Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Not like the va's gender matters, Luffy and Chopper are both voiced by women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Star Platinum posted:

True, regardless I am kind of looking forward to hearing them speak in the anime though.

I think Vegapunk may have already gotten a line in a flashback a while before now but I’m not sure if the guy who did it is still alive

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 12, 2023

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Star Platinum posted:

Wait are you saying Luffy and Chopper aren't women?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Chapter is officially out

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019259

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/redbeanp13/status/1723712498577403990?t=25lUU33wWFWu8sHA3ZWBWw&s=19

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hey Strawhat, remember when I beat you at Mario Party?!

No...

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol cool

derra
Dec 29, 2012
He's gonna pass the disease to the king, petrifying him and earning the tyrant monkier, isn't he?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Not to become the reddit guy, but there's a lot of fun theories going on over nowadays, few fun ones:

Now that we have Sapphire Scale in addition to Amber Lead, people are pointing out that each planet can be related to various gemstones, and Jupiter ties to sapphires. They could be creating or related to both diseases.

You know, if you're already loving around with alchemy or dark magics, and you need a way to make characters "immortal", a disease that feeds the villain the life force of others isn't a bad move. If this comes to anything more than speculation, anyway.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
gently caress, just noticed Kuma teleported away without hearing Ginny's last words :smith:

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!
Oda isn't doing well, is he? The artwork in half of these panels look like pencil sketches that haven't been cleaned up.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah it owns. Not the “Oda obviously needs a break” part, but the sketchy art itself adds to the story.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Not to become the reddit guy, but there's a lot of fun theories going on over nowadays, few fun ones:

Kuma might have been at Sabody not to save the Strawhats, but to say goodbye to Bonnie before his cyborg-ification was complete.

Now that we have Sapphire Scale in addition to Amber Lead, people are pointing out that each planet can be related to various gemstones, and Jupiter ties to sapphires. They could be creating or related to both diseases.

Floodgates on cast/crew stuff is fun to see too.

Jupiter ties to yellow sapphires. Saturn ties with blue sapphires. Guess which Elder Planet is prominent right now?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

gently caress

gently caress gently caress gently caress

God dammit

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

gem theory ...

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lpzie posted:

gem theory ...

Film Red and Egghead Island are leading us to the true nature of the One Piece

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this gem/disease poo poo feels like a reach right now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We now have a baseline for Netflix Brook

https://twitter.com/laughing_place/status/1723546894087983593?s=20

Do this

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Siliziumleben posted:

Oda isn't doing well, is he? The artwork in half of these panels look like pencil sketches that haven't been cleaned up.

I mean, I think he’s just been insanely busy, in addition to the travel he recently did for the Live Action he also had a thing for the One Piece anime anniversary at the end of October. Oda also famously insists on drawing anything that moves, not only all people but water, clouds, etc.

When I heard about the sketchy pages I got worried too but this is still insanely detailed, it’s leagues above similar unfinished pages from MHA, Black Clover and particularly HxH. It’s hardly evidence of him being on death’s door.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

May I see your panties?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Just get La Parka and be done with it

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Guy A. Person posted:

I mean, I think he’s just been insanely busy, in addition to the travel he recently did for the Live Action he also had a thing for the One Piece anime anniversary at the end of October. Oda also famously insists on drawing anything that moves, not only all people but water, clouds, etc.

When I heard about the sketchy pages I got worried too but this is still insanely detailed, it’s leagues above similar unfinished pages from MHA, Black Clover and particularly HxH. It’s hardly evidence of him being on death’s door.
Sketchy pages generally don't mean good things in terms of the mangaka's schedule or health.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
have yall noticed that there seems to be a "cyclical" era thing going on in the OP world, with the sun and the moon taking turns in terms of whos "era" it is. roger -> whitebeard -> luffy, the people of wano being said to be 'the moon unaware of the dawn', etc. what we see as the ruling structure of zou (before the events of wano ostensibly reconciled the two) might be in play in a bigger sense? where two rulers agreed to each take certain lengths of time as their domain or something

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
the hxh unfinished pages are good

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

mikeycp posted:

the hxh unfinished pages are good

That's every HxH page because the manga's gonna go unfinished forever.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
the real secret about hxh is that EVERY page is bad

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Nikumatic posted:

the real secret about hxh is that EVERY page is bad

mods??

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It takes Togashi, on average, 22.7 days per chapter (400 chapters released across 9065 days)

Meanwhile, it takes Oda 8.75 days per chapter (1098 chapters released across 9610 days)

Man, Oda is just insanely consistent. 1098 chapters with only 275 break weeks. I'm curious what the longest streak of chapters without a break was.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Scholtz posted:

It takes Togashi, on average, 22.7 days per chapter (400 chapters released across 9065 days)

Meanwhile, it takes Oda 8.75 days per chapter (1098 chapters released across 9610 days)

Man, Oda is just insanely consistent. 1098 chapters with only 275 break weeks. I'm curious what the longest streak of chapters without a break was.

Technically it's probably only like 20-something weeks, because of Jump holiday breaks.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Scholtz posted:

I feel like using a dude whose health problems were/are so crippling that he needs to bathe to clean himself after taking a dump because he can’t just wipe isn’t a great metric for consistency, imo.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Fabricated posted:

Sketchy pages generally don't mean good things in terms of the mangaka's schedule or health.

I know that's why I described his schedule being overstuffed

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Strange how chapter 1100 is Akainu sitting in his office for 19 pages reading out loud the report about how Kuma killed Saturn, saved bonney, was saved by gear 5 and took everyone straight to Elbaph. Even got "ussop did a very funny face" in his report.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MorningMoon posted:

Strange how chapter 1100 is Akainu sitting in his office for 19 pages reading out loud the report about how Kuma killed Saturn, saved bonney, was saved by gear 5 and took everyone straight to Elbaph. Even got "ussop did a very funny face" in his report.

a chapter like that down the line would be legit cool. Like how the Strawhats offscreened all of York's rebellion to show off that yes, they are an emperor's crew, a couple seraphim and some automated defenses are basically nothing to them at this point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I better keep my rear end in this office. Or I'm FINISHED‼️

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Gem illness aside, does seem like the eight bodies around the sun could be spot on.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol whoa

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Whoever wrote that ate the TIMECUBE-TIMECUBE fruit

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
we are on a break week right

Arist