansion and having to explain to them that the likes of Poland, Hungary and Czech republic black mailed their way into NATO by threatening to develop nukes. Then pointing out that the only objection Russia had to Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria and the Baltics joining NATO is that Russia felt sad because it was the final nail in their empires coffin.

People really need to get out of echo chambers and stop reading/listening to stuff that they agree without question.

Oh yeah, I totally agree. Without question.

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
I didn't think of it that way. Now I am going to adopt that viewpoint as my own.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Dandywalken posted:

lmao Musk replied. what a stinker!

I took a glance and it's literally 100% blue checks talking to each other. Are the peasants banned from replying or something?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

I took a glance and it's literally 100% blue checks talking to each other. Are the peasants banned from replying or something?

Yes.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Blue checks get pushed to the top of the list in views. So while non checkers are not technically banned, they are in a free speech zone many pages below the initial post where they can't rabble-rouse.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Please remember that twitter is a right wing platform full of right-wing assholes, owned by a right wing rear end in a top hat. People should really stop using and especially reposting it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Tai posted:

I know about Central and Eastern European countries wanting to join NATO but I've never heard the nuclear angle. Do you have a source where I can read more about that?

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Vaginaface posted:

It feels pretty horrible that this whole stagnant front thing comes down to being underfunded past due by the US.
For the first time in my life, I got to be like "well, finally, all our tax dollars spent on not healthcare/social programs seems to be serving a just cause", but we never committed as much or as soon as they always said they needed, and RECENTLY we've found more excuses to siphon support away from the Ukrainian cause towards something (personally) less palatable.
It seems like we can't let Ukraine lose completely, but we won't help them win, so we're signing them up for decades of inescapable horror instead.

I just want to be able to feel good about something for once :negative:

One of the funny things about being so isolated here in rural Chernihive is that I'm often too busy to keep track both the frontline status and USPOL. Honestly it's probably better for my mental health to be taking some kind of direct action, even if the war is stagnating, because I can see the direct results. But it's incredibly disheartening and frustrating to read these stories because every Ukranian I know has their heart in this and the failures aren't coming (primarily) from Ukraine but from American commitments.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
some good news

some bad news

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
870 in stock is a big deal?

lol lmao

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

They should put the stock in a big open field near the front to show everyone how strong they are

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ded posted:

870 in stock is a big deal?

lol lmao

A single missile capable of hitting an apartment building and causing even more civilian casualties, or damaging valuable infrastructure in winter is ten too many, I think is the tone of the post (and I agree). If there was any way Ukraine can destroy those stockpiles, they should do so ASAP.

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
If that includes their strategic stockpiles then they’re pretty much hosed. I agree that any civilian death is one too many but if that is the extent of Russian stockpiles then they don’t have the capacity for prolonged missile terror campaigns.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

And even if they use those again on terror bombing because they are utter shitheads and barbarians, we are talking about an arsenal of several hundred.

USSR had tens of thousands of missiles and such in their inventory, and even with Russia the number should be several thousands. But grifters gotta grift and nothing works because everything gets stolen.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
One is too many, imo.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
To put it into perspective, a large missile/drone attack was upwards of 100 missiles or so. So if they unleash that arsenal in a few mass waves to overwhelm air defense, they can seriously degrade Ukraine's ability to defend against future waves and/or destroy what they're aiming at with a decent degree of confidence.

Of course, there are still a lot of technical challenges to actually launching that many missiles, but if russia wanted to go all-in on an assault with them it would be brutal.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

https://yle-fi.translate.goog/a/74-20058825?_x_tr_sl=fi&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=fi&_x_tr_pto=wapp the Russians either got bored and cut accidentally one of their own cables, or someone reminded Russians that they aren't the only country in the world which can mess up underwater cables.

EDIT: Or who can pay for the Chinese to "accidentally" drag another set of cargo ship anchors across the Baltic sea bottom, and just as happens on the very spot where the safety buffer made from gravel has mysteriously disappeared.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 6, 2023

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
aurora borealis was visible last night in the latitudes of Ukraine

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Gift a few subs to Ukraine so they can sail around russia sabotaging poo poo :allears:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Gift a few subs to Ukraine so they can sail around russia sabotaging poo poo :allears:
Sounds good,:what's their twitch channel?

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Dwesa posted:

aurora borealis was visible last night in the latitudes of Ukraine

gently caress, they've seen that poo poo down to southern Italy. That was a Big Fart.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Some minor damage to that missile ship in kerch. No doubt from falling fragments of successfully intercepted cruise missiles

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

large hands posted:

Some minor damage to that missile ship in kerch. No doubt from falling fragments of successfully intercepted cruise missiles

Sadly, we can't assume that this isn't the standard configuration of a Russian naval asset.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
SHOIGU

GET THAT CORVETTE OUT OF THE SHIPYARD SHOIGU

THEY ARE DROPPING THUG SHAKER ON IT SHOIGU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Der Kyhe posted:

https://yle-fi.translate.goog/a/74-20058825?_x_tr_sl=fi&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=fi&_x_tr_pto=wapp the Russians either got bored and cut accidentally one of their own cables, or someone reminded Russians that they aren't the only country in the world which can mess up underwater cables.

EDIT: Or who can pay for the Chinese to "accidentally" drag another set of cargo ship anchors across the Baltic sea bottom, and just as happens on the very spot where the safety buffer made from gravel has mysteriously disappeared.

What a strange place for a smoke

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

:lmao:

naem
May 29, 2011

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Hey, Shoigu, get in the corvette

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
plink

https://i.imgur.com/zGBRDWp.mp4

That's a Ukrainian BTR-4 getting hit by a Russian FPV drone to absolutely zero effect. The Russians flew 6 FPVs into it and they all plinked off like that and they finally gave up :lol: :byetankie:

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
The BTR-4 looks fabulous and that's my professional opinion

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

HonorableTB posted:

plink

That's a Ukrainian BTR-4 getting hit by a Russian FPV drone to absolutely zero effect. The Russians flew 6 FPVs into it and they all plinked off like that and they finally gave up :lol: :byetankie:

looks like someone throwing a piss bottle at a car

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

What a strange place for a smoke
It really probably didn't hurt Putin's regime that this cable was mostly for civilian Internet access in Kaliningrad area. Or so was at least told.

One of the Finnish ex-generals turned politician said in an interview that this reeks of a Russian feint to shift blame or muddy the waters for "some foreign actor and not us" messing up EU-owned cables and gas pipelines earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

plink

It doesn't look like there was any weapon on the drone? What was the point? Trying to wake them up?