Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

genericnick posted:

OK, but why are they attacking the other hospitals then?

well what’s the next idiotic genocidal leap of logic? “ok maybe it’s another hospital” also knowing that eliminating the medical care system is another method of emptying Gaza by death or ethnic cleansing, in support of the greater goal, taking over the Gaza Strip over the graves of those who resist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

genericnick posted:

They thought the hostages were in the basement of the hospital because that is where they used to torture and kidnap gazans. They’re attacking the other hospitals for evil DTI reasons, but they hyped up Shifa and spent so much on it because they thought taking it would end the war

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

PawParole posted:

They thought the hostages were in the basement of the hospital because that is where they used to torture and kidnap gazans. They’re attacking the other hospitals for evil DTI reasons, but they hyped up Shifa and spent so much on it because they thought taking it would end the war

Taking Shifa would expel or kill every inhabitant of Gaza?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It also explains how their whole strategy has been about moving around the edges of Gaza to try to take hospitals while leaving other areas relatively untouched, especially in the northern corners of the strip. They perhaps needed better intel than "there was a bunker there during the 1980s." I guess they really couldn't believe that Hamas had been building their own network.

They thought taking al-shifa would both get them the hostages (i.e leverage) and take out the Hamas hive mind, and the rest would be mop up as clearly the Palestinian people have only been brained wash by them.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

genericnick posted:

Taking Shifa would expel or kill every inhabitant of Gaza?

it’s the most advanced medical facility in the strip and one of the only capable of many life saving and sustaining procedures and services

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Ardennes posted:

They thought taking al-shifa would both get them the hostages (i.e leverage) and take out the Hamas hive mind, and the rest would be mop up as clearly the Palestinian people have only been brained wash by them.

Said it better than I did.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

PawParole posted:

This explains a lot.

what is this from?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Ardennes posted:

I guess they really couldn't believe that Hamas had been building their own network.

Is this like when racists couldn't believe structures like the pyramids or ziggurats could be built by non-whites, so it must be aliens

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

genericnick posted:

Thank you IOF!

But our hostages are in another hospital!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Hatebag posted:

for 22 years you have been asking: "who is osama bin laden?" this is osama bin laden speaking.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Ardennes posted:

" I guess they really couldn't believe that Hamas had been building their own network.

100%. Supremacists of any stripe are terrible at threat assessment, because they regard everyone else as inferior. Of course Hamas couldn't create their own complexes. Therefore, logically, they are using the ones Israel built and left behind.

I mean of course taking out hospitals is part of the ethnic cleaning plan, but Israel seems to have also bought it's own propaganda about a Hamas command center there, which Is wild.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Al-Saqr posted:

When was the last time in world history that Hospitals were actively targeted on purpose as a matter of course, other than the Syrian Civil war the only other example I can think of is the Rape of Nanking.

Lol. I grabbed these just by searching for 'hospital bombed x conflict', there's way more.

"More than 130 health facilities(2019) in Yemen have been destroyed by a series of airstrikes conducted by the Saudi Arabian-led coalition since March 2015. [3] Many of these have been public health hospitals"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airstrikes_on_Yemen

Locals Say NATO Bombed a Hospital in Libya
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/07/locals-say-nato-bombed-hospital-libya/353233/

US aircraft hit a Red Crescent maternity hospital in Baghdad
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/apr/02/iraq.simonjeffery

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunduz_hospital_airstrike

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Not like this though. the US did nothing but atrocities but what is happening in gaza far exceeds most of what the US did. The US had 20 years to rack up its body count and Israel is moving tremendously faster. This is mass death we have not seen since WWII, Rawanda, etc.

You are posting like a simpleton barely better than thekeeshman. Killing soldiers when you are invading their country for fascist purposes isn't morally better than killing civilians.

quote:

An October 20, 2003, study by the Project on Defense Alternatives at Commonwealth Institute in Cambridge, Massachusetts, estimated that for March 19, 2003, to April 30, 2003, the "probable death of approximately 11,000 to 15,000 Iraqis, including approximately 3,200 to 4,300 civilian noncombatants."

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Weka posted:

You are posting like a simpleton barely better than thekeeshman. Killing soldiers when you are invading their country for fascist purposes isn't morally better than killing civilians.

do you have trouble loving reading?

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

oh my god are we really gonna read that loving stupid loser osama bin ladens horseshit that guy was an insane rich kid piece of poo poo who gave america and israel the opportunity to destroy iraq and undermined the second intifada and his ideology is not only poison its completely innefectual and destructive to any national liberation project

it's like when people extol ted kaczynski, they are are so far under that something that even brushes reality is like a blinding light

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

genericnick posted:

If you attack all the hospitals, eventually you'll get Hamas. Bing bong so simple

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Mean Baby posted:

Israel wants the hospital because their war is against Palestinian children; not Hamas.

they think the H stands for "hostages here"

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Spoondick posted:

spain, the birthplace of the inquisition, colonial exploitation and fascism, has demanded a ceasefire in gaza but america has not

The inquisition was France, fascism was Italy I believe and you have to make some weird definition of colonial exploitation for it not to exist before the unification of Spain.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CheetoVonTito posted:

Watching Blinken get an ulcer while simultaneously making GBS threads himself has made this day, just a wee bit better

https://x.com/mylordbebo/status/1725198265824465148?s=46

You can see him brace for it and then immediately get gut punched.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ardennes posted:

It also explains how their whole strategy has been about moving around the edges of Gaza to try to take hospitals while leaving other areas relatively untouched, especially in the northern corners of the strip. They perhaps needed better intel than "there was a bunker there during the 1980s." I guess they really couldn't believe that Hamas had been building their own network.

The hospitals are naturally where people seek shelter and since Israel wants to drive them into the desert they make a point of showing that they are not in fact shelter. Everything else is just nonsense they threw against the wall in the hope it sticks.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Hatebag posted:

they're so bad at propaganda, terrible at fighting wars, all their high-tech wizzbangs are grift garbage, the people are all retarded nazis and the government is a bunch of criminals tied up in epstein/panama paper stuff. america has perfectly reproduced itself in israel lol

FlapYoJacks posted:

Israel: What are you going to do? Protest us?

thalweg posted:

gently caress Israel
gently caress America
gently caress the IDF
gently caress Genocide Joe Biden
gently caress Benjamin "Hitler 2" Netanyahu

Mean Baby posted:

Israel wants the hospital because their war is against Palestinian children; not Hamas.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

genericnick posted:

it's a quasi-perfect convergence of malice and stupidity

from what I understand of it, you have:

- netanyahu needing the conflict in order to not get thoroughly destroyed;

- the IDF, as fascism demands it, must retaliate against everything that is the Other for having been humiliated; as they get fought back and eat poo poo, it becomes worse and must retaliate with even more force in the self-defeating attempt to recovery its myth of superiority

- the wanton destruction justified as self-defense advances the purposes of colonization; however "justifying" attacking hospitals requires some extraordinary bullshitting efforts because only fascists think in terms of "they use innocents as shields and we must punish them for it"; no anti-colonial/resistance army in modern history has ever done such a thing, far more so when adhering to the principle of a people's war

- as bullshit becomes more evident and genocide goes on, USA keeps the lid but also needs israel to deliver something back, because poo poo keeps getting worse by the hour as pressure builds up everywhere and they start to get attacked directly;

- poo poo escalates (houthis/hezbollah/international solidarity), israel gets more manic, comes up with more bullshit to pursue (which conveniently destroys more of Gaza), it gets hosed up, makes everything worse, repeat

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

the only difference is the rate but estimates put it over 2 million if not more as a result of the us invasions apparently a report came out that puts it over 4.5 million dead including libya etc other wars

the famine disease and exposure can all be blamed as well on the invasions

WoodrowSkillson has a point that Israel's rate of killing here is significantly higher, due to the fact that Israel is obviously directly attempting to kill as many civilians as possible (whereas the US was causing death and immiseration in Iraq/Afghanistan for different reasons and was generally ambivalent towards the civilian death). The US basically deals out death as part its role as a sort of gestalt of capitalism, while Israel is flat-out trying to "kill as many people as fast as possible."

Hatebag posted:

for 22 years you have been asking: "who is osama bin laden?" this is osama bin laden speaking.

Bullshit. Osama Bin Laden is probably dead, and even if he was alive I don't think he'd be posting on the SomethingAwful forums.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

sure seems like they just want to turn all of gaza into unlivable rubble

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

genericnick posted:

The hospitals are naturally where people seek shelter and since Israel wants to drive them into the desert they make a point of showing that they are not in fact shelter. Everything else is just nonsense they threw against the wall in the hope it sticks.

You don't put that much armor into assaults just to make a demonstration of power, nor do you advertise as much as you did just to look like a fool on the world stage. There are as many as 800,000 left in the northern end of the strip, to drive them into the desert, they need to destroy not just hospitals but fight block by block.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
Awesome that the genocide is page 3 news now that the IDF is humiliated and super visibly exposed as evil and non-credible

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

WoodrowSkillson has a point that Israel's rate of killing here is significantly higher, due to the fact that Israel is obviously directly attempting to kill as many civilians as possible (whereas the US was causing death and immiseration in Iraq/Afghanistan for different reasons and was generally ambivalent towards the civilian death). The US basically deals out death as part its role as a sort of gestalt of capitalism, while Israel is flat-out trying to "kill as many people as fast as possible."

fair point

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Bullshit. Osama Bin Laden is probably dead, and even if he was alive I don't think he'd be posting on the SomethingAwful forums.

He's posting from his Mountain Gulch Fortress.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ytlaya posted:

not after he conned lf into giving him a large sum of money to spend on pants

Weka
May 5, 2019

Hatebag posted:

ok i skimmed the bin laden letter. bin laden is cancelled for his bigotry.

This is not all men level discourse

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
IDF commander: "what does our intelligence say? where are the hostages?"

Mossad agent: uhh

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

tired: H for Hospital
wired: H for Hamas

Weka
May 5, 2019

WoodrowSkillson posted:

do you have trouble loving reading?

Do you? The quote I posted shows a similar death rate at the start of the 2003 invasion of Iraq to this current conflict.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

they think the H stands for Hitler and theyre all really excited to meet their idol

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Weka posted:

This is not all men level discourse

well he said he hates the gays and thinks jews run the world. i don't think this guy's on the level

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
HAMAS'S ALAMO
With Al-Shifa Hospital in the IDF’s sights, a new opening emerges for an exchange of hostages and prisoners between Hamas and Israel—and a possible settlement of the war

SEYMOUR HERSH

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

genericnick posted:

If it is certain they were under this hospital, and they're not there, it's pretty obvious they must be underneath one of the other hospitals.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Al! posted:

they think the H stands for Hitler and theyre all really excited to meet their idol

Does this mean that Bibi drives a Hummer H2?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
to bring bin laden chat to a close.

https://twitter.com/BenjaminCrew1/status/1725155664228466730

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ardennes posted:

You don't put that much armor into assaults just to make a demonstration of power, nor do you advertise as much as you did just to look like a fool on the world stage. There are as many as 800,000 left in the northern end of the strip, to drive them into the desert, they need to destroy not just hospitals but fight block by block.

Well, they can't. But also they don't really need to if they destroy all the infrastructure you need to live. My read is that they are only doing the ground invasion for reasons of (domestic) politics. So they took and demolished the parliament and they took and are seemingly now demolishing the hospital that held the Gazan health ministry. I don't doubt that they hoped they'd find something, anything that would win them one more news cycle to continue the slaughter, but when they bombed it earlier you could hear the consent machine seizing up for a bit so dropping American ordnance on it until it's gone wasn't really an option.
The thing you get from reading about the old Gaza campaigns is that the Israelis run on a timer until the Americans get too annoyed and they have to stop. Might not be true this time with Genocide Joe's understanding of time, but that's what they're used to.

genericnick has issued a correction as of 22:28 on Nov 16, 2023