Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Good deal for the Sharks. Low risk, maybe a high reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Except Minnesota has gone and replaced him with Zach Bogosian for some reason? Hrm.

E: lols he’s only played four times for Tampa this year.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Carver posted:

I thought this was him getting benched twice over but that was Gaudreau getting benched the other night.

Tkachuk is really the only one making it out of all this, isn't he

I heard he got benched, I actually haven't watched Gaudreau all year but 1 goal 5 points in 12 games ain't a great start.

And yeah, Tkachuk gets to go to the rink in a pimped out golf cart and flip-flops... living the dream.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Misanthrope posted:

I heard he got benched, I actually haven't watched Gaudreau all year but 1 goal 5 points in 12 games ain't a great start.

And yeah, Tkachuk gets to go to the rink in a pimped out golf cart and flip-flops... living the dream.

His boss is Paul Maurice

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

bub spank posted:

Sens are dead last in the East. They’ve played 1-3 fewer games than everyone else, but even winning those games would only bring them to a tie with Montreal, or one point ahead of the Sabres.

Last year they had pretty good underlying numbers and atrocious goaltending. This year they’ve got bad goaltending and atrocious underlying numbers. Not sure why they’re so much worse with an objectively better roster and the same coach. They’ve also got 8 players hovering at or around a PPG pace, so it’s not like they’re not scoring, but the problem is they’re not outscoring their defensive awfulness.

Kind of don’t know how I feel about this core anymore. Players defending DJ is fine, I get it they seem to like him a lot. But calling out fans for booing them and chanting to fire the coach is such a bad look. They are spending to the cap, expectation is they are in the mix for a playoff spot and here they are tanking the season by November again. People spent like $100 to drive to fuckin Kanata to watch 4 straight home losses, obviously they’re gonna boo you off the ice you soft babies

Like clockwork after ever single loss from the coach down to the 4th line talking about “a couple bounces” being the difference when they lose a game 4-1. Literally just say a “we gotta play better” sports cliche and everybodys happy. Some accountability would go a long way

This team is just constantly a trash fire lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I don't know what more DJ Smith has to do to make it any clearer that he's overmatched trying to be a head coach in the NHL

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't know what more DJ Smith has to do to make it any clearer that he's overmatched trying to be a head coach in the NHL

Steve Staios and Andlauer both say it’s “way too early” to make a coaching change so looking forward to being out of a wild card spot by double digits before December starts as per tradition

Then hey they played pretty hard to end the season when there were 0 expectations lets give DJ another shot in 24/25

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

They'll finally fire him and then replace him with Dallas Eakins, probably

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

They'll finally fire him and then replace him with Dallas Eakins, probably

They're waiting for Toronto to fire Keefe so they can hire him.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I mean to be fair teams seem to usually wait like 20 games before a coaching chance

just long enough to be far enough out of the playoffs they can make a mad scramble to get back into the race only to fade at the end of the year and pick 15th in the draft

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Levitate posted:

I mean to be fair teams seem to usually wait like 20 games before a coaching chance

just long enough to be far enough out of the playoffs they can make a mad scramble to get back into the race only to fade at the end of the year and pick 15th in the draft

Ah, pulling a Calgary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

I haven't even been able to enjoy Matthews' season because I just keep thinking his S% is just too darn high.

Well he's American that's just par for the course really.

That's not an intentional golfing joke.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Jhet posted:

I think he’s just not suited for Minnesota and the way we expect our defenders to play. It was a good attempt and something is better than nothing when they clearly don’t have much interest in a new contract for him at the end of the season.

Anyone have good hockey podcasts that are not barstool or chicklets garbage? Scouting the Refs I’ve found and it’s okay, just looking for some deeper cuts that aren’t a Sportsnet or Athletic thing.

Would Puck Soup count as an Athletic thing? One of the guys is Sean McIndoe but it’s overall pretty good and very much not bartstool poo poo

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

pseudodragon posted:

They're waiting for Toronto to fire Keefe so they can hire him.

They can't have him, the Pens have dibs.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Twin Cinema posted:

I haven't even been able to enjoy Matthews' season because I just keep thinking his S% is just too darn high.

i am going to cry a lot if he doesn't hit 90 goals by march

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Isentropy posted:

Would Puck Soup count as an Athletic thing? One of the guys is Sean McIndoe but it’s overall pretty good and very much not bartstool poo poo

I don’t dislike SN/Athletic, those are just the easy ones to find and they have their format. I haven’t tried Puck Soup though so I’ll give it a go. There’s just a lot of podcasts to sift through.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Flyers suck

Oilers being first team to lose to SJ would have ruled, ugh

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
how's reaves doing this yaer

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
News: Jordan Eberle suffered a laceration from a skate to the leg in practice and is out indefinitely. This is his last year on his contract so may have played his last game as a Kraken.
Shane Wright and another jag have been called up from Coachella Valley.

Views: looking forward to Shane Wright: healthy scratch redux.
Hopefully they figure out how to shuffle things around to give him meaningful minutes at Center but he might be playing out of position on the wing given where all 3 injuries to starters are (Burakovsky, Eberle, Tanev).
This season may be a tank/development season already.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Levitate posted:

Leads the team in hits and fights. Dead last in points, +/-, TOI, CF%, xGF%, GF%. On for 0GF and 9GA so far.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Levitate posted:

About as well as you’d expect

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Levitate posted:

https://twitter.com/TicTacTOmar/status/1712245021376651522

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He also lost both fights.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/xhekajsky/status/1722429327189401876?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Somehow worse than what was described

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

:stare:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Gross. I liked him for a while.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Yeah, he's got problems alright. Many, many problems.

e: I should probably describe the video because there's no good reason to gawk: He's in the back of a police cruiser, evidently intoxicated in some way, saying slurs and making descriptive death threats for two minutes.

fisting by many fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 9, 2023

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
In other news... 400 goals for Kopitar. Which, as I understand, is more than Devon Setoguchi.

Mr. Kite fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 9, 2023

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

This was funnier when Bryzgalov did it.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1722422405795054048?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

The john klingberg experience

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jhet posted:

I don’t dislike SN/Athletic, those are just the easy ones to find and they have their format. I haven’t tried Puck Soup though so I’ll give it a go. There’s just a lot of podcasts to sift through.

Puck Soup is pretty good. It's not all hockey stuff. I generally don't listen to sports podcasts, but I listen to them. Lambert used to post here too.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I like the Hockey PDOCast. They have a good variety of topics and have a bit more of an analytical bent that most shows but it's hardly a numbers only podcast.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
The Caps looked pretty good in a losing effort. Someone should tell Ovi that, while we appreciate his playmaking abilities, he should probably try and score goal.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Puck Soup is pretty good. It's not all hockey stuff. I generally don't listen to sports podcasts, but I listen to them. Lambert used to post here too.

Yeah if you want someone snarkier than the most terminally online political poster you've ever met, with a bonus of being as condescending as possible to women on twitter, R-lam is 100% your guy.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
I know you’ve already answered, but what the gently caress was that

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

DJExile posted:

Yeah if you want someone snarkier than the most terminally online political poster you've ever met, with a bonus of being as condescending as possible to women on twitter, R-lam is 100% your guy.

Lambert sucks so much lol

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Mike Works posted:

I know you’ve already answered, but what the gently caress was that

Not the worst Leafs defensive play of the game, let alone the season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DJExile posted:

Pfft I can get that without leaving this site. That’s efficiency, baby.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

https://x.com/DevilsJointYT/status/1722115069801046439?s=20

originally a major, rescinded down to a minor (but then got a major for a total of 7 for crosschecking Timo Meier lol). the right call, although no call would have been fine. another textbook "don't freeze up in the danger zone when there's a forechecker hard on you". Hughes looked like he panicked and froze up. And didn't play the puck or protect himself. Colton even tried to get to the side of him. Could have been a lot worse. he's gotta use the boards instead of getting thrown into him. feel bad for Colton. you gotta expect a defender is going to know how to take a forecheck in the NHL
This hit on Hughes is textbook interference. Hughes was not eligible to be checked here. Looks like an easy 5 minute major for interference due to the violence and unnecessary nature of the hit. Colton didn't even attempt to play the puck, he went for the hit.

Why should Hughes expect to be hit here when he's not a legal target?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Because hockey is a man's sport. If you don't want to get hit, go play soccer.