Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Nostradingus posted:

The Addams Family (1991). Still really good. Just perfect casting, especially Raul Julia and Christopher Lloyd.

I love the scene where they go down to the vault, taking a little boat to a secret room out on the water full of random heirlooms to drink and smoke and watch old home movies. poo poo's cozy as hell.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Event Horizon

pretty neat, really liked the concept. jarring mix of really cool practical effects and very 90s CGI ones. seeing Sam Neill in two movies in a row being a dickhead blinded by his own job until driven insane made me lol. overall i liked it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic posted:

Event Horizon

pretty neat, really liked the concept. jarring mix of really cool practical effects and very 90s CGI ones. seeing Sam Neill in two movies in a row being a dickhead blinded by his own job until driven insane made me lol. overall i liked it

i lol every time the credits start. prodigy out of mf nowhere

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I got the tude now posted:

i lol every time the credits start. prodigy out of mf nowhere

said out loud "these credits go hard" as soon as it kicked in lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

symbolic posted:

said out loud "these credits go hard" as soon as it kicked in lol

lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Just watched They Live for halloween, what a fun movie. It took a little while to get going but holy poo poo does it take off. What a totally unhinged screenplay. Also that fight to get frank to wear the glasses lmao.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Lost Boys (1987) - Absolute classic. I hate to say "they don't make em like this anymore", but they don't.

I think I'm gonna watch this next, I've only ever heard good things about it my whole life.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Suspiria (1977) - somehow never watched this before. It is cool as hell, highly recommended

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

I think I'm gonna watch this next, I've only ever heard good things about it my whole life.

it's great fun if nothing else, you just have to make sure you're ready for a peak 80's movie

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Suspiria (1977) - somehow never watched this before. It is cool as hell, highly recommended

Late 70s synth scores ftmfw.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Saw X

i don't know if i can really talk about it much since it's my first Saw film, but i liked it overall, struck a good balance between the games and exposition to make you root for John Kramer, i thought. don't know if i have it in me to watch many more of them considering how squeamish i got. oh well

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

saw it for rhe first time myself and it kicks rear end, extreme 80s vibes in a good way

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

killers of the flower moon

Movie of the year but I was really distracted by Brendan Fraser's appearance as De Niro's lawyer because I kept thinking of the Whale memes

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

The killer - good to see fincher back on his grind. Cool, well made, great sound. Great to see in a theater, feel like there used to be lots of movies like this and I miss them

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Plutonis posted:

killers of the flower moon

Movie of the year but I was really distracted by Brendan Fraser's appearance as De Niro's lawyer because I kept thinking of the Whale memes

yea those 2 cameos caught me rly off guard, it ruled

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Cold in July (2014) - Extremely good casting, the last half hour is near perfect, and multiple scenes in the movie reminded me of Hotline Miami.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

back on that forged in fire rear end. god i missed watchin this. need to get a forge goin

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ted 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

as above so below.

cool found footage movie that isnt annoying with "theres a person holding a handcam so it must shake and nauseate the audience," pretty fun and spooky.

it reviewed like dogshit but when I read critical reviews its all "why is a woman smart??? this makes no sense?" or "I am an ACTUAL Dead Language Scholar and this movie is laughably stupid, hmph!"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The rejected

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I don’t have any attachment to spider-Man, so I’m actually dumbfounded that these spiderverse movies exist (just saw the second one on Netflix). I think it has the most spectacular artwork I’ve ever seen in a movie.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I watched the first one on a plane and it was really quite good actually

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I Married a Witch

----------------

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

American McGay posted:

I Married a Witch

nice but what did you watch recently?

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Plebian Parasite posted:

nice but what did you watch recently?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

I Married a Witch

take it to the wife thread

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Planned on watching it for October, but couldn’t get to it. I love Keanu Reeves and all, but my God this is his worst performance. The set designs and art direction were both fantastic though. Even though it was a split second, I can’t help but wonder if the rats running upside down on the ceiling and the liquid dripping up from the bottle influenced the inverted castle in Symphony of the Night

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
The effects in that movie were god tier

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
episode 1 for both Blue Eye Samurai and Scavengers Reign

both really good animated shows.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ohhh i watched drunken angel. movie fuckin rules, takashi shimura and mifune are incredible. man i miss when movies could just be like, heres two interesting characters. enjoy them.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TheSwizzler posted:

The effects in that movie were god tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGBZucm_iWI

this is a good mini doc on it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

man i miss when movies could just be like, heres two interesting characters. enjoy them.

i got that vibe a lot from The Lighthouse but yeah you don't really get that anymore

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extreme pro click

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

i got that vibe a lot from The Lighthouse but yeah you don't really get that anymore

yeh marriage story was kind of that too but theyre definitely exceptions. now its definitely more, heres batman. give me your money bitch

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Fungah! posted:

ohhh i watched drunken angel. movie fuckin rules, takashi shimura and mifune are incredible. man i miss when movies could just be like, heres two interesting characters. enjoy them.

My dinner with Andre is on Max and is like the ultimate example of this.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

These motherfuckers really did it, we’re getting 4K versions of the abyss, true lies and aliens :letsgo: Digital release before Xmas, discs in March next year.

Pretty tempted by the one night only showing of the abyss in 4K in theaters in a few weeks. That movie kicks rear end.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

been doing a sopranos rewatch in the evening after i get my kid off to bed. those first 2 seasons just hit perfectly.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

pilot for murder at the end of the world, i dont hate it

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
did a blue velvet and perfect blue double feature and loved them both

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Killer. It’s aight.

----------------