Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

fermun posted:

Refs did a video review to confirm a double minor high sticking against Rantanen, but they can't upgrade to a major or remove a minor so why did they review?

They can remove a minor. Typically if they know they're going to have to review a penalty, they call the max penalty amount for that particular infraction. For high sticking the usual max is a double minor. So the ref will initially call a double minor then go to review. They can downgrade a double minor to a single minor but they can't upgrade a single minor to a double minor

Major penalties are usually obvious enough that there's no need to initially call a lower penalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

fermun posted:

Refs did a video review to confirm a double minor high sticking against Rantanen, but they can't upgrade to a major or remove a minor so why did they review?

I think he misspoke on the broadcast, or was unclear. They can remove the penalty all together on a double minor high stock if they determine the player's own stock or a teammate's stick caused the injury. They always review a double minor high stick, but can't review a regular minor.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Who the gently caress are the idiots booing Horvat

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Simplex posted:

I think he misspoke on the broadcast, or was unclear. They can remove the penalty all together on a double minor high stock if they determine the player's own stock or a teammate's stick caused the injury. They always review a double minor high stick, but can't review a regular minor.

ah ok, Rycroft had said they couldn't do anything and wasn't corrected so I assumed that was true.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Hope Horvat gets a hattrick, guy put up with captaining a garbage team for years, says some slightly negative things about playing for a absolutely terrible team for most of his career and he’s the bad guy somehow.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
ROFL, this team is gonna get rocked by the Panthers.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
What a disgusting hit by Erne

match penalty throw that piece of poo poo out of the game

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Uhhh, yeah...

Oilers becoming bad and undisciplined is not quite what I expected before October.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
how is that only a 2 minute penalty for contact to the head?!?! Bellemare was injured and had to leave the game

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Starsfan posted:

how is that only a 2 minute penalty for contact to the head?!?! Bellemare was injured and had to leave the game

Apparently the refs called "no malicious intent". lmao

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
:munch:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Ross Colton!

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Great deflection there.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

calls a timeout and is just sketching a portrait of mcdavid on the clipboard

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
:popeye:

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

:negative:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
A Goony Draisaitl appears.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

that’s kraken hockey baby

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Tweak posted:

that’s kraken hockey baby

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Not a bad game, tbh.

Sorry Seattle.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

WE DID IT BABY

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
back to back 4th line goals in like 20 seconds and kiviranta has a 3 point night

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
lmao, wooo toews!!!

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

VOTE1 posted:

Hope Horvat gets a hattrick, guy put up with captaining a garbage team for years, says some slightly negative things about playing for a absolutely terrible team for most of his career and he’s the bad guy somehow.

He got a video tribute and a long standing ovation from the fans. I have no problem with some fun jeering during play, he wants to cut wrestling promos that's what happens 🤷‍♂️.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

needs more powerplays

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Ohh, 2 penalties on the same player.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

lmao demko

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
That's good.

PK still needs a hell of a lot of work

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

:toot: Huggy

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

There's a Wings-Sens game on in Sweden. 2-0 Sens in the 1st. Looking like some pretty alright hockey so far.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lol at the NHL making this broadcast a regional Sens game apparently? Love to be blacked out of a game in Sweden

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
very happy that the Red Wings regressed very hard from the start of the season

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Well, just like that Detroit is within 1 goal. It's a pretty fun game.

e: and tied.

Zat fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 16, 2023

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

DeBrincat destroyed the net cam, hell yeah

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Bard Maddox posted:

very happy that the Red Wings regressed very hard from the start of the season

amending to say I'm very happy that Detroit regressed very hard back again to how they started the season

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

wow they must have doped up Larkin good, guy couldn't even get off the ice under his own power like 5 minutes ago

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

:stare:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

What a spectacular finish. That was a fun game.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Zat posted:

What a spectacular finish. That was a fun game.

what was the time left? I thought we'd see a review

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Escape Goat posted:

what was the time left? I thought we'd see a review

2.0 seconds.