Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Jinbei grew up in the fishman district: no parents, no rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
important question: which zoro getting lost gag is the best?

for my money i think its the one in enies lobby. it's just so abrupt and chopper and nami seeing him run off perpendicular to them hits so well

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Something I've been thinking about: When we first saw Kuma teleporting people away it was said the people he teleports always fly for 3 days and nights before landing wherever he sent them, but now it seems to be instantaneous. Was it just a thing where he can control how fast the person is moving so he deliberately sent the Straw Hats flying for a few days to make it harder to find them?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

tbp posted:

for my money i think its the one in enies lobby. it's just so abrupt and chopper and nami seeing him run off perpendicular to them hits so well

The one where if you're playing as him in One Piece Odyssey, it doesn't show you the mini map

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Something I've been thinking about : When we first saw Kuma teleporting people away it was said the people he teleports always fly for 3 days and nights before landing wherever he sent them, but now it seems to be instantaneous. Was it just a thing where he can control how fast the person is moving so he deliberately sent the Straw Hats flying for a few days to make it harder to find them?
No it still takes a long time. What makes you think otherwise?

Kuma started his current journey days ago.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Something I've been thinking about : When we first saw Kuma teleporting people away it was said the people he teleports always fly for 3 days and nights before landing wherever he sent them, but now it seems to be instantaneous. Was it just a thing where he can control how fast the person is moving so he deliberately sent the Straw Hats flying for a few days to make it harder to find them?

its definitely not instantaneous. idk if the three day thing is a full on rule or anything, but the flashback has not implied otherwise and in the current timeline we literally see him flying for multiple days

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

tbp posted:

The one in Dressrosa, where he’s being guided by one of the Tontatta and literally fucks up running in a straight line and tries to justify it by saying the instructions were too complex. Either that or him going fishing and managing to get on an entire other ship that was about to head to Fishman Island and cutting it in half. And maybe it’s not a gag in the same way, but Zoro passive-aggressively lording it over everyone that he got to Sabody first because Perona brought him.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Eiba posted:

No it still takes a long time. What makes you think otherwise?

Kuma started his current journey days ago.

I may have forgotten that the Straw Hats have been on Egghead for several days now I guess.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

The one in Dressrosa, where he’s being guided by one of the Tontatta and literally fucks up running in a straight line and tries to justify it by saying the instructions were too complex. Either that or him going fishing and managing to get on an entire other ship that was about to head to Fishman Island and cutting it in half. And maybe it’s not a gag in the same way, but Zoro passive-aggressively lording it over everyone that he got to Sabody first because Perona brought him.

lmaoooo the tontatta one is great. i love the stupid rear end excuses

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

also why are things happening on a 200 year cycle

void century was 800 years ago

noldand was 400 years ago

fishman island joined the wg 200 years ago

just weird

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I still love when he didn’t recognize the King Traits of the Seraphim for a long rear end time despite how obvious it was.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

tbp posted:

The time in sabaody got me so good like it’s such a simple gag with the bubble hiding the number, but it was so funny

they want shady
May 11, 2013

tbp posted:

I like the one ni Skypiea where he's walking with the southbird looking north the best, I think. Second best and way subtler is Wano where he gets lost riding a dog and ends up on the other side of the country.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I think it's rad that Shiki is canon even if his movie probably isn't, but I'm also a little disappointed and surprised that Oda didn't also make Douglas Bullet canon the same way.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Did Oda get the inspiration for Shiki from Oscar Pistorius? :ohdear:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I like the alabasta one where he's shown way outside the city (but then reaches the tower first anyway)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MonsterEnvy posted:

I still love when he didn’t recognize the King Traits of the Seraphim for a long rear end time despite how obvious it was.

the way he phrased it was just amazing

"yeah it was hard to tell at first, except for the fire, and the invincibility, and the wings, and the"

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Bleck posted:

I think it's rad that Shiki is canon even if his movie probably isn't, but I'm also a little disappointed and surprised that Oda didn't also make Douglas Bullet canon the same way.

I admit I haven’t seen Stampede, but everything I’ve read about Bullet makes him come across as an obnoxious Mary Sue, frankly. A previously unmentioned Roger crew member, with a backstory similar to Kaidou’s, who’s never lost before except to Roger himself and to a team-up that included both Garp and Sengoku, was supposedly as strong as Prime Rayleigh even before training to become even stronger, and requires a team-up that includes Sabo, Lucci, Luffy, Law, and Hancock to defeat? Isn’t that all a bit much?

But maybe it works better in the actual movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Not really

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

wait till oda reveals Columbo

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Lpzie posted:

Wow, the Yami-Yami fruit, ain't that something? You know, I don't know much about Devil fruits Mr. Teach, I'm sorry, Blackbeard, I have trouble with names. Anyway, like I was saying, Devil Fruits, they confuse me for the most part, too complicated, and I've heard they taste bad. But my wife? Can't get enough of them. Talks day and night about how neat it would be to fly around like a bird, or be able to light things on fire. Would really save me time when I'm cooking, if I could turn into fire like that little fire fist guy...Trace I think his name is? She even bought a whole book on them. And some of them, the ones we know about anyway, they got real nice pictures in em. Just beautiful drawings. And I just remember on one of the pages, there was a fruit that looked awfully similar to the one Mr. Thatch had. In fact, I think it was the Yami-Yami fruit. Ah, but of course I'm probably misremembering, you seen one swirly looking fruit you've seen em all right. Well, you've got a lot of sailing to do if you're gonna get to that next island, I'll see myself off your ship....

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Lpzie posted:

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Tokikake

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

I like Zoro getting lost in Alabasta because he somehow finds a loving tropical rainforest in a desert country. That or Dressrosa with Wicca being like ARE YOU JUST AN IDIOT

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Lpzie posted:

I like the alabasta one where he's shown way outside the city (but then reaches the tower first anyway)

The bit where everyone is desperately trying to find a way to get to the top of the tower and both Zoro and Sanji pop out of it and start fighting was very good.

Also the fact that the only reason Zoro climbed the tower to begin with was because he was told "Go North" and he confused North with Up

Drakkel fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 15, 2023

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Drakkel posted:

The bit where everyone is desperately trying to find a way to get to the top of the tower and both Zoro and Sanji pop out of it and start fighting was very good.

Also the fact that the only reason Zoro climbed the tower to begin with was because he was told "Go North" and he confused North with Up

great callback to luffy in syrup village running in a coldish direction when usopp says to go north

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

CharlestonJew posted:

the way he phrased it was just amazing

"yeah it was hard to tell at first, except for the fire, and the invincibility, and the wings, and the"

this is why theyre a crew

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Violen posted:

this is why theyre a crew

Love how even Luffy is angry about how stupid Zoro is.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Last Celebration posted:

Love how even Luffy is angry about how stupid Zoro is.

I like how Luffy's reaction is slightly different, whereas Lucci and Giraffe are purely angry, Luffy's eyes sell how his anger has shock mixed in it. "You should've put it together sooner"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the punk hazard gettin lost gag where he gets so lost he ends up in front of the group he's chasng in a hallway with no doors rules too

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
zoro trying to cut off his legs to escape the wax is still peak zoro comedy. i know its not a getting lost gag but its the most zoro thing imaginable.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Is that even comedy? It's a little grotesque but it was the right move at the time and it's something shiki actually did to escape impel down. The comedy came afterwards when he posed for his statue.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No Wave posted:

Is that even comedy? It's a little grotesque but it was the right move at the time and it's something shiki actually did to escape impel down. The comedy came afterwards when he posed for his statue.

It's comedy because he has no plan for winning the fight that would come immediately after cutting off his legs, without any legs

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

No Wave posted:

Shiki had an ability that let him fly. Even Zoro would not have been able to defeat Mr. 3 while crawling and suffering from massive blood loss. (He's no stranger to massive blood loss, but we do know it affects him.)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Y'all forgetting the Giant that Zoro enlisted to help him. (Finally got my SO to read OP after she watched the LA and she's currently in this arc [and I'm rereading it too {any excuse will do!}]).

copy
Jul 26, 2007

rereading one piece ftmfw

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

anime was right posted:

zoro trying to cut off his legs to escape the wax is still peak zoro comedy. i know its not a getting lost gag but its the most zoro thing imaginable.

Then immediately deciding that if he was going to turn into a wax statue he may as well die in a cool pose.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

When he was chained to Sogeking as well, instead of getting the key, his plan was just to cut their arms off and then have Chopper quickly sew them back on.

Though given the world of One Piece, that might have actually been a reasonable plan.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Well, sewing would probably work for the flesh but they may have to drink some milk for the bone to un-break, and Kumadori already drank it all. Oda really thinks of everything.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

When he was chained to Sogeking as well, instead of getting the key, his plan was just to cut their arms off and then have Chopper quickly sew them back on.

Though given the world of One Piece, that might have actually been a reasonable plan.

Buggy will awaken the Chop Chop Fruit and he'll be able to chop other people and then it will be Zoro's time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Scholtz posted:

Well, sewing would probably work for the flesh but they may have to drink some milk for the bone to un-break, and Kumadori already drank it all. Oda really thinks of everything.

Luffy and Brook having a tall glass of milk and instantly healing a cracked skull and regrowing a tooth while Bege's henchman freaked out was such a great moment :)