Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

This might have been a mistake..

...but how could I pass on a lad like this??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yes!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lmfao

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
https://twitter.com/necome_titan/status/1721509122246578258

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Bethesda Softworks

Journey to Jaburo

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I let one of my fine-tip panel lining markers dry out. Is it an alcohol based marker? If so I might try reviving it with rubbing alcohol.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RillAkBea posted:

Nekomachinegun!

Thank you. Their stupid gunpla dioramas give me joy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGmsJTpi4C0
gunpla shitposts may have a hold on me.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Pictures don't really communicate what a chunker the Xi is. It makes every other 1/144 I have look tiny. Very cool and very fun to pose.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

let's wrassle boah gonna make ya squeal like a gouf

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

char this char that a char on the mat is what yer gonna be when I take ya down from the top rope oh yeaaaaaaah

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Pierson posted:

Pictures don't really communicate what a chunker the Xi is. It makes every other 1/144 I have look tiny. Very cool and very fun to pose.

And then Penelope makes THAT look small.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

only war in the pocket is gonna be when I pocket ya onto my thrusters for my banagher brain buster. yeah he was a newtype - a new type of accordion, yeaaaah

ok I'm done

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 8, 2023

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

so, this came in the mail yesterday. it was fun! the main drawback being that, while the gold ABS plastic looks nice, and is all shiny, the nubs show really prominently, as seen here:

(yes, this pic was me realizing that I'd managed to put it together 75% of the way while missing a piece from the base, meaning i had to start over)

I wish they'd undergated it a bit better given that
A: all of the pieces are made up of two parts anyways
B: a lot of the puzzle pieces have lots of surface area inside the puzzle

it should've been relatively easy to have no visible nub marks at all?

anyways, it was fun to put it together, even if there were some steps that drove me insane trying to balance everything

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/BandaiHobbyUS/status/1722031161336021316?t=-kTOdnmPp525KhONqFxS1Q&s=19

Alpha Tauri Gundam kinda fucks. The blue gives it an FA Thunderbolt vibe.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

only war in the pocket is gonna be when I pocket ya onto my thrusters for my banagher brain buster. yeah he was a newtype - a new type of accordion, yeaaaah

ok I'm done

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Lane Aim and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another pilot, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm Mafty and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, chance at beating me. Then you add Kenneth Sleg to the mix, your chances of winning drastically go down. See the 3 way at Davao, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Kenneth KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!

So Lane Aim, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Davao. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Davao. See Lane, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Davao.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Davaomania XVIII is brought to you by Right Guard. Right Guard - sweat happens

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 8, 2023

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/BandaiHobbyUS/status/1722031161336021316?t=-kTOdnmPp525KhONqFxS1Q&s=19

Alpha Tauri Gundam kinda fucks. The blue gives it an FA Thunderbolt vibe.

Yeah it does look pretty rad, I hope they make an HG or RG of it because lmao at PG prices.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/momo_62367/status/1718534247773098014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my1lxS-xbn0

A tour of Hobby Center Shinkan

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ah drat I didnt think this stupid idea would turn out this well even in the putty exploration phase. Now I guess I have to do it. and zgok's are so cheap too. :3

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Synthbuttrange posted:

Ah drat I didnt think this stupid idea would turn out this well even in the putty exploration phase. Now I guess I have to do it. and zgok's are so cheap too. :3

Nya'gok? Ny'gok?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Pyon'gok

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Suruga-ya is back again with free shipping this weekend. Got an MG F90 Mars for less than the US p-bandai retail, so that's pretty neat.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

parabolic posted:

Suruga-ya is back again with free shipping this weekend. Got an MG F90 Mars for less than the US p-bandai retail, so that's pretty neat.
i had Lfrith Ur, Schwartzette, and Calibarn in my cart yesterday

today, Lfrith Ur was out of stock

30 seconds later, after I went to hit confirm order, Schwartzette and Calibarn were also out of stock.

(but i managed to snag a miorine to go with my suletta, so maybe thats okay :shobon:)

edit: i checked again and calibarn was back in stock, so i bought it. then schwarzette was also back in stock?? but even with a 500yen commission fee for each, it's still cheaper, so...

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 10, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/GundamInfoNA/status/1723076945573753265?t=wAajDsfzMeO7ZeBAR23J5g&s=19

Not that I was about to shell out for a Perfect Grade but lol that they did this promotional deal and yet the PG Alpha Tauri Gundam isn't for sale, just a Vegas exclusive.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So it was just a custom paint job?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah I think it's just a display piece for this race or whatever they're doing in Vegas

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

parabolic posted:

i made the mistake of looking at 30 minute mission parts and eggboys for $10? oh god.

Okay trimmed it down again after it bloated to 11 items and went with another eggboy, basically the only good looking Amaim kit (subjective I know), and an amazing retro looking Xabungle kit got the Xabungle kits look so great aaaaah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Av4YEDelE

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 11, 2023

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Eeesh didnt know how spoiled i was by mr color but these tamiya acrylics spray kinda terribly. Had to put my pressure way up to get anything going. If it wasnt for the color... actually even with the color I think I wont bother with tamiya acrylics anymore. And they're not even completely dry after painting, slightly tacky to the touch. Yuck.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
What did you use to thin them?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lacquer thinner. It seems fine now several hours later. Guess it just takes much longer to cure than Mr Hobby Aqueous

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was at the hobby store and saw a set of 100mm diamond files. Would they be a good option for nub removal so I'm not using a hobby knife and slowly slicing away?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

I was at the hobby store and saw a set of 100mm diamond files. Would they be a good option for nub removal so I'm not using a hobby knife and slowly slicing away?

My experience with non-glass files is that you spend a lot more time with your sandpaper/buff block after because the files are much lower grit and tend to leave scratches that take a while to buff out. I think between using something low-grit and slicing with my hobby knife, I'd prefer the hobby knife. Either way you're still going to need to use the higher grits to finish the job.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The main advantage of nub removal files is that their cutting surfaces are much finer than the average file so after you're done grinding that nub away you have a nice smooth polished surface and don't have to go over it with high grit sandpaper to smooth out any roughness.

So just buying any old file won't necessarily do the same thing. Most files at the hobby store are probably rougher, making them much faster at taking away material but leaving a less polished surface behind and requiring touch-up work.
In particular diamond is just gonna make it harder and sharper and won't make the teeth any more fine so you'll kinda be paying extra for nothing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Specifically it was this Vallejo set I saw.

Didn't buy it but was curious.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah those files are more for shaping than for polishing/buffing.
You can get the DSPIAE glass file for 13bux on amazon if you want one.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah those files are more for shaping than for polishing/buffing.
You can get the DSPIAE glass file for 13bux on amazon if you want one.

Diamond files are also really good for metal minis.

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

I dunno about diamond files but I tried switching from knife to high quality glass sanding and hated it. It's a huge pain in the rear end to clean up, both wet and dry method. It also takes forever.
The nub removal is near perfect, but I went back to knife after a couple builds.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I keep a blob of blu tack nearby to clean my glass file on whenever i use it. Instantly unclogs it with minimal effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Oh god, lmao